Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2016-17)

Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread has posts from 2016 onward; prior posts can be found here.
The thread for 2018 is here.
***If you buy gift cards outside promotions, you will earn ZERO points.***

Giant MD and Stop & Shop's points now stack with Shell's Fuel Rewards. See more here.
If you link a Mastercard to Fuel Rewards, you will earn an additional $0.15/gal for every $100 spent on anything at Giant/S&S with that card through the end of the year.

Accepted tender: Cash, credit, and debit. Also available are mobile/contactless payment (Apple Pay, etc.) and mobile loyalty (card barcode via app).

Summary
Stop & Shop (S&S), Giant Food Stores (Giant PA), and Giant Food (Giant MD) offer points for purchases which can be redeemed for a discount on the price paid per gallon on fuel sales at Shell and S&S/Giant fuel stations. $100* spend = 100 pts = 10c/gal discount. The particular rules vary between the three brands, and within Giant PA, the rules vary by location. Refer to the bottom of this wiki post for more information or links to official info from each brand.

Feel free to update this Wiki or suggest improvements. The goal is to help all of us spend less on gas!

- - - - - - - - - -
Current promotions
Fuel Rewards:
- $0.15/gal for every $100 spent at qualifying supermarkets with a Mastercard through the end of the year
Weekly Ad (advert starting 2017-__-__):
- Stop & Shop:
- Giant MD:
- Giant PA:
- Martin's:
- - - - - - - - - -
Additional Information

A loyalty card is required to take advantage of gas rewards. They look like the above image and can be obtained either online (links at end of wiki) or in-person (at the customer service counter).

The cards currently on promotion are listed in the current weekly circular and usually change every week. VISA and MC from Metabank or US Bank for $20-$500 (plus $5.95 fee) work. For GCs, if it meets the previous requirements, the packaging (blue, silver, birthday cake, etc.) doesn't matter! Check the issuing bank on the back.

S&S and Giant (DC, DE, MD, and VA) allow you to redeem up to 1500 points ($1.50/gal) per fuel purchase, and points expire 30 days after the qualifying purchase. With Giant PA, there is no limit to the number of points redeemed at one time.

Points earned in one program cannot be used in another program.

Your ID may be required when buying gift cards. Your name and other info may also be recorded for purchases over a discretionary dollar value. Whether you're buying a $100 card or a $5k stack, your experience will vary.

You can view your account online using the link at the bottom of the wiki.

It's best to purchase gift cards at the customer service counter, but reports state that a single $500 gift card can be paid for at any register without an issue. Purchases over $1k will require manager authorisation with a physical key, which may slow down the queue. You can go to the Solution Center to save time and make things easier for everyone.

Giant Eagle and Giant Food are different chains with different ownership, and this thread is not relevant to the former.

If you have more points in your account than are redeemed for a fuel purchase, then the remaining points will stay in your account until their respective expiration date(s). For example, if you have 2500 points and debit the 1500 ($1.50/gal) maximum, you will have 1000 points left. Similar behaviour if gas is ever below $1.50/gal before discount.

If you don't receive eligible points with your purchase due to system or human error, you can have them retroactively added by customer service (in-store or by phone). Have your receipt and a copy of the advert. It can take up to 24 hours for keyed points to appear in your account.
Official Rewards Pages
Stop & Shop Giant MD Giant PA
Weekly Circulars
Stop & Shop Giant MD Giant PA
Print Wikipost

Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2016-17)

Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:27 am

The Stop & Shop Card Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: August 8, 2016

The Stop & Shop Card Terms and Conditions (these "Terms and Conditions") set forth the terms and conditions applicable to The Stop & Shop Card Program (the "Program"). In these Terms and Conditions, "you" and "your" refer to the person who has registered for the Program. "Stop & Shop," "we," "us," and "our" refer to Stop & Shop Supermarket Company, and its affiliates.

By participating in the Program, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and keep a copy for your records. We suggest you review these Terms and Conditions periodically, as they may be updated from time to time.

