Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stolen Gift cards in mail room

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2016, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
I disagree with this. What do you think constitute "deliver the product?" Giving product to do the recipient and check their IDs? I'd argue that the merchant has delivered the product and that disputing the charge on the credit card is a wrong move.
The OP should dispute the Macy's transactions on the Amex gift card. However, it's up to the OP to prove that his gift cards were stolen and used at Macy's. Getting the police involved would be the first step.
Yes, in fact, delivering to a verified recipient, with an ID check, is the definition of delivered.

If a merchant doesn't want to pay for that level of delivery service, they accept the possibility that a package (perhaps very valuable package) won't make it to the recipient.

Many merchants require direct signature delivery for valuable packages, to protect themselves precisely in these types of situations. If Amex thought that a signature release was appropriate, they should have required one.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by missing_link
Yes, in fact, delivering to a verified recipient, with an ID check, is the definition of delivered.

If a merchant doesn't want to pay for that level of delivery service, they accept the possibility that a package (perhaps very valuable package) won't make it to the recipient.

Many merchants require direct signature delivery for valuable packages, to protect themselves precisely in these types of situations. If Amex thought that a signature release was appropriate, they should have required one.
Was there an option offered to ship / deliver in a more secure way? If so, and the purchaser declined to choose that option, then I think the onus was on him, not on the seller.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Was there an option offered to ship / deliver in a more secure way? If so, and the purchaser declined to choose that option, then I think the onus was on him, not on the seller.

There were no options given to me. I expected that a signature would have been required. Certainly expected the UPS driver to be competent enough to not leave it in an open mail room. They deliver enough of these packages to know the sender's address and have a clue as to what is inside.

I'm not going to say this is an inside job by UPS but i'm also not shocked if that package never even made it to the mailroom
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:28 am
Original Poster

i will be making a follow up call to both AMEX's today. not shocked at all that i haven't heard anything from either of them on their investigations.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by bc1549
There were no options given to me. I expected that a signature would have been required. Certainly expected the UPS driver to be competent enough to not leave it in an open mail room. They deliver enough of these packages to know the sender's address and have a clue as to what is inside.

I'm not going to say this is an inside job by UPS but i'm also not shocked if that package never even made it to the mailroom
I agree with you, the envelope with your GCs could have never made it to the mail room. I've been dating an UPS guy and he has told me there's a lot of theft happening at UPS.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Zgirl
I agree with you, the envelope with your GCs could have never made it to the mail room. I've been dating an UPS guy and he has told me there's a lot of theft happening at UPS.
This guy?

Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
This guy?

. How did you get his pic? Lol
Old Apr 26, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: Northwest, United
LOL
Old Apr 27, 2016, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Any update?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:43 am
Original Poster

still holding my breath but after typing up a one page doc of my case and attaching it as 'evidence' AMEX issued the credit of 2800 to my account. I'm not asking much questions right now or prying.

Again, i still don't feel 100% confident but so far it's a good sign.
Old May 7, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by missing_link

agree...

1) If the cards were not drained Amex should reissue or refund.

2) For fraud The merchants insurance must cover it

3) Was shipping included (free shipping?) in the price of the product?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.