Anyway to consolidate multiple VGC

Old Jan 13, 16, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, DL, Marriott, UR
Anyway to consolidate multiple VGC

After the recent Serve shutdown I am left with the bunch of VGC's. Was wondering it there is a way to consolidate their balances on a single card and use that, for example, for ~$1000 MO's. I am hesitant to ask cashiers at Kroger's customer service to split transactions between 2 cards and also it may seem less "fraudulent" if I buy them with cards with my name. I know PP is quick to shut you down but still may be worth trying, IMO, since MyCash is not involved here. Google Wallet card?
Old Jan 13, 16, 2:57 pm

Regardless of much you're floating, and I don't even think Kroger has the capability to split tinder, I wouldn't bother with split tinder at Kroger if that's the best place you have access to. I doubt you'd have a problem getting two separate money orders, nothing too suspicious about that. In a situation like we're in now with BB, the few extra dollars it will cost you to liquidate for MO isn't worth fretting over. This all assumes you aren't rolling with 20K in VGC's to liquidate some at every Kroger in the county and thinking you're going to deposit huge chunks at your bank which we will no doubt hear about from someone on here over the coming days and weeks. There's a good reason the guys in the game for along time tell you to make sure you can float whatever you buy for a few months.
Old Jan 13, 16, 9:21 pm

I can confirm that I successfully split tendered at Kroger 4 different VGC and had to do 2 separate MO as the max per MO is $1000 (at least in my store). I explain beforehand to the employee that I needed to split as I received Prepaid loadable cards (NOT gift cards) from family and needed to MO. Was hesitated for a minute, went to his manager for a couple minutes, asked if it was gift cards, said no and said no problem then (VGC were from simon mall). I wouldn't do it again though as this can clearly raise flag but was a great way to liquidate all my remaining VGC. Hope this helps you
Old Jan 13, 16, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Florian Khaliqui View Post
I can confirm that I successfully split tendered at Kroger 4 different VGC and had to do 2 separate MO as the max per MO is $1000 (at least in my store). I explain beforehand to the employee that I needed to split as I received Prepaid loadable cards (NOT gift cards) from family and needed to MO. Was hesitated for a minute, went to his manager for a couple minutes, asked if it was gift cards, said no and said no problem then (VGC were from simon mall). I wouldn't do it again though as this can clearly raise flag but was a great way to liquidate all my remaining VGC. Hope this helps you
So you told them they were prepaid cards... which you got from your family... presumably as a gift... but they didn't think those were gift cards? Looks like their security is top notch
Old Jan 13, 16, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Florian Khaliqui View Post
I've always had good luck with "my debit card has a $500 per swipe limit." It's true, too - you're sure not going to get more than $500 off that card.
Old Jan 13, 16, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by rasgueado View Post
So you told them they were prepaid cards... which you got from your family... presumably as a gift... but they didn't think those were gift cards? Looks like their security is top notch
Most likely they knew but just thought it was a one time thing so did not make a big deal about it (in DISCOVER's words, one time courtesy

If OP stops by the store again trying the same thing, he/she would probably run into more resistance. Split payments for MOs are not unusual, but same person keeping doing it (especially for the maximum amount on the MO) is unusual.

Search this Thread