legality of charging for negative MR balance

Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

legality of charging for negative MR balance

Amex clawed back my 100k AFTER I was able to transfer them out leaving me w/ a negative MR balance. Anyone know of actual examples where they charged for negative MRs following account closure? I am wondering if they have any legal right to do so, considering that they can simply forfeit any accumulate MR points if you cancel. I cannot find anything about it in the terms/conditions. Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by privatefarmer
Amex clawed back my 100k AFTER I was able to transfer them out leaving me w/ a negative MR balance. Anyone know of actual examples where they charged for negative MRs following account closure? I am wondering if they have any legal right to do so, considering that they can simply forfeit any accumulate MR points if you cancel. I cannot find anything about it in the terms/conditions. Thanks
Might be better answered in the Amex forum...
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:22 am

You might want to look at the terms of the program as well and see what they say though on quick inspection I did not see anything relevant.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:12 pm

I very much doubt it, but stranger things have happened. Keep us updated.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 4:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Please join discussion in this thread, where the same question was posed at post 925:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27120433

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.