Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card(2016 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: radonc1
As of 9/18/21: WM loads are no longer free. WM will charge each load (no matter what the size) $3.74 in addition to the money being deposited into your Go Bank account.

GoBank fees and limits:

Cash deposits are limited to $2,500 per day and $3,000 per 30 days, subject to a maximum account balance of $50,000.
  • Sign up with a starter kit from participating retail stores Purchase a starter kit at a participating retail location ($2.95 or less) + start your account for as little as $20, up to $500
  • Monthly Membership FREE in any month that you make qualifying direct deposits totaling at least $500. Otherwise, $8.95 per month. For more details on the Monthly Membership fee
    Keep in mind the maximum number of swipes for payment when loading prepaid reloadables including GoBank is THREE. Swiping the prepaid card is considered as FIRST swipe so it leaves you with THREE remaining swipes so plan accordingly.
Lots of $200 loads can get you shutdown. GoBank does not like paying load fees on low denomination loads. Two $500 loads is better than five $200 loads.

The monthly fee will accumulate if the account is dormant. You must call the phone number on the back to close the account.

5/29/19 - There may be a difference in which card gets free loads at WM. Getting the card online through GoBank.com sends out a Visa version. This card may not allow free loads at WM. Reports are that getting the card directly at WM will result in free loads. If anyone can confirm this, please do so.

-----------------------------
Shut down reports:

Please list your load/spend/billpay details (in a single statement/lifetime?) e.g.,
type of load, number of loads, denomination of your gc or mp, amount of your billpay, any actual swipe/dd?

lad2 (closed) - May: $2.7K 9 loads 5DDs - June: $5.5K 5 loads 6DDs - July: $4.6K 6 loads 1DD - August $9.9K 19 loads 1DD - no swipes

TheDapperDon (open) June $4.5k 5 loads. All GCs. 1 swipe. Everything else BP to CC. 1500 most loaded in one day .July - $3489 5 loads. All GCs. Several swipes. No load until below $20 or so remaining.

raghu455 (closed) May $2k 4 loads, june $7k all GCs. All BP to CC.

drdrew450 (closed) 17K in loads, unloaded all through bill pay, less than a month

cuebert (closed) $4.5k in 9 MP loads, BP out. That was fast.

sgideons (closed) May $7k 17 loads, june $17k 27 loads, july $5k 6 loads, september $3.5k 4 loads. Unloaded 90% ACH pull, 5% PP to self, 5% bill pay tool. Closed on September statement date.

MDWCommuter (closed): June only, $8k in 60 loads, all GC. $2k is most loaded in one day. Wrote 2 BP to CC checks, no ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, always carried at least a $1k balance

ArtemK (closed): 1st month - 5/21 - 6/21 - loaded $6,700, 6/21 - 6/30 - $4K loaded, all via GCs. Unloaded all via BP to Citi and Chase. No ATM, no MP loads, no ACH pull, no DD, no swipes.

rdover1 (Closed): 1st month - $23.6k loaded (WM GC), ~$1k spend, rest bill pay (mostly to CC)
rdover1 2nd card (closed): Closed mid cycle, survived 1st month. No bill pay, only MO. Never loaded over ~$4k. Total activity ~$12k.

T3pleShot (closed): 7k in loads at WMT, 10 loads, mostly $500, some $200, $4k billpay to CC, 5 swipes totaling about $25.

ctbarron (open): Month1 - $3.8k loaded, all bill pay out, 1 swipe; Month2 - $3.7k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD; Month3 - $4.2k loaded, all bill pay out, few swipes and an ATM WD. Zero membership fee, usually a balance of under $150.

americanindian (closed)- closed after 3 months today. had about 7.5k deposit each month, with lots of small value(<$20) purchases each month. liquidated mostly using bill pay.

rodsren (closed)- the dapperdon warned me. I was closed today after less than 5,500 or loaaing in less than 3 weeks (was going to try to keep it to 7,500 - 10,000 but didn't luck out.)

binnycode (closed, re-opened) - 7x $200 loads + 1x $700 load + 3x $500 over 2 days got me shut down. Called CSR and they re-opened my account, letting me know that "direct deposit would reduce my number of trips to walmart" lol!

tarcapone (open) old version opened October 2014 still alive February 2016. Load $1k/week ($4-$5K per month) nearly every Monday morning. Bill pay out large chunks to Credit cards. (Open) new version Opened November 2015 load $1K per week, but skipping a week each month. Bill pay out large chunks. My $1K/week is always one transaction (2x$500GC).

Print Wikipost

Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card(2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Abroaders
Also received the unable to verify identity message and was relegated to a limited use account.. Registered a MC version purchased at WM. Loaded $200 prior to registering online. Have no history with GreenDot.

Has anyone successfully submitted documentation and had the limited account restriction removed?
No idea what the issue was. All info entered was correct. Only thing I can think of is that I didn't include my middle name on the GB registration page.

WIll update if I get a resolution.
I have the same issue w/ my WM MC card. Been at my address for over 9 years. Never had a greendot product.

I was told by the phone rep I am not eligible for a permanent card and was advised to drain it, close it, and then try with another kit.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:55 pm

Did anyone successfully pay your CC recently? All my old payees disappeared from my gobank account. When I tried to add new payee, citi,chase, these credit card companies all not found at all. Anyone same problem?
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by ericliujian
Did anyone successfully pay your CC recently? All my old payees disappeared from my gobank account. When I tried to add new payee, citi,chase, these credit card companies all not found at all. Anyone same problem?
I'm not seeing it. Citi and Chase are still available as payees for me. Can you access other CC payees?
RedSun likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:07 pm

Same problem here, noticed it a few days ago. I have had the card for 3 years.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by time_stamp
I'm not seeing it. Citi and Chase are still available as payees for me. Can you access other CC payees?
No, all my old payees disappear and I can not add any CC companies at all
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by bfalcn09
Same problem here, noticed it a few days ago. I have had the card for 3 years.
Did you contact gobank?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:08 am

No, all my old payees disappear and I can not add any CC companies at all
Disturbing. Do you have any idea what might have caused this? Where you paying off your CCs more than once a month? Can you still billpay financial institutions that don't issue credit cards?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:52 am

I have the same issues here, with all the payee disapeared all of a sudden
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Try doing ACH pulls from within the CC company's website rather than paying from the GoBank interface.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Try doing ACH pulls from within the CC company's website rather than paying from the GoBank interface.
Does it work?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:58 am

charge

Got the MasterCard version from Walmart but was still charged around 3.70 fees. Anyone experience this?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by dd987
Got the MasterCard version from Walmart but was still charged around 3.70 fees. Anyone experience this?
May want to close this MC version and hunt down the Visa version.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
I have the MC version (have had it for several years). I note that there's a Visa version now available. Is it possible to have both? Or I wonder if that's just tempting fate and asking for a smackdown...
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I have the MC version (have had it for several years). I note that there's a Visa version now available. Is it possible to have both? Or I wonder if that's just tempting fate and asking for a smackdown...
I didn't know they had a Visa version. Would like to know the answer to that as well. Would be nice to have 2 GoBank cards.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by dd987
I bought/loaded the MC version at WM about a month ago for P1 and P2 and continue to load without fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.