Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Note: The 2017 posts are here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819656-five-back-visa-card-2017-a.html

EDIT 2/3/17 @ 6pm: Rumors suggest Kmart is (or perhaps already has) dropped out of the program. We have two DPs of swipes at Kmart on 2/2 that received 5B on 2/3 (posts #1395 and #1400). Perhaps swipes through "end of week" will receive 5B... could mean 'til the end of Friday 2/3 or Sunday 2/5 or who knows. Please post DPs.

CVS - No longer working
Kmart - Hit & Miss for buying MOs
Staples & Staples.com - Confirmed working but limited to $200/$300 cards
Lowes - Confirmed working but limited to $200 cards

EDIT 1/29/17: Making 5B great again!

EDIT 1/28/17: The gravy train is over

EDIT 1/20/17 @ 2pm EST: At least 2 DPs of 5B posting today (1/20/17) from CVS transactions that took place on Thursday 1/19.

EDIT 1/18/17: CVS is still part of the 5B program. You should still be getting 5B for purchases there. If you aren't, then you should call in. There is no use in posting DPs until on or after the 1/20/17 published CV-Sexit.
Print Wikipost

Five Back Visa Gift Card? (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Slytherin23
It would last forever if people don't abuse it. There should be an intelligence test needed to see these forums. Working together is better than every man for himself.
It has nothing to do with intelligence. It's all about greed and people in this forum are the best at that, so there is no point in trying to reason with them. I wouldn't say opportunities would last forever if people didn't abuse them, but they would definitely last longer. However the moto around these places is, hit it hard until it dies. And neither you nor anyone can change this.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Those cards are pretty good, but a PITA to manage. They will definitely last long, because they are losing money on those, that's for sure.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:22 pm

For those of you who did get $25 rewards twice, did you see it after you emptied the card? after how long?Was wondering whether to throw the used card or save it for mysterious bonus to show up.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gitangali
For those of you who did get $25 rewards twice, did you see it after you emptied the card? after how long?Was wondering whether to throw the used card or save it for mysterious bonus to show up.
No. All the 2nd $25 came when the 1st $25 still on the card. I discovered them by sheer accident. There is no telling - seems a system glitch to me as all mine came on Dec 14, with a different description as Intelispend egift versus the regular rebate as Promotional. I seriously doubt it would repeat.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by dothemath
It has nothing to do with intelligence. It's all about greed and people in this forum are the best at that, so there is no point in trying to reason with them. I wouldn't say opportunities would last forever if people didn't abuse them, but they would definitely last longer. However the moto around these places is, hit it hard until it dies. And neither you nor anyone can change this.
Amen.

Originally Posted by Happy
No. All the 2nd $25 came when the 1st $25 still on the card. I discovered them by sheer accident. There is no telling - seems a system glitch to me as all mine came on Dec 14, with a different description as Intelispend egift versus the regular rebate as Promotional. I seriously doubt it would repeat.
It looked like a system glitch to me as well.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by vagrants
Amen.

It looked like a system glitch to me as well.
I've had this happen twice so far. Once was when i opened a ticket for some cards that weren't rebated after 3 days. They eventually were plus a manual rebate was added. It happened again with 2 out of a bunch i was liquidating that i noticed had 50 bucks on it. They were bought on different days so i can't figure why they got the rebate twice but I'm not complaining.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 9:08 am

Where are all 500 five backs on GCM? Only see maximum denomination of up to 75 bucks. Do you think they will return? or they are gonner?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by tempest347
I've had this happen twice so far. Once was when i opened a ticket for some cards that weren't rebated after 3 days. They eventually were plus a manual rebate was added. It happened again with 2 out of a bunch i was liquidating that i noticed had 50 bucks on it. They were bought on different days so i can't figure why they got the rebate twice but I'm not complaining.
same thing happened to me with the "bonus" described as Intelispend E-Gift while the regular earned CB had no description. I let the bonuses sit on each card for four days just in case of a claw back. Thereafter, I decided to load them all to a WMgc via SCO. That was a generous gift from Blackhawk
Old Dec 25, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Originally Posted by Gitangali
This "glitch" has been known for weeks, discussed privately, -- and might continue if people will either do their own homework or talk about it by pm or on private forums.

Jeez. Reminds me of the US Mint days

Just say no to spoonfeeding Both recipients and feeders
Old Dec 25, 2016, 11:05 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL, AC, CX, BA, AGR, IHG, HH, CC, UR, MR, TY
Originally Posted by Goofy Foot
This "glitch" has been known for weeks, discussed privately, -- and might continue if people will either do their own homework or talk about it by pm or on private forums.

Definition of forum

1 a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business
b : a public meeting place for open discussion
c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas

2 : a judicial body or assembly : court

3 a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion
b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

A private forum is an oxymoron, but I understand that the feature in phpBB and other forum software does exist.

I love the Flyertalk forum because it is true to the spirit (and definition) of what a forum actually is. I hope any censorship of travel hacking and manufactured spending techniques is constrained to abusive comments only. Information has a tendency to become free. (Wikileaks is a good example of this.)

Personally I have not taken advantage of the FB offer, but I can certainly see the attractiveness of using the $25 (or $50) to offset fees and turn a little profit in the endeavor if time permits. I learn a lot from reading the comments on this thread and hope they continue.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:54 am

am i right that the 5B cards (the black color ones bought from GCM) have already been pre-activated when they are mailed to you? i did check the balance online for everyone i received, and it says $500 available balance.

but tomorrow is the first time i will be heading out to use it.

normally i would just have no further concern. however, i am asking this bc i remember reading somewhere on FT forum (forget which thread) recently where some folks realized that theirs are not activated or not activated properly when they tried to use them
Old Dec 26, 2016, 5:07 am

I rather want them to fix the "glitch". Some are not getting credit as it should and some are getting 2x bonus. The 5% promo itself or the inclusion of some retailers may last longer.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:00 am

The level of stupidity and paranoia is beyond me. Whether you discuss here, don't discuss, this is going to last as long as it is going to last. Not a day more or a day less. Have you known there is something called "infinite source" vs finite source? FS rarely affects IS.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
am i right that the 5B cards (the black color ones bought from GCM) have already been pre-activated when they are mailed to you? i did check the balance online for everyone i received, and it says $500 available balance.

but tomorrow is the first time i will be heading out to use it.

normally i would just have no further concern. however, i am asking this bc i remember reading somewhere on FT forum (forget which thread) recently where some folks realized that theirs are not activated or not activated properly when they tried to use them
If it shows the available balance, they're good to go.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:17 am

I made a purchase at Kmart that had to be voided but the money was still drained from my card. Cashier tells me that it should reverse within a week but my experience with this isnt good. Anyone have any advice here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.