Wiki Posts
Search

MO Purchase with a CC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonor PM; Hyatt Dia;Marriott PP; Delta PM
Originally Posted by odin99
what does the transaction post as? A simple grocery store purchase?

now get one of those 5x grocery store cards...
It posts as a simple grocery store purchase. I am not going to say where I am located, but like I said in a previous post they are a small-er grocery store. They are actually an independent grocery store with ~10 locations all located within a 30 mile radius. They are not associated with any larger group like Kroger or Albertsons.

Like another poster said probably it is probably not very scaleable due to the limited number of store, but I will enjoy it while I can. I dont do very much MS so I am not too concerned.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Joshy119
Op,

Where do you live, what stores are you going to

(Hey, someone had to have the balls to ask the guy)
check OP's other posts dude. from what I've read there's posts alluding/leading to SLC/DCA areas. It is understandable for OP not to reveal the unicorn's exact location but it is up to others who are within the area to do their own hunting. In this game, one should be able to navigate based on small leads. If OP wanted to really keep it secret, he/she wouldn't even talk about it for other hunters.

OP, enjoy it while it lasts and I've seen a lot of stores marked closed on the map but if it's the really small stores, check with am3x if it falls under grocery stores that'll earn 5% RD and you're sure to make some dough. Unicorns like this don't last long so make the most out of it before others find it.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:24 am

didn't know DCA was anywhere near SLC :P

Har har har

Originally Posted by mamibear
check op's other posts dude. From what i've read there's posts alluding/leading to slc/dca areas. It is understandable for op not to reveal the unicorn's exact location but it is up to others who are within the area to do their own hunting. In this game, one should be able to navigate based on small leads. If op wanted to really keep it secret, he/she wouldn't even talk about it for other hunters.

Op, enjoy it while it lasts and i've seen a lot of stores marked closed on the map but if it's the really small stores, check with am3x if it falls under grocery stores that'll earn 5% rd and you're sure to make some dough. Unicorns like this don't last long so make the most out of it before others find it.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
check OP's other posts dude. from what I've read there's posts alluding/leading to SLC/DCA areas.
Is it Harmons???
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonor PM; Hyatt Dia;Marriott PP; Delta PM
Originally Posted by abcpp
Is it Harmons???
I was in the SLC market several years ago. However, I am no longer living in SLC. Not Harmons, not in the SLC market. Sorry I am not going to give it up, because I dont want to burn it.

Last edited by aclar08; Mar 24, 2016 at 12:29 pm
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:57 pm

if you're in dfw i'll trade you my golden unicorn.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by aclar08
I was in the SLC market several years ago. However, I am no longer living in SLC. Not Harmons, not in the SLC market. Sorry I am not going to give it up, because I dont want to burn it.
Well then why did you even POST about it? This is how loopholes die.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage
Well then why did you even POST about it? This is how loopholes die.
Exactly. If you didn't want it to die you should never have posted anything in the first place. It just encourages others to look and potentially kill it for you. What was the point? Epeens? E-slaps on the back good job you found something? Nothing you could gain from here is worth the potential backlash you have caused yourself by revealing such a place even exists.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:11 pm

This is my advice, do not tell anyone, do not tell anyone and do not tell anyone, works that place out, do your stuff until die, you searched for it and you founded it so enjoy it, good luck ^^
Old Mar 24, 2016, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
Exactly. If you didn't want it to die you should never have posted anything in the first place. It just encourages others to look and potentially kill it for you. What was the point? Epeens? E-slaps on the back good job you found something? Nothing you could gain from here is worth the potential backlash you have caused yourself by revealing such a place even exists.
Agreed. Even the most opaque datapoint on a forum like this has the potential to burn the source. The best sources for MSing do not get posted here for a reason.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll go even further -- poster should not even tell him/herself. If no one at all knows about it, it might last forever. Now, where's my "Men in Black" neuralyzer?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:32 pm

Nothing to see here, guys! Back to usual!!!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Unless it's a small grocery store, not a like Ralphs, Albertsons, Vons, I can believe it kind of. But if it's a chain I know OP is lying.
Not necessarily. I know of a large chain where it is technically allowed. They ask if you're using debit or credit, but credit will still go through and post as a purchase if you get the right CSR.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 6:11 pm

Coincidentally I also found a location recently that openly sold WU MO and allowed credit card. It was a smoke shop of all things. The downside? 11 dollars per money order purchased with cc, 250 dollar limit per MO, 1 money order per day. Manager there is the only one who can sell so I'd have to be there when he's there and he enforces all these requirements.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:48 pm

The moderators here know your IP address. It would not be hard to determine your approximate location. You will have teams of out of towners doing multiple thousands per day at your stores. Say good bye to your unicorn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.