Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart Money Kiosks (2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by compddd
Kate is going to be lonely after today. Was fun while it lasted ol girl.
Or most of them will start working!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold
My wife's account was shut down, but mine hasn't been.....yet. I'm sure it will be down soon.

I've got one last set of GCs to load. Will Kate take 'em while my card is still active?

Or, has Kate been shut down for Bluebird entirely?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
No, Kate has not been shut down for BB. I just loaded $1200 on my mom's BB today.

I thought about letting people know about working Kates but then since I still have a working BB in my possession (as well as a Redbird still unconverted to Serve/BB), I will keep my mouth shut for now. Sorry.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:39 am

Load to BB failed at Kate and CS, was able to load at Kate on Friday. Something changed regarding loading Meta VGC to BB. Kate itself is working but fail after swapping VGC. Transaction in VGC shows up and reversal of transaction.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:38 pm

I was able to load $2.5K to BB today via registers using PPower GCs w/o issues. BB lives on!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:55 am

Two previously-DOA Kates were both working last night. First transaction was a bit slow on one, but the next 3 were smooth sailing. I think one was out of commission so long, it even still the MO option button, although I didn't try it.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I was able to load $2.5K to BB today via registers using PPower GCs w/o issues. BB lives on!
I tried to load two of my 4 BB's this morning at Kate and at CS.....NO GO! If I were you, I would go out with guns a blazing. The great Blue Shark is on the prowl once again!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by slack455
It's in a constant state of flux, down more often than up. Up this afternoon until the twatty overzealous front line manager accosted me 3 loads in said "Oh no you can't load more than one time, that structuring!" I replied "No it's no with a smirk and walked away as she shut the poor old girl down.
Ahhh, when I went it was down Oh well, next time I'll try again!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:40 am

Hi,
Is it possible to load WM MonedyCard with debit card (issued by bank with my name or gift card with PIN) on MoneyCenter Express ATM?
Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by slack455
Up this afternoon until the twatty overzealous front line manager accosted me 3 loads in said "Oh no, goodness gracious. you can't load more than one time, that be structuring!"
"twatty" good, or "twatty" bad ?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Not too sure why I haven't been closed down by Amex, but I'm grateful for that. So yesterday I went to load some VGC onto a BB card and I got the following message:

I thought that was odd, so I I just switched VGC, and loaded what was left on it what was $100. No problems.. So I tried again to load the VGC that came be the denial message, instead of loading $500, I just loaded $250, and it went through.. So I repeated it, and loaded the other $250. Never have I gotten that message before.. This is JUST a FYI
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Not too sure why I haven't been closed down by Amex, but I'm grateful for that. So yesterday I went to load some VGC onto a BB card and I got the following message:

I thought that was odd, so I I just switched VGC, and loaded what was left on it what was $100. No problems.. So I tried again to load the VGC that came be the denial message, instead of loading $500, I just loaded $250, and it went through.. So I repeated it, and loaded the other $250. Never have I gotten that message before.. This is JUST a FYI
I had the same problem yesterday when I attempted to load a Serve card at Kate with a $500 VGC. I went to DG and it went through.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:59 pm

One of my two local KATE's was actually working today! Loaded 2x $1999.99 with no issues.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Clueless12
I had the same problem yesterday when I attempted to load a Serve card at Kate with a $500 VGC. I went to DG and it went through.
Mine loaded but I just did it in two smaller amount and had no problems.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:28 am

I tried to load $500 to VIP at Kate last night. I got the dreaded message to use another form of payment. I cancelled trxn and remembered I may have lesser funds on the CUdc so I tried $475 and it went through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.