Community
Wiki Posts
Search

paypal my cash ppmc FATAL SECURITY FLAW

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 10:58 am
Original Poster

paypal my cash ppmc FATAL SECURITY FLAW

i was the victim of $1500 loss on these, i found others who lost $3500. in all cases, incomm (who runs these cards) victim blamed and had a fraud investigation process i initially thought was just completely incompetent, although given all the information i was able to find out and feed them, maybe just completely obstructionist.

it is only in response to a demand letter from lawyers ready to take them to federal court hoping for a class action that i was ultimately made whole. the vulnerability is still there and surely fellow victims who are not the small amount who happened upon my tiny unknown blog.

i was able to figure out:

1. employees are embezzling
2. how employees are embezzling
3. which employee embezzled my money

incomm's response was to even at this point, continue to victim blame me and not make me whole. i present to you pictures and videos to support these claims today.

http://www.igobyplane.com/2016/05/16...nd-embezzlers/

[original situation to today in bullet points]

- bought PPMC
- threw on desk
- scratched off PIN 2 months later
- money was gone
- incomm (runs PPMC) told me i must have given my PIN number away, won't give me money, just victim blames me
- found out they have embezzling employees, told them, told them how, told them who took my money
- still victim blamed me, ignored everything
- i retain federal lawyers hoping to find a class action
- incomm settles upon receipt of demand letter
- i post blog - they did not fix problem, they surely did not help past victims

Last edited by sickmint79; May 16, 2016 at 5:33 pm
Old May 16, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
You should really proof read before you post.

You're writing is atrocious and it's difficult to figure out what you are trying to say because your anger overflows in your writing
Old May 16, 2016, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

well. it's been an angry 10 months!
Old May 16, 2016, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by sickmint79
yeah, no idea what you are trying to say. You lost money, but how? Nevermind, I'm reading your link now.

Last edited by babypuwet; May 16, 2016 at 4:45 pm Reason: update
Old May 16, 2016, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by sickmint79
After reading your story, I think the class action lawsuit is very possible. InComm just simply didn't provide enough security protection on the financial products they sell. I'm not an expert at law, but still wish you all the best after all the efforts you put in to trace your money back!

(By the way they credit the money back to Jun, that also provided the evidence that there's something going on inside. The big check they wrote back to Jun is also a great evidence to keep in order to prove the insider job within InComm.)
Old May 16, 2016, 6:45 pm

"i bought these cards and left them on my desk for 2 months
u,sir, are a fool
Old May 16, 2016, 6:57 pm

The "Brittani Washington" whose email you have, is not the same as "Brittany Washington" whose Facebook you stalked to find the InComm dba you're accusing. Note the different spelling and different majors.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by wrinkle7
u,sir, are a fool
This! Geez.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrinkle7
u,sir, are a fool
i don't find it foolish to assume these would be safe. it is shocking incompetency for them to have created a system so poorly and made it unsafe however.

Originally Posted by babehwa
After reading your story, I think the class action lawsuit is very possible. InComm just simply didn't provide enough security protection on the financial products they sell. I'm not an expert at law, but still wish you all the best after all the efforts you put in to trace your money back!

(By the way they credit the money back to Jun, that also provided the evidence that there's something going on inside. The big check they wrote back to Jun is also a great evidence to keep in order to prove the insider job within InComm.)
i'm not sure, no personally identifiable information was breached publicly, which is normally where that becomes a real kicker. incomm certainly does not deserve the 3.95 per card they've charged, but that is probably a tough argument. jun's case is a great one because the silvering is intact on his cards, and they even "concluded" he gave the PINs away. obviously their method for determining this is horribly flawed - although that of course doesn't stop them from using it.

Originally Posted by ElBurrito
The "Brittani Washington" whose email you have, is not the same as "Brittany Washington" whose Facebook you stalked to find the InComm dba you're accusing. Note the different spelling and different majors.
i'm updating everything now to make it less doxxy per some reddit mod complaints. just the video remains at this point. it won't have the links either.

women spell their names differently all the time. i think the sitter profile is dated as well. the linkedin profile has plenty of work with children, the pics look similar enough to me. it would be awfully coincidental for me to find a wrong brittany who also just happened to have a friend who worked at incomm in a position that could most easily take these PINs.

note the major is biology/child development; the linkedin one is psychology with a minor in biology... yeah i am comfortable i have the right person. blurring out things for the time being in these images though.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
thread closure.

As this was cross-posted in the existing paypal thread, I'll close this thread. Note that cross-posting is against flyertalk rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.