Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Giftcardrescue.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Had to have a (prepaid) lawyer send them a letter to finally get paid. Only took four months.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by ICEE45
It's common among these types of businesses to first sell your card and then pay you. Same thing with ABCGiftcard.com, until someone buys the card you won't get paid.
No idea what you are smoking, but that is absolutely 100% not true
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:08 pm

I buy giftcards from many resellers. Giftcardrescue is the absolute worse and I won't buy from them anymore. I would get a high percentage of cards with zero balance, and before they will issue a refund, you have to first send in the card. Then, after several prompts on your end, many of which are never returned, it will take them a couple of weeks to realize that they have actually received the cards. Then, it will take 6 weeks or longer to issue a credit. Buy from or sell to Raise, ABC, Giftcardzen among others. They are quality companies.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:33 pm

Anyone tried reporting to the BBB?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:23 am

i got the original check they issued and its dated 1-11-2016. this is after they told me on 12-3-2015 that a check was mailed.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by bigugly
Anyone tried reporting to the BBB?
Now THAT made me laugh. They'll send BBB a response that the matter is settled and BBB will post on their site that the matter is settled.

Have had exactly that happen with a roofer. BBB is useless for consumers. They're a sham organization looking for money from shady businesses.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 1:17 pm

Angry

Their web shows "payment processed" on 12/18/15 and haven't received my check now.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:02 pm

hate GCR. they are slow to process and slow to pay.

after losing my last shipment. never doing business with them again.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I'm not a fan of regurgitating what has already been said, but I sold them some TGIFridays cards and they would not accept them. They made me mail them a pre-postage stamped envelope for them to send the cards back to me.

NOTE: I had to pay postage a total of 3 times.

The entire ordeal took well over 2 months. I never ever will deal with them again. Even when their selling rate is much higher than other sites.

STAY AWAY!

As far as the BBB, I have used them in disputes with other companies before and I must say, it was a great move on my part. The disputes were handled very quickly and professionally after the BBB contacted the business.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: marriott
Exclamation The only way to deal with giftcardrescue - seek help from the Attorney General

After a frustrating time that culminated with the passive aggressive scum bags sending me an email showing that a shipment was created yet would never track as shipped, I filled a complaint with the Maryland Office of the Attorney general. It is easy and can be done online.
Once I got a confirmation that my complaint was received, I sent a copy to the giftcardrescue. within hours the tracking number showed the order shipped!
Clearly this is a criminal organization that must be put out of business for the benefit of the general public.
I urge everyone that has been victimized by them to write to the MD AG. Hopefully when they receive enough complaints they will investigate them.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:46 am

I did finally get an email saying my payment has been processed, and to wait 3 weeks (!) before contacting them again. It has almost been 3 weeks.

I only found out about this company from the giftcardwiki site when they started floating to the top of the list. I'll definitely be leaving negative feedback over there if it is possible.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:49 am

My cards were received on 12/18 and payment was processed on 12/29 and I still don't have check. They have given me 3 different dates. I have sold to various exchanges but never had issue like this. I will also contact attorney Journal office today. Gift card rescue is a fraud company. Bunch of scamsters.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:56 am

I too fell for selling my unwanted Southwest giftcards to these crooks (albeit long before this thread was started). Needless to say, I've been waiting over a month for my checks that they "sent". Several emails to their "customer service" have gone ignored.

I guess I'm not adding much to the discussion but if anything just wanted to bump this thread (and probably will continue to do so once in a while) as a PSA to this community to avoid these slimeballs.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
adding to the growing list of complaints. i sent a gift card in Dec. 16th. On Jan 28h, i finally received an email that they had received the card... i guess ill have to wait another 2mo before payment... (if payment actually arrives)

AVOID THIS SCAM COMPANY!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:57 am

They told me yesterday to give it another week, and then they will initiate reissuing the check. It has been almost four weeks since I was notified that the payment was being processed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.