FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Chase cards for bank funding (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1768217-chase-cards-bank-funding.html)

anubond005 May 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Chase cards for bank funding

Guys need some clarification on using Chase cards for bank funding. Read so many posts but found conflicting information. Do we need to make cash advance limit to zero to use it for funding?
I have Chase Ink, SW & Hyatt. Wanted to use SW and Hyatt for Buxx and other bank fundings. In the Buxx thread some posters mentioned not to make it zero for chase. Please advise. Thanks.

vacaloca May 25, 2016 2:50 pm

Buxx will fail to load if your CA is set to 0 or below the load limit (even though it posts as a purchase) For remaining banks, look at datapoints for what posts as CA. /thread

anubond005 May 25, 2016 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by vacaloca (Post 26681312)
Buxx will fail to load if your CA is set to 0 or below the load limit (even though it posts as a purchase) For remaining banks, look at datapoints for what posts as CA. /thread

Still nt clear. For ex - Bank X lets u fund $1k with Chase SW/Hyatt and I also need to load $600 on Buxx from the same SW card. Should i keep the CA to $1k or $600?
Thnaks

NoonRadar May 25, 2016 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by anubond005 (Post 26681123)
Guys need some clarification on using Chase cards for bank funding. Read so many posts but found conflicting information. Do we need to make cash advance limit to zero to use it for funding?
I have Chase Ink, SW & Hyatt. Wanted to use SW and Hyatt for Buxx and other bank fundings. In the Buxx thread some posters mentioned not to make it zero for chase. Please advise. Thanks.

It is always a good idea to try to make your cash advance limit 0, or the smallest allowed limit. When you ask them, some banks will make it zero, some will lower it down to a certain amount only, some won't lower it at all from what it is preset. From my experience there is no firm policy or criteria, I've had the same bank make it zero before for a card but not for a new card now. I always ask though, for each new credit card I get. Another thing I do for new credit cards is change the payment due date to make it around the same time as the other credit cards.

I also have a separate cash advance column on my spreadsheet (where I keep track of the credit cards) for things like this.

qijinlee May 25, 2016 11:39 pm

I have $20 CA limit on my IHG. I had no problem loading $200 today. What's the best method unloading NW Buxx? I tried withdraw from ATM but they all charge $1.

anubond005 May 26, 2016 5:39 am

Originally Posted by qijinlee (Post 26683171)
I have $20 CA limit on my IHG. I had no problem loading $200 today. What's the best method unloading NW Buxx? I tried withdraw from ATM but they all charge $1.

I take cash out of PNC bank atm and they don't charge any fee.

anubond005 May 26, 2016 5:40 am

Originally Posted by NoonRadar (Post 26683049)
It is always a good idea to try to make your cash advance limit 0, or the smallest allowed limit. When you ask them, some banks will make it zero, some will lower it down to a certain amount only, some won't lower it at all from what it is preset. From my experience there is no firm policy or criteria, I've had the same bank make it zero before for a card but not for a new card now. I always ask though, for each new credit card I get. Another thing I do for new credit cards is change the payment due date to make it around the same time as the other credit cards.

I also have a separate cash advance column on my spreadsheet (where I keep track of the credit cards) for things like this.

Thanks.