Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart Money Kiosks (2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
Originally Posted by coolmike007
Which location did you find this KATE? Most of them are being replaced by ATM
The one on Story Rd is always broken. If anyone knows of a working one, I appreciate a PM. I'm a very low hitter (usually just for minimum spends). ^
Old Apr 21, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: Ugly breakups with Barclays/Citi/Chase/USB
4 near me have been replaced with ATMs
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by calwatch
The last two days I went to local WMs with known good Kates I've swiped the card, tried to load $300, and it just goes "information needed" and times out. It may just be a temporary glitch in the system, but wondering if anyone else experienced this.
Yes! I have had this experience since the middle of March with my card at 3 different area WMs I've tried. I have not received any notice from Amex that my account was being closed.

At first I thought it was my physical card because I tried to load $20 cash at the Money Center, and the first time swiping my card it wasn't read -- the cashier had to swipe it on her side and it eventually worked. So I called Amex and got a replacement card, but that one won't work for me either at the MCE.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Originally Posted by chalucky
1) My Kate got taken away to some ATM retirement home in the sky; no goodbyes...it just disappeared today. New ATM gave me a dirty look.

2)Walmart Customer Service wants nothing to do with GC's for MO's;
at least most of them are asking too many questions.

2) Cashiers asking to see Debit card for loading Serve ...What? Are you kidding me? Why can't you be the distracted dead-enders I always loved seeing previously?

There is a dark force brewing here and MS is going bye-bye.
Yes, I see the trend:

1. Kates removed and replaced by regular ATM machines here in Southeastern PA.

2. Some WM CS agents asking to see my debit card when doing loads / MOs.

3. Some WM CS agents telling me "no more split tender on MO purchase when using a gift card" (BUT none telling me NO GC debit allowed, YET!)

Solution: Find other places to buy MOs with debit, like certain convenience stores and supermarkets. I have found 3 places besides Wallymart that will allow debit to buy MO, and 2 of the 3 will allow split tender with no issues ... and they are less busy than WM, and worth the extra fee due to speed!

Keep the volume LOW on the MOs, under $1000/visit, and spread it out amongst MO sellers, and we will be fine.

The clowns getting $5K - 10 K in MOs at once will kill the game for all of us.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by fletchbo
1. Kates removed and replaced by regular ATM machines here in Southeastern PA.
Which zipcode is Southeastern PA? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by fletchbo
...The clowns getting $5K - 10 K in MOs at once will kill the game for all of us.
Too late. I hate to break it to you, but look around. This game is all but over. It was killed by too much attention, bloggers, people who couldn't show any restraint or common sense. The remaining few options are getting more constrained every day and won't last much longer. As each option/location disappears, an ever-increasing mob of desperate people are crowding the remaining few options, as things concentrate there, those options get shut down too. The trend is accelerating. Yeah, there are a few ways to keep playing, but those get harder and harder, then disappear. The last remaining options take lots of hoop jumping, involve hassles, and are increasingly fragile. The easy times are over, folks.
Old May 4, 2016, 9:39 am

Urgh, two of KATEs near my location just got replaced by ATMs. Its over guys
Old May 5, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Too late. I hate to break it to you, but look around. This game is all but over. It was killed by too much attention, bloggers, people who couldn't show any restraint or common sense. The remaining few options are getting more constrained every day and won't last much longer. As each option/location disappears, an ever-increasing mob of desperate people are crowding the remaining few options, as things concentrate there, those options get shut down too. The trend is accelerating. Yeah, there are a few ways to keep playing, but those get harder and harder, then disappear. The last remaining options take lots of hoop jumping, involve hassles, and are increasingly fragile. The easy times are over, folks.
The way you can blame the bloggers, they educated the ones who had no restraint or common sense.

BTW, how did you learn about this game?
Old May 5, 2016, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by horse9118
Urgh, two of KATEs near my location just got replaced by ATMs. Its over guys
Not over so what you have to go to a cashier and load, as long as BB and Serve are around you will be able to load them. Infact it is faster to load them via the cashier then using kate.
Old May 6, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: SPG-Hyatt-IHG-UA-AA-MR-UR
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
There will always be incorrigible idiots who will ruin it for everyone, with or without bloggers. It's a fact of life.
Old May 8, 2016, 3:25 am

Anyone in Austin notice the WM at Louis Henna got a newly working KATE right after the mass shutdown, left it out of service for the past month and then replaced it with an ATM? The MO machine has been down the last two times I visited as well. What is up with that location?? The KATE at Ben White wasn't working yesterday and the one at Mopac/290 has been replaced with an ATM. Didn't even bother checking out Slaughter Ln. The last time I made MOs at LH, the older, Hispanic lady cashier asked me if I was using gift cards to earn miles because some other "guy" customer told her. Caught me off guard....

Last edited by diseased; May 8, 2016 at 3:30 am
Old May 8, 2016, 7:15 am

Don't care about Kates anymore since my BB are dead but in Jacksonville all Kates been replaced with ATM's - Almost all block giftcards but none ask what card you are using or your ID but many are YMMV to use. Luckily I have so many grocery stores I can kill 10k in a day
Old May 9, 2016, 8:52 am

Programs: SPG-Hyatt-IHG-UA-AA-MR-UR
Anyone here able to successfully reload with MC GCs issued by U.S. Bank at the register? All of the registers I've encountered don't allow the "Change Payment Type" trick to work.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:55 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Today I went to the Wally Middle of nowhere Mid West I usually go to, to load the last $500 of the month to my Serve. To my surprise, Kate was gone !!!
A brand new ATM was in her spot, and considering I loaded yesterday and the day before in that Kate, I can now say it is officially a sad day for me.
Well, my favorite CS was working, so I joked with him about the new ATM being out of service and he helped me load the last Simon VGC of the month to my Serve.

It was good while it lasted good ol Kate ... have a nice life
Old May 23, 2016, 7:24 pm

Oh man.

If anybody has a horn, play taps for my extraordinarily long, Long, LONG reliable KATE. Walked in today and she was gone. Replaced by a brand new glossy black wickedly evil looking ATM.

It's gettin' hard out there for a pimp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.