Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Curve card is a "debit" card or "spend" card that you can use at stores and where you can use debit card for purchases. It is not funded by the bank with cash deposit, but funded by a collection of other debit cards and credit cards. You can't withdraw cash from ATM since it is not backed by the bank.

It carries MasterCard logo and can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted.

Curve Card is offered in the United Kingdom and selected European countries. Not currently available in the US.
Print Wikipost

curve card changes.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Looks liked Curve are back in talks with American Express

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/201...ex-acceptance/
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Can this card be used in the US? Would absolutely love to use it here for MSing.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by inY
Tested the currency conversion feature with a charge in GBP against a card in USD. Rate was USD 1.3043 = 1 GBP. Live rate at xe.com is 1.29730. So a 0.54% markup. This during a weekday when they claim there is no fee. I have not hit a currency conversion limit either. Still better than Mastercard's 1.310806. But not a live interbank rate as advertised.
FYI - they charge a weekend loading of 0.5% for supported currencies, or 1.5% for non supported currencies. Non-supported currencies are converted at/via the MasterCard rate.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:24 am
inY

Originally Posted by the_real_a
FYI - they charge a weekend loading of 0.5% for supported currencies, or 1.5% for non supported currencies. Non-supported currencies are converted at/via the MasterCard rate.
FYI - GBP and USD are supported currencies and my post said it was during a weekday.

A few other transactions I've done since have been quite close to actual rate though.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: OW Saphire, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by inY
FYI - GBP and USD are supported currencies and my post said it was during a weekday.

A few other transactions I've done since have been quite close to actual rate though.
Oh stop being so petulant. Your post said there was "no fee" at weekends when curve are very clear there IS a fee, and set out in the fee table when and how it applies.

Curve charges the FX exchange at https://currencylayer.com which is the "Live" buy and sell across major banks and is more indicative of interbank because its the price you actually trade at. XE data (that is free) is blended/averaged and delayed. Having said that for most purposes we are talking fractions.

Last edited by the_real_a; Oct 16, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:30 pm
inY

Now works with Amex again! With a prepaid account on the side. At a cost of 0.65% or a subscription. Notably https://www.curve.app/en/terms now has a default limits table, with no maximum limits table. And "Your limits will be upgraded automatically the more you use your Curve Card and providing your account passes Curve risk checks."

"
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Has anyone been able to use their Curve linked to Amex to topup Revolut?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:48 pm

Something's happening, HFP has said the following:

(UPDATE 10pm Tue: applications for Curve Metal and Amex top-ups are currently not available. More to follow on Wednesday morning.)
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
AMEX have cancelled their agreement with Curve.

We are extremely sorry that the top-up functionality of your Amex wallet is currently disabled.

Like thousands of other UK merchants, Curve has a valid merchant agreement to accept Amex payments into its e-wallet. However, on Tuesday evening, Amex decided to terminate this agreement and block all Amex transactions to Curve with immediate effect.

Amex has given no good or fair reason for their decision and we believe it is entirely disproportionate and discriminatory to Curve and all our (joint) customers. UK payment regulations clearly state that Curve should be allowed to access the Amex payment network on a level-playing field with every other fee-paying and legitimate merchant.

Rest assured that you can still spend the funds that you have already topped up to your existing Amex Wallets. If you have contacted us for support, we apologise for the delay in response and will endeavour to do so as soon as possible. We will update you as soon as we have any further information.

With your interests in mind, and our mission to deliver a truly innovative product, we intend to fight Amex's decision with our full might. We believe financial freedom is the future and we are prepared to fight for yours.Team Curve
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Statement from Amex on HeadForPoints :-

American Express participated in a limited Curve beta test where we enabled a small number of Card Members to load funds onto an e-wallet using their Amex Card in the Curve app. Following this beta test we informed Curve that we would not participate in the further roll out of the Curve e-wallet.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:42 am
Suspended

I understand Amex, using curve we Could just create free points,
I did it year before but With MNBA American Airlines card, and just was paying statement balance with curve linked to mbna card, You could easily generate 50k free Amex points
I don't think Curve will win with Amex...they are to powerfull
Now I will link my curve with new Lufthansa card....
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Club: Gold HHons:Diamond FB:Ivory Accor:Plat Hertz: PC USA:GlobalEntry
Still not sorted with Amex I see.

When the functionality was released to all on 29th Jan I managed to top-up my Curve card with £100 (plus 65p fee) from a Starwoods Amex .
7 working days later the debit is still not showing on my Amex online running statement, nor is it showing in pending transactions.

Been spending on the Amex funded Curve with no problems since then.
Wish I topped up with £10k now.
Lewis42 likes this.

Last edited by AleTrail; Feb 7, 2019 at 3:29 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:04 pm
inY

Charges posted on Amex.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Does anyone know if getting money from the ATM with a Curve linked to a Creation credit card (Marriott or IHG) leads to a cash advance charge? headforpoints reported in October that it was treated as a purchase but are there any recent data points? (Maybe we should create a wiki to collect information on the different credit cards.)
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by tbm13
Does anyone know if getting money from the ATM with a Curve linked to a Creation credit card (Marriott or IHG) leads to a cash advance charge? headforpoints reported in October that it was treated as a purchase but are there any recent data points? (Maybe we should create a wiki to collect information on the different credit cards.)
IHG is still fine.
tbm13 and Lewis42 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.