Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2016-17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread has posts from 2016 onward; prior posts can be found here.
The thread for 2018 is here.
***If you buy gift cards outside promotions, you will earn ZERO points.***

Giant MD and Stop & Shop's points now stack with Shell's Fuel Rewards. See more here.
If you link a Mastercard to Fuel Rewards, you will earn an additional $0.15/gal for every $100 spent on anything at Giant/S&S with that card through the end of the year.

Accepted tender: Cash, credit, and debit. Also available are mobile/contactless payment (Apple Pay, etc.) and mobile loyalty (card barcode via app).

Summary
Stop & Shop (S&S), Giant Food Stores (Giant PA), and Giant Food (Giant MD) offer points for purchases which can be redeemed for a discount on the price paid per gallon on fuel sales at Shell and S&S/Giant fuel stations. $100* spend = 100 pts = 10c/gal discount. The particular rules vary between the three brands, and within Giant PA, the rules vary by location. Refer to the bottom of this wiki post for more information or links to official info from each brand.

Feel free to update this Wiki or suggest improvements. The goal is to help all of us spend less on gas!

- - - - - - - - - -
Current promotions
Fuel Rewards:
- $0.15/gal for every $100 spent at qualifying supermarkets with a Mastercard through the end of the year
Weekly Ad (advert starting 2017-__-__):
- Stop & Shop:
- Giant MD:
- Giant PA:
- Martin's:
- - - - - - - - - -
Additional Information

• A loyalty card is required to take advantage of gas rewards. They look like the above image and can be obtained either online (links at end of wiki) or in-person (at the customer service counter).

• The cards currently on promotion are listed in the current weekly circular and usually change every week. VISA and MC from Metabank or US Bank for $20-$500 (plus $5.95 fee) work. For GCs, if it meets the previous requirements, the packaging (blue, silver, birthday cake, etc.) doesn't matter! Check the issuing bank on the back.

• S&S and Giant (DC, DE, MD, and VA) allow you to redeem up to 1500 points ($1.50/gal) per fuel purchase, and points expire 30 days after the qualifying purchase. With Giant PA, there is no limit to the number of points redeemed at one time.

• Points earned in one program cannot be used in another program.

• Your ID may be required when buying gift cards. Your name and other info may also be recorded for purchases over a discretionary dollar value. Whether you're buying a $100 card or a $5k stack, your experience will vary.

• You can view your account online using the link at the bottom of the wiki.

• It's best to purchase gift cards at the customer service counter, but reports state that a single $500 gift card can be paid for at any register without an issue. Purchases over $1k will require manager authorisation with a physical key, which may slow down the queue. You can go to the Solution Center to save time and make things easier for everyone.

• Giant Eagle and Giant Food are different chains with different ownership, and this thread is not relevant to the former.

• If you have more points in your account than are redeemed for a fuel purchase, then the remaining points will stay in your account until their respective expiration date(s). For example, if you have 2500 points and debit the 1500 ($1.50/gal) maximum, you will have 1000 points left. Similar behaviour if gas is ever below $1.50/gal before discount.

• If you don't receive eligible points with your purchase due to system or human error, you can have them retroactively added by customer service (in-store or by phone). Have your receipt and a copy of the advert. It can take up to 24 hours for keyed points to appear in your account.
Official Rewards Pages
Stop & Shop Giant MD Giant PA
Weekly Circulars
Stop & Shop Giant MD Giant PA
Print Wikipost

Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2016-17)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:00 am

$10 off $100 Mastercard GC at Giant through 9/1.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Scotttheking
$10 off $100 Mastercard GC at Giant through 9/1.
Will it work on the $500 variables? Or just fixed amount $100?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by bodiddely
Will it work on the $500 variables? Or just fixed amount $100?
Last time it came around for me it did not work for variables automatically, but I had no problem showing the cashier the digital coupon and getting it honored since it does say "$100 or more".
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Prometheus77
Last time it came around for me it did not work for variables automatically, but I had no problem showing the cashier the digital coupon and getting it honored since it does say "$100 or more".
Just left the store and had the same experience as last time.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by craz
did I miss something and they ran it for 2 weeks in a row? The last day to use up the pts was this past Sat
Giant-Carlisle points are good until the end of the month following the month you earned them, so until August 31st. Could be what he meant.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:57 pm

Guy behind the counter told me today that soon they will be switching to only chip to purchase MO with debits. Is this actually something they can force? This store is a bit on and off with MO for debit to begin with, so I'm not sure if I believe him.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Guy behind the counter told me today that soon they will be switching to only chip to purchase MO with debits. Is this actually something they can force? This store is a bit on and off with MO for debit to begin with, so I'm not sure if I believe him.
Are you talking about buying MO's at S&S? I've never been able to at any of the S&S's I go to. They all check for a bank card.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:11 am

4X points on MC GC starting Sep 1st at Giant!!

Just in time since my points expire Aug 31st
centrifuge41 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by stuntgoats
4X points on MC GC starting Sep 1st at Giant!!

Just in time since my points expire Aug 31st
Great promotion too has not been 4X gas points for MC GC in a long time.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by slicktraveler
Great promotion too has not been 4X gas points for MC GC in a long time.
Whoop, whoop!

BTW, If you have access to Giant PA, this would mean you'd have access to completely free gas all the way until the end of October. Too bad most of us only get the $1.50 off for 30 days.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:24 am

Well, I'd like to echo this quote from the old thread...
i'm now 100% convinced that their promo coordinator lurks here and/or owns a boat or RV.
I need to pull the trigger the AMEX EDP and/or BCP cards that get 3x MR or 6% cash back. This is evidently not going away anytime soon.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ratamacue
Well, I'd like to echo this quote from the old thread...

I need to pull the trigger the AMEX EDP and/or BCP cards that get 3x MR or 6% cash back. This is evidently not going away anytime soon.
I'm thinking of looking back on the earlier discussion on electric siphons. The only equipment I've ever bought is two 5-gallon gas cans. It's a bit of a PITA pouring the gas out of the cans into the tank. Would an electric siphons make the task considerably easier? As noted, it looks like this game will continue for awhile.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
I'm thinking of looking back on the earlier discussion on electric siphons. The only equipment I've ever bought is two 5-gallon gas cans. It's a bit of a PITA pouring the gas out of the cans into the tank. Would an electric siphons make the task considerably easier? As noted, it looks like this game will continue for awhile.
See post number 532 in this thread.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:46 am

For the Que Sera, Sera crowd, of which I am a member: Arizona Ice Tea 1 gallon containers work pretty well. Plastic is much thicker than milk jugs, easy to handle.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by tuphat
For the Que Sera, Sera crowd, of which I am a member: Arizona Ice Tea 1 gallon containers work pretty well. Plastic is much thicker than milk jugs, easy to handle.
my biggest concern with this is that the container should be obnoxiously labeled "GASOLINE - DO NOT DRINK", or similar.

(just in case the fumes aren't a sufficient hint.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.