Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Any tricks for meeting minimum spending threshholds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I've got to add a few more accounts for the sake of my credit score. Sadly, one of the benefits of having money and using it wisely apparently is that you get punished for having too few accounts.

My real challenge is meeting the spending threshholds. I do pretty well but I'm not that big into spending money. The only bills I have are utilities. My place is pretty efficient so its' not that much.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to meet the spending minimums? Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:17 pm

strip clubs and drug dealers that use venmo is what i typically do.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
There's a forum called Manufactured Spending that should answer your questions.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Restaurant meals. Groceries. Movie tickets. Gasoline, if you have a car. Prepaid gift cards for any and all of the above, if you need to front-load your spending. Doctor bills. Insurance premiums. Charitable contributions. Postal services. Cell phone, cable, and Internet service. Clothing. Gifts. And since this is FlyerTalk, travel expenses.

"I've got to add a few more accounts for the sake of my credit score."

Why do you care about your credit score? Are you planning on taking out a loan?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:56 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Ou81two,

There are several manufactured spending techniques that you could use to meet minimum spend on your cards. I suggest you read the New Members thread, and its predecessor thread from 2015, and ask there if you have any further questions.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...re-2016-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.