Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1.75% gc liquidation?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

1.75% gc liquidation?

hey guys, i used chargesmart a few times last year to liquidate OVs, and recently received an email from them (they've apparently rebranded to tio.com) offering 1.75% flat fees for debit cards for existing users with a completed user profile. i tested again and did receive the 1.75% rate, and payments posted to the biller next business day, but before i jump in full scale, i was wondering if anyone else received this email and can verify it is legit.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rebranded as TIO.com!
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:40 pm

Just curious - you must be buying the OVs with a WF 5% card? Not sure how else a 1.75% liquidation option would be profitable.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:12 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I saw it as a $5.99 fee, so close to 6% cost.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Just curious - you must be buying the OVs with a WF 5% card? Not sure how else a 1.75% liquidation option would be profitable.
yes - one of the few still standing with WF, though I've obviously curtailed my volume significantly. managed to avoid getting the letter of death somehow.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
Originally Posted by ninjakid
hey guys, i used chargesmart a few times last year to liquidate OVs, and recently received an email from them (they've apparently rebranded to tio.com) offering 1.75% flat fees for debit cards for existing users with a completed user profile. i tested again and did receive the 1.75% rate, and payments posted to the biller next business day, but before i jump in full scale, i was wondering if anyone else received this email and can verify it is legit.
Yes, it is legit. When I tried to update the profile, it asked for my SSN, DL# etc. I passed and paid a 2.5% fee to unload one of my VGC which had a bad magnetic stripe.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:58 pm

Hey Tio! That's what my niece calls me anyways. How come these places are such a ripoff? I mean this is only good if you were desperate to liquidate. I don't understand. A year ago I had to pay some taxes. Instead of sending a check with my return, I just used one of those pay taxes websites the IRS recommends. There is several of them out there. I went to CVS, bought a Vanilla Visa and paid using a debit card which was around $2.25 flat fee. Much higher than a money order but factor in time, effort and convenience and it starts looking good.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:34 pm

Can tio be used for OV from CVS? Mall VGC?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Can tio be used for OV from CVS? Mall VGC?
as far as i can tell, any debit card works, whether OV or GD from cvs/walgreens, or sunnies from WM.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:43 pm

can i pay anyone/mail a check with credit card for a fee to meet spend req?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:21 pm

anyone tried to put in a bitcoin wallet?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
can i pay anyone/mail a check with credit card for a fee to meet spend req?
I tried to pay my rent with an OV, but looks like they don't offer that... I was able to make a payment toward my cc account though
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
can't seem to register for a new account now at TIO.com?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by @ORD
can't seem to register for a new account now at TIO.com?
I paid my util bill first which opened the account... after that I was able to login and edit my info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.