Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2016 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 5:48 pm

A small local bank just shut me down in a way that has me rather pissed. They sent me a letter by certified mail that claims a discrepancy with my SSN (BS) and gave me 5 business days from the letter's issue date to respond by going to my local SS office and getting a certified document and bringing it to them.

Only problem is they sent me the letter in a way that it didn't reach me until Saturday when the deadline has passed and my account has been closed. I was given no email/phone call/SM even though those were my preferred communication.

I kinda felt they did this just so I had no opportunity to withdraw my money before shutting me down. I know they could have shut me down in a more straightforward method and held my money anyways, but this BS has me completely tilted for some reason.
Old May 14, 2016, 6:24 pm

See if you can track it. Look at the postmark date and go from there. They're trying to see if they can run their game on you. Of course you're tilted.
Old May 14, 2016, 10:44 pm

I think complaints to CFPB and FDIC straight away. They want to behave like jerks they should get treated like jerks.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:37 am
jk2

Any luck opening any Barclays cards after shutdown? My accounts were closed 3 months ago, and to test my luck I applied again. My application was denied instantly and letter came a week after with denial reason like negative something with previous accounts. I wonder how long I should wait.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Something tells me that this thread is about to get very busy.
Old May 17, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by josephstern
Something tells me that this thread is about to get very busy.
WF?
Old May 17, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by NikSem
It appears that they did create a blacklist with mugshots that is being sent to all of the locations.
Let's talk disguises.
I'll start. Waldo outfit!
Old May 18, 2016, 10:38 am

Keybank shutdown. Was actually working from home waiting on the potential WF letter as got a certified letter from key.

Was depositing less than 5K every week for the past 3 months. The funny thing is given the WF drama I likely wasn't even going to continue depositing MOs here as I'm guessing my MS will be much lower given there are very few compelling options left (and those that do have limits aka Ink). Should I close out the account before they auto close? Or does it matter...
Old May 18, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cdog999
Keybank shutdown. Was actually working from home waiting on the potential WF letter as got a certified letter from key.

Was depositing less than 5K every week for the past 3 months. The funny thing is given the WF drama I likely wasn't even going to continue depositing MOs here as I'm guessing my MS will be much lower given there are very few compelling options left (and those that do have limits aka Ink). Should I close out the account before they auto close? Or does it matter...
WF drama? Is this on another thread?
Old May 18, 2016, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999

How were you depositing? ATM or in person?

We you pushing to WF checking?

I got shut down too by Keybank last year.
Old May 18, 2016, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
How were you depositing? ATM or in person?
In person, developed a rapport with the tellers. Over a month ago got certified letters from them asking specific questions. Called person at Key and was up front with them. Asked me how much longer I was planning on using the account this way and told them until beginning of July. Said they would note my account.

We you pushing to WF checking?
Yep, I doubt that this matters vs pulling money out.

I got shut down too by Keybank last year.
Not going to matter much for me anymore as my volume is going to go down significantly given what is happening with the most popular card right now. Even if I take advantage of a few card bonuses + some spend on business cards I'll be lucky to do 10% of my current volume.

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
WF drama? Is this on another thread?
Yes, go to the WF thread to read about that. My SO has given me specific orders on what to do (or rather NOT do) right now.
Old May 18, 2016, 11:29 pm
Suspended

Received shutdown letter from SateFarm Bank. Surprisingly, letter has only StatFarm logo. No address, contact information or designation of person who send the letter.

Never deposited more then 3k/month.
Old May 23, 2016, 6:24 am

Got shutdown by ingo money. Was only doing $1k money order a month and still shut down.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:23 pm

My Barclay Arrival+ card was shut down today. They don't let me redeem my points. I will be filing to CFPB. Is there any chance to get approved with them in the future?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by groundhog
My Barclay Arrival+ card was shut down today. They don't let me redeem my points. I will be filing to CFPB. Is there any chance to get approved with them in the future?
Volume?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.