Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2016-17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread has posts from 2016 onward; prior posts can be found here.
The thread for 2018 is here.
***If you buy gift cards outside promotions, you will earn ZERO points.***

Giant MD and Stop & Shop's points now stack with Shell's Fuel Rewards. See more here.
If you link a Mastercard to Fuel Rewards, you will earn an additional $0.15/gal for every $100 spent on anything at Giant/S&S with that card through the end of the year.

Accepted tender: Cash, credit, and debit. Also available are mobile/contactless payment (Apple Pay, etc.) and mobile loyalty (card barcode via app).

Summary
Stop & Shop (S&S), Giant Food Stores (Giant PA), and Giant Food (Giant MD) offer points for purchases which can be redeemed for a discount on the price paid per gallon on fuel sales at Shell and S&S/Giant fuel stations. $100* spend = 100 pts = 10c/gal discount. The particular rules vary between the three brands, and within Giant PA, the rules vary by location. Refer to the bottom of this wiki post for more information or links to official info from each brand.

Feel free to update this Wiki or suggest improvements. The goal is to help all of us spend less on gas!

- - - - - - - - - -
Current promotions
Fuel Rewards:
- $0.15/gal for every $100 spent at qualifying supermarkets with a Mastercard through the end of the year
Weekly Ad (advert starting 2017-__-__):
- Stop & Shop:
- Giant MD:
- Giant PA:
- Martin's:
- - - - - - - - - -
Additional Information

• A loyalty card is required to take advantage of gas rewards. They look like the above image and can be obtained either online (links at end of wiki) or in-person (at the customer service counter).

• The cards currently on promotion are listed in the current weekly circular and usually change every week. VISA and MC from Metabank or US Bank for $20-$500 (plus $5.95 fee) work. For GCs, if it meets the previous requirements, the packaging (blue, silver, birthday cake, etc.) doesn't matter! Check the issuing bank on the back.

• S&S and Giant (DC, DE, MD, and VA) allow you to redeem up to 1500 points ($1.50/gal) per fuel purchase, and points expire 30 days after the qualifying purchase. With Giant PA, there is no limit to the number of points redeemed at one time.

• Points earned in one program cannot be used in another program.

• Your ID may be required when buying gift cards. Your name and other info may also be recorded for purchases over a discretionary dollar value. Whether you're buying a $100 card or a $5k stack, your experience will vary.

• You can view your account online using the link at the bottom of the wiki.

• It's best to purchase gift cards at the customer service counter, but reports state that a single $500 gift card can be paid for at any register without an issue. Purchases over $1k will require manager authorisation with a physical key, which may slow down the queue. You can go to the Solution Center to save time and make things easier for everyone.

• Giant Eagle and Giant Food are different chains with different ownership, and this thread is not relevant to the former.

• If you have more points in your account than are redeemed for a fuel purchase, then the remaining points will stay in your account until their respective expiration date(s). For example, if you have 2500 points and debit the 1500 ($1.50/gal) maximum, you will have 1000 points left. Similar behaviour if gas is ever below $1.50/gal before discount.

• If you don't receive eligible points with your purchase due to system or human error, you can have them retroactively added by customer service (in-store or by phone). Have your receipt and a copy of the advert. It can take up to 24 hours for keyed points to appear in your account.
Official Rewards Pages
Stop & Shop Giant MD Giant PA
Weekly Circulars
Stop & Shop Giant MD Giant PA
Print Wikipost

Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2016-17)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
Originally Posted by Car Jack
Don't know. I only ever get a single $500 VGC at a time. Keeps things simple and the credit card companies off my back.
Gotcha, I'll have to experiment one of these days when I'm bored FWIW, I usually do 2 x $500 in a single transaction at the customer service counters, no issues with CCs so far
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Bigzamboni
Eventually it probably will. Also no need to check more than one store. Promo will be the same at all of them.
didn't know that. thanks!. i was checking across states too. was curious lol
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:58 pm

Hi, Anyone know wheres the nearest Shell station after entering NJ from the Delaware bridge that accepts stop and shop gas points?

Am in Virginia and today tried using my S&S card at a shell station in McLean, VA which shows on searching the S&S website as the only station in the DC area that is to accept S&S gas points and after going there it did not work (Giant points only)
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by njdealguy
Hi, Anyone know wheres the nearest Shell station after entering NJ from the Delaware bridge that accepts stop and shop gas points?

Am in Virginia and today tried using my S&S card at a shell station in McLean, VA which shows on searching the S&S website as the only station in the DC area that is to accept S&S gas points and after going there it did not work (Giant points only)
Nothing until you get up near Trenton, as per the app and locations of S&S stores.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:07 pm

Somewhat related, anyone know if this coupon can be used multiple times? $8 off groceries w/ $50 iTunes card purchase.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bigzamboni
Nothing until you get up near Trenton, as per the app and locations of S&S stores.
Not sure why S&S website search has 1 Shell station in McLean, VA and 1 in Baltimore show up when in fact the S&S card will not work in those. Misleading and wish I could've saved 20 bucks or so in fuel cost driving back from VA during weekend
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:07 pm

Stop&Shop: Buy $100 in select third-party merchant gift card and get a $15 shopping voucher
Giant/Martin’s: Get 5x fuel points on select third-party merchant gift card

Offer valid 8/11/17 – 8/24/17 (two weeks)
The $15 voucher will expire 8/31/17

The following gift cards are eligible for this promotion: Best Buy, Staples, Nike, Kohl’s, Toys R Us, Chipotle, Sephora, Gap, XBOX, Lord & Taylor, Children’s Place, Foot Locker, Bass Pro.

Anyone have an angle on liquidating these cards besides reselling? Best Buy?staples? Kohls? Toysrus?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Somewhat related, anyone know if this coupon can be used multiple times? $8 off groceries w/ $50 iTunes card purchase.
Just curious, what would you do with that much in iTunes cards?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by guywhocan
Stop&Shop: Buy $100 in select third-party merchant gift card and get a $15 shopping voucher
Giant/Martin’s: Get 5x fuel points on select third-party merchant gift card

Offer valid 8/11/17 – 8/24/17 (two weeks)
The $15 voucher will expire 8/31/17

The following gift cards are eligible for this promotion: Best Buy, Staples, Nike, Kohl’s, Toys R Us, Chipotle, Sephora, Gap, XBOX, Lord & Taylor, Children’s Place, Foot Locker, Bass Pro.

Anyone have an angle on liquidating these cards besides reselling? Best Buy?staples? Kohls? Toysrus?

Anyone know if it's repeatable?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
Just curious, what would you do with that much in iTunes cards?
Reselling! I do a lot of reselling of GCs to diversify my MS methods. Sometimes even make a profit. 84% isn't a terrible price for iTunes - I'll at least break even and then get to profit the points.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by financialhippie
Reselling! I do a lot of reselling of GCs to diversify my MS methods. Sometimes even make a profit. 84% isn't a terrible price for iTunes - I'll at least break even and then get to profit the points.
Oh, nice. I was wondering what could cost that much on iTunes...
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
Oh, nice. I was wondering what could cost that much on iTunes...
I mean, you could always try to pay your taxes...
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA, Southwest
Hoping for a VGC Or MGC promo soon all points are about to expire end of next week.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by slicktraveler
Hoping for a VGC Or MGC promo soon all points are about to expire end of next week.
Dominos starting Friday so have to continue to wait.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by slicktraveler
did I miss something and they ran it for 2 weeks in a row? The last day to use up the pts was this past Sat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.