Program Eligibility Qualifications
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and reside in the United States in order to register for the Program. Only retail customers of Stop & Shop may register for the Program. Use of the Program by cardholders for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
Participation in the Program requires that eligible parties register for a Card by signing up in-store or online to obtain a Stop & Shop Card.
Stop & Shop reserves the right in its sole discretion to decline eligibility and/or a Card to any party or to, in its sole discretion, terminate any partys Card and/or eligibility to participate in the Program.
As a participant in the Program, Stop & Shop may provide other offers and promotions automatically and without requiring that you go through an additional sign-up process. These offers and promotions will be complementary to the Program, subject to your ability to opt out by contacting Stop & Shop customer service.
Benefits Provided by the Program
Your registration with the Program and acceptance of a Stop & Shop Card allows you, at Stop & Shops sole discretion, to receive certain points and/or rewards ("rewards"), including but not limited to weekly card specials, fuel savings (see Fuel Savings section details), monetary support for registered schools with A+, checkout coupons; and other offers which Stop & Shop may elect to provide, with or without advance notice or identification. For more information on these offers, including applicable terms, check Stop & Shop circulars, our website, or contact us at your local store or through customer service. Purchases at participating Stop & Shop stores may be required to receive rewards or Program offers. Your Stop & Shop Card must be registered, and may be required to be presented. Rewards are issued by Stop & Shop on a periodic basis. Number, type and frequency of rewards are based upon a number of factors, decided upon by Stop & Shop in its sole discretion and subject to change by Stop & Shop without notice, including without limitation, volume and type of purchases at participating Stop & Shop stores, member card usage, and provision of up-to-date contact information (for example, a unique and valid email address or phone number). In the event of any discrepancy, Stop & Shops determination of the size of the reward shall be final. When received, rewards may be identified on your online account page, if applicable, and may also be printed on your register receipt. You are not obligated to accept or utilize any rewards. Rewards will be deemed forfeited if not used within the allotted time frame. The Program and rewards, including any related service or test program or rewards, are not retroactive and are subject to change, discontinuation, or substitution without notice.
Communications Regarding the Program
By participating in the Program, you agree to receive communications from Stop & Shop, including mail, email, and other forms of communication, as needed, regarding the Program and concerning Stop & Shop offers and promotions that may be of interest to you. If you opt out of receiving emails, this may preclude you from participating and receiving the benefits of the Program other than discounted pricing. Stop & Shop will not communicate with you regarding the Program through text message, auto-dialed calls, or pre-recorded calls without your prior express written consent. You are responsible for keeping your contact information up-to-date with Stop & Shop. Lost, stolen or expired rewards, coupons or points will not be replaced. Stop & Shop is not responsible for communications, including points, coupons, rewards or promotional offers lost due to change of address or changes in other contact information.
Linked Household Accounts
To enable members of the same household to share in offers and rewards, Stop & Shops systems automatically link accounts when card holders share the same last name and address. If you do not want to be linked with others in the system designated household, you can opt out by contacting Stop & Shop Customer Service at 877-366-2668 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST. If you want to make sure that you are linked with other members of your household who share the same address, please have all members of your household who wish to have their cards linked, contact Stop & Shop Customer Service at 877-366-2668 Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST to request household linking of their cards.
One Account Per Customer
Stop & Shop systems are designed so that a customer can only maintain one Stop & Shop Card account. As such, if more than one Stop & Shop Card is sought, and issued, with the same first and last name and same address, Stop & Shops systems will match and link those cards so that they assigned to a single account and any and all Program Benefits accrue to that single account. If a customer or customers of the same exact name and address wish to maintain separate Stop & Shop Cards and accounts, they may contact Stop & Shop Customer Service at 877-366-2668 who, in their discretion, may elect to accommodate such a request.
Gas Rewards
