Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Posts for 2018 on this topic are here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1885680-mgc-sam-s-club-2018-a.html

Always test one gc before buying too many that you cannot liquidate.

As of 6/2017:

HB Vanilla mc & visa issued by Bancorp - liquidate at PO or some grocery stores, not WM. The Bancorp gcs are easier to liquidate.

Vanilla mc issued by MetaBank - might be able to liquidate at Kmart BP, Paypal, not WM or PO.
Print Wikipost

MGC at Sam's Club(2016-2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by oopl
Okay, have not found any strategies to unload these.
MO at Kroger/Publix.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA,AA, WN
Any other Grocery stores

Originally Posted by anubond005
MO at Kroger/Publix.
We do not have Kroger/Publix on the west coast, are they affiliated with any other grocery stories.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by mrlasssen
We do not have Kroger/Publix on the west coast, are they affiliated with any other grocery stories.
Sry I hav no knowledge of west coast. Try finding a local grocery store.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 11:54 pm

A few weeks ago a CSR told me I could buy GC's with a CC, so I signed up for the Plus membership. When I tried to buy a MCGC the cashier and a manager said cash only for variables.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:09 am

Went to pick up my membership card and tried to buy 1 $500 Vanilla. First they've got confused asked each other then someone came to help then after scanning my DL they've started to ask all kind of question I've giggled when they wanted my SSN and refused to give them nicely it made them very angry lol. Then they've sent me to the membership desk where they've said cash only for GCs.. All in all i've stayed in line 5 times. I don't know what wrong buttons they've hit but I have a suspicion that they were trying to apply me for their CC?! Is there any recent positive experience in terms of GC? Also AFAIK The membership had to come with $25 gift card, chicken and apple pie they won't even tell me how to get these so I left empty handed. God bless Costco!
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by avagyan
I've giggled when they wanted my SSN and refused to give them nicely it made them very angry lol. ... All in all i've stayed in line 5 times.
You showed them !
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: All of them
So what's the consensus, do they take CC for any of the $500 GCs? I don't normally shop there and have no desire to, but could get a membership if they allow this consistently.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
So what's the consensus, do they take CC for any of the $500 GCs? I don't normally shop there and have no desire to, but could get a membership if they allow this consistently.
I have a membership and tried at my Sam's and the cashier said DC and cash only but at the service desk they took my CC as payment. I guess it's part of YMMV.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I have a membership and tried at my Sam's and the cashier said DC and cash only but at the service desk they took my CC as payment. I guess it's part of YMMV.
Thanks. Is membership needed or they sell it either way? I suppose I can swing by and try it out.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:46 pm

Membership required, they accept CC, only 1 per transaction, must be done at service desk.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by exarkun
Membership required, they accept CC, only 1 per transaction, must be done at service desk.
Thanks! If I can get a discounted membership I'll join just for that.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:45 am

Next time I'm in with family/friends, I'll try to do a little research and see what I can discover.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
i bought a $500 card today with my CC

SO.CAL

saw above that it has to be done at svc desk. not in my case, girl at register did it first try.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by broncophil
i bought a $500 card today with my CC

SO.CAL

saw above that it has to be done at svc desk. not in my case, girl at register did it first try.
Good info. I did find the cards at my local SC, but don't feel like paying $45 for membership just to buy those. Anyone know of any promos to get it for $10-20?
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I have an offer from AmEx for a shopping day at Sam's in June or July. I am not a Sam's member.

I am curious if anyone using that AmEx certificate has tried buying a $500 GC at Sam's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.