Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Curve card is a "debit" card or "spend" card that you can use at stores and where you can use debit card for purchases. It is not funded by the bank with cash deposit, but funded by a collection of other debit cards and credit cards. You can't withdraw cash from ATM since it is not backed by the bank.

It carries MasterCard logo and can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted.

Curve Card is offered in the United Kingdom and selected European countries. Not currently available in the US.
Print Wikipost

curve card changes.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by rjn21
From curve:

Progress. Online and cardholder not present transactions will still decline and charge. ATM worked today and physical retailer transactions have gone trough over £200.
I didn't get the email and have been relying on twitter for updates. I gave up using it for online after my 5 declines but still posted on my Amex. I didn't have an issue with a single transaction over £200 but it did fail on subsequent transactions. I paid a £225 hotel bill this morning so will now try and use it again to see if it works.

I am not sure how they made it this far with online transactions not working.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:14 am

Over £200 spend today in multiple transactions, so at least that seems to be fixed.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, hh Diamond, IHG spire Ambassador
Got my card yesterday, first purchase no problem at a tesco express fir a couple of coffees.
Have a large bill to pay where they don't take Amex, so going in to pay it this morning, not sure it will be approved
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
From curve:

CNP transaction declines bug fixed
Great news - we're really pleased to let you know our partner has now fixed the bug that was causing declines on CNP (Card Not Present) transactions - when you use Curve online or over the phone.

You are now able to use Curve for online and over-the-phone payments.

We’re so sorry for the inconvenience caused over the last few days with this issue - thank you again for your patience and understanding as we worked with our partner on fixing it.
Good. As I was disputing the next batch of declined but still charged transactions today with Amex, the agent seemed to have a lot of knowledge re the curve card, asked me how I was finding it, were there any other problems etc. So maybe Amex have had an internal briefing re declined but still charged transactions.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: BA GGL
How long did it take from ordering for your card to arrive?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:25 am

9 and a bit weeks for me - 18 Feb order, 25 April delivery. However they weren't shipping until April so you may be quicker than that now.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Curve FX transaction feature is not active

The new fx proposal introduced by curve is not active - feature is not fully implemented.

Currently they allow the Base currency of funding card to be changed but the transactions still process in GBP with the fx fees of curve + 2£ Foreign ATM fee(if applicable)

Hopefully they will send a mailer regarding this soon.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:34 am

First of my refunds hit my card today. The remaining 4 are showing as refunded on Curve, so would expect them back on my Amex in the next couple of days.

2 online transactions both worked yesterday which is good.

The FX one above is interest - would love to be able to use my Lloyds Amex (0% FX) everywhere abroad but charged in local currency.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:05 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
I got my card at the start of April. I've now decided its a lot of effort. E-mailed Curve and got a full refund.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by southsidesilver
I got my card at the start of April. I've now decided its a lot of effort. E-mailed Curve and got a full refund.
I find it great, and will only get better. Purchased foreign currency last night, treated as a purchase so Avios as well.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 10:46 am

Hopefully the above issues gets ironed out once I get my card. Otherwise it's PITA and time wasting disputing charges.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, hh Diamond, IHG spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by parklife
I find it great, and will only get better. Purchased foreign currency last night, treated as a purchase so Avios as well.
I got mine Wednesday, couple of refused payments which I didn't get charged for, insufficient funds. £1k spent over the last 3 days.
Old May 3, 2016, 1:41 am

3 pre-authorisations, where a curve card was used, have matured into full charges on my Amex, even where a proper final charge has been correctly and additionally charged. 2 are very small, 1 less so. More disputing with Amex ahead today for me.

At some point perhaps Amex will become disinterested in dealing with the quantity of errors the curve card generates.

As long as you reconcile every transaction from the app with receipts, you can keep an eye on what's going on, and dispute as needed. I suspect it's a technology fail with some pre-auths being treated as purchases, but a faff to deal with.
Old May 3, 2016, 2:54 am

Received my Curve Card last week. Worked fine on a couple of small purchases in shops. The tried to make an online payment on Friday which failed, I was given the following reason: “This card is not enrolled with 3D Secure”

Then earlier today I tried to make a payment over the phone for a purchase of £1200 which failed.

Then tried to use it for another payment over the phone which went through but I was told it was classed as a Credit Card and therefore there was 2% added to the bill... I was under the impression that the Curve Card was meant to be classed as a Debit Card? It's no use if I'm going to be charged 2% extra for using it!
Old May 3, 2016, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by rjn21
At some point perhaps Amex will become disinterested in dealing with the quantity of errors the curve card generates.
I am hoping this doesn't happen, otherwise the card will be no use to me. I have found their customer support to be good and have resolved any charges which incorrectly hit my Amex card, without me having to go to Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.