Under the Program, you can receive points on purchases of grocery and other products (subject to exclusions described below) towards savings on gasoline purchased at Stop & Shop or participating Shell locations. Gas Rewards points are not available on purchases of gasoline and other fuels, alcohol, tobacco, money orders, postage stamps, gift cards, lottery tickets, amusement park and other tickets, Western Union wire transfer services, fax and copy machine services, coin operated vending machines, utility payments, prepaid telephone calling or wireless cards, video rental, delivery charges, dry cleaning, fundraising activities and donations, returned check service fees, payments toward store charge account balances, personal shopper fees, bottle deposits, sales tax, and any other purchase prohibited by law. Pharmacy purchases in New York and New Jersey do not receive Gas Rewards. Other than in New York and New Jersey, for pharmacy purchases, Gas Rewards are available only on the amount paid by the customer--co-payment amount for individuals with prescription coverage or the cash payment amount for individuals without prescription coverage. Gas Rewards are received in the same manner as purchases for any other product. The payment for pharmacy products may not receive higher Gas Rewards than the payment for other merchandise. For all other purchases, one point is received for each dollar spent on eligible purchases at Stop & Shop or Peapod using your Stop & Shop Card. Additional points can also be received on special periodic promotions. Gas Rewards points are available for redemption within 24 hours of eligible purchases and 48 hours after delivery of eligible purchases from Peapod and expire 30 days from the date of the purchase or delivery on which the points were issued. Gas Rewards points have no cash value but can be redeemed in 100 point increments for savings of ten cents per gallon on eligible fuel purchases made using your Stop & Shop Card. The maximum number of Gas Rewards points that can be redeemed in any one gasoline purchases (a single fill-up) is 1,500 points; however, the total discount cannot exceed the price per gallon. The maximum fuel purchase amount that will be deemed eligible by Stop & Shop for Gas Rewards is limited to 20 gallons of fuel per vehicle per purchase. Note that, although not a Stop & Shop limitation, other limits on the size of gasoline purchases may be imposed by third parties (e.g., payment card companies, financial institutions). Gas Rewards points are not transferable. The Gas Rewards offer may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice and is not valid where prohibited by law.
Unauthorized Access or Use
We are not responsible for any unauthorized access of your Card or any unauthorized use of any rewards, coupons, points, promotional offers or other Program Benefits. If you believe any such unauthorized access or use has occurred, you should notify us promptly using the contact information below - - See Contact Information section. Upon receipt of such notification, we will help you to set up a new Card and transfer your existing points and rewards balance or other Program Benefits (if any). However, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, not to reinstate any rewards, coupons, points or other Program Benefits which were redeemed by an unauthorized user of your account.
Balance Inquiry and Transaction History
You may check the available points and reward balances and the status of other Program Benefits by logging into your online account or contacting Giant customer service, as described below. Your available points balance and available rewards balance or other Program Benefits information shall equal the amounts reflected in our records, unless you can prove otherwise to our satisfaction. Inquiries with respect to rewards and points balances or other Program Benefits should be directed to using the contact information below - - See Contact Information section.
Opt-Out of Program
You may opt out of the Program by contacting us using the contact information below - - See Contact Information section. Once you have opted out of the Program, you may not receive additional Program Benefits and available points and rewards and other Program Benefits shall expire immediately.
No Transfers
Points, coupons, rewards, and other Program Benefits may not be transferred.
Revocation and Termination of Account or Program
We reserve the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or revoke your Card at any time in our sole discretion, without prior notice. Upon cancellation, termination, suspension, or revocation of your Card, you may not receive additional points or other Program Benefits and available points, rewards and all other Program Benefits shall expire immediately.
NO CASH VALUE OR PROPERTY INTEREST
For the avoidance of doubt, participation in the Program, use of the Card, and receipt of Program Benefits (including points and rewards) does not give you any property right or other ownership interest. Program Benefits have no cash value whatsoever. Valid only in the United States.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We only share your personal identification information in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
Amendments
We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting updated or revised Terms and Conditions here. Please check back regularly for any updates or revisions to these Terms and Conditions. Unless otherwise indicated by us, any amendments shall apply to any transactions occurring on or after the effective date of the amendments. The use of the Card on or after the effective date of any amendment shall confirm that you agree to the amendment. If you do not wish to agree to an amendment, your sole recourse is to opt out of the Program in accordance with Section 9.
Contact Information
You may communicate with us regarding the Program, Program benefits and Terms and Conditions by contacting Stop & Shop Customer Service at 877-366-2668; Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:22 am

Ok, this is big.

Through random reading here, since I've been playing big in the gas points with stop and shop since back when redbird was all the rage (bought several gas cans at target just to thank them), I played around in my Shell fuel rewards account, looking to see if, like Giant, the stop and shop card could be linked. It can't yet. BUT.......I linked my citi double cash master card which is my go to card and BAM! In less than a month, it's showing $2.40 a gallon discount! Yah, I spend a lot on double cash (about $3500 last month.....with lots of master card gift cards at stop and shop for gas) but this is all without effort!

I'm pretty happy and will see how I do with the $2.69 gas in the next few days with this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Car Jack
Ok, this is big.

Through random reading here, since I've been playing big in the gas points with stop and shop since back when redbird was all the rage (bought several gas cans at target just to thank them), I played around in my Shell fuel rewards account, looking to see if, like Giant, the stop and shop card could be linked. It can't yet. BUT.......I linked my citi double cash master card which is my go to card and BAM! In less than a month, it's showing $2.40 a gallon discount! Yah, I spend a lot on double cash (about $3500 last month.....with lots of master card gift cards at stop and shop for gas) but this is all without effort!

I'm pretty happy and will see how I do with the $2.69 gas in the next few days with this.
They can be linked already

When logged in, go here: https://stopandshop.com/my-account/#...ds-and-savings

Click on "Get Started" unter the Fuel Rewards image.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Bigzamboni

So when at Shell stations, do you enter the Fuel Rewards ALT ID or the Stop and Shop # as ALT ID?

I just signed up for Fuel Rewards and linked via the Stop and Shop site (but received no confirmation).

Any way to get more than $1.50 off a gal would be nice
Unfortunately, I don't live in PA.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage
So when at Shell stations, do you enter the Fuel Rewards ALT ID or the Stop and Shop # as ALT ID?

I just signed up for Fuel Rewards and linked via the Stop and Shop site (but received no confirmation).

Either one works, as the two are now linked.

Savings from Giant/S&S are limited to $1.50, but to my knowledge, there are no limits on Fuel Rewards in general (aside from 20 gal maximum).
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage

I didn't get any confirmation email or anything, but under Rewards & Savings in the S&S account view, it now shows "Gas rewards + Fuel Rewards Fuel Savings" whereas before linking it just had the Gas Rewards logo.

Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
Either one works, as the two are now linked.

Savings from Giant/S&S are limited to $1.50, but to my knowledge, there are no limits on Fuel Rewards in general (aside from 20 gal maximum).
The terms seem to indicate that you can still only use $1.50 worth of points from S&S/Giant in one redemption, but that could be a relic from before the merge. I don't have any first hand experience to know yet how the points will get pulled when using a linked account.

FR points are good until the end of the following month, but S&S/Giant-MD just get 30 days.. Here's to hoping linked accounts get a longer period for use.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:18 pm

I didn't get any confirmation email or anything, but under Rewards & Savings in the S&S account view, it now shows "Gas rewards + Fuel Rewards Fuel Savings" whereas before linking it just had the Gas Rewards logo.

The terms seem to indicate that you can still only use $1.50 worth of points from S&S/Giant in one redemption, but that could be a relic from before the merge. I don't have any first hand experience to know yet how the points will get pulled when using a linked account.

FR points are good until the end of the following month, but S&S/Giant-MD just get 30 days.. Here's to hoping linked accounts get a longer period for use.
Thats what I meant - it should debit up to $1.50 from the Giant/SS pool and take any extra from the FRN pool.

Giant/SS points still expire on a rolling 30 days basis.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:25 am

Have you had success linking? I've tried and it goes in circles and doesn't appear to link.

Or is it just that the picture becomes the gas points + Fuel rewards?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:45 am

Have you had success linking? I've tried and it goes in circles and doesn't appear to link.

It seems so, yes. Before linking I had 0 rewards available from S&S. After linking, my FR rewards, less the 5c/gal for gold, are showing up on S&S website also.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:39 pm

Having the same issue. I am logged into both accounts, when I click "Get started" from the S&S website, it take my to the FR site. Then I "login to link accounts" and then after I login it takes me back to the original S&S page. Seems like nothing is happening, and the 0.05 is not showing on S&S rewards.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Having the same issue. I am logged into both accounts, when I click "Get started" from the S&S website, it take my to the FR site. Then I "login to link accounts" and then after I login it takes me back to the original S&S page. Seems like nothing is happening, and the 0.05 is not showing on S&S rewards.
The 0.05 from FR Gold will only show up on FR. My rewards on the S&S site are showing $0.05 less.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:33 am

What card(s) are on the docket for next week?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
What card(s) are on the docket for next week?
Cracker Barrell, 5x
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:57 am

I linked my S&S card to my newly created Shell FR card. I just filled up at Shell and only received $1.55 off of a gallon even though on the Shell website, it says I have many more points because all of the S&S points I have. The extra .05 was from signing up for the FR card so it seems like it is using the S&S rules of max of $1.50 and only 20 gallons as well. I am sure if I had other FR points, it would have used those too, but I only had the bonus .05 FR points for signing up.

I also noticed on the Shell pump, there is no longer 2 options to choose from for rewards. The FR & S&S are now together on one option.

At least this is how it worked at the station that I went to.

Last edited by Luvs2Sav12; Sep 21, 2017 at 7:29 am
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:58 am

My linked accounts (SS & FR) are still capping at 1.50.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.