Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by prasha11
What is the value bluebird in MS?

5K points/month? (VGC) at $0 cost

5K points/month (VGC) in $5K MO at 5x0.70= $3.5 cost?

I deposit MOs in the bank and do what I want(KISS)......what am I missing?
For me MO's are a hassle, but to each there own.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:12 pm

I need help

I received this email below:

During a recent review of your Account, we noticed activity that was in violation of the Bluebird Member Agreement, section: 22 D
Due to the violation your Account has been locked and your Account privileges have been suspended.
If you have any questions, please call Account Protection Services at 1-877-486-5990.
Thanks,
The Bluebird Team

I tried calling and I’m not getting any information from the customer service. All I want is my money from that account. Any help on how to go about that? I feel like I’m getting the run around!!!! Please Help!!!!!!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bryantsd

During a recent review of your Account, we noticed activity that was in violation of the Bluebird Member Agreement, section: 22 D
Due to the violation your Account has been locked and your Account privileges have been suspended.
If you have any questions, please call Account Protection Services at 1-877-486-5990.
Thanks,
The Bluebird Team

I tried calling and I’m not getting any information from the customer service. All I want is my money from that account. Any help on how to go about that? I feel like I’m getting the run around!!!! Please Help!!!!!!
I got the same message back in January. It took 15 minutes to get to customer service but they just said sorry. Options were to close the account and they send me the money in my account or I could continue to spend and draw down the account but they would not accept any additional deposits into the account.

I closed the account and they did a wire transfer of the balance to my linked checking account. It took about 2-3 weeks to transfer.

Also, if you have any sub-accounts setup in Bluebird, you have to remember to transfer the $ in the sub-account to your main account so when they transfer the funds you get the full balance transferred.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
what date did you receive the email?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by bryantsd

Thanks,
The Bluebird Team

Why don't you just pay off your CC with your BB funds? Why bother with requesting a check which always takes forever.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:53 pm

My card got shutdown today as well. Have around $1000 there. Tried to see if I could use it at Walmart to pay grocery and it says credit declined. Anyone have this issue and how do I spend it down? I tried paying my CC but wouldn't allow. Can I withdraw money at an ATM? Any ideas would be much appreciated
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by knn9413a
My card got shutdown today as well. Have around $1000 there. Tried to see if I could use it at Walmart to pay grocery and it says credit declined. Anyone have this issue and how do I spend it down? I tried paying my CC but wouldn't allow. Can I withdraw money at an ATM? Any ideas would be much appreciated
Call and have them send you the money.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:11 pm

One of my cards got shutdown but wife's card has not got a notification however I am getting "Debit not approved call authorizer". This card has only been used maybe 3x to load.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

My experiment has stopped on my Serve card as I received the e-mail saying that it's closed because of suspicious activity. Now I have only loaded my Serve with $500 VGC and did normal spend on the card, paying for Gas, groceries etc, nothing to CC companies or Electric companies. What is also strange is I haven't used the card since April, it has had a zero balance on it since then and I now get this " suspicious activity" email. I called but the CSR didn't want to hear anything from me, but they did acknowledged that no activity been happening in my account for 4+ months. I'm thinking that loading with VGC only was the trigger for me. I still have multi BB cards to used before they are closed.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:36 am

Can I withdraw money at an ATM? Any ideas would be much appreciated
if you haven't tried atm w/d, try that first before requesting a check. max w/d per day is $750, find an atm that dispenses 50s and 20s and do 350/350/50 in one day then go back the next day for the balance. IF you can't do w/d, your last resort is to request for a check to be mailed to you. Good luck!
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
My experiment has stopped on my Serve card as I received the e-mail saying that it's closed because of suspicious activity. Now I have only loaded my Serve with $500 VGC and did normal spend on the card, paying for Gas, groceries etc, nothing to CC companies or Electric companies. What is also strange is I haven't used the card since April, it has had a zero balance on it since then and I now get this " suspicious activity" email. I called but the CSR didn't want to hear anything from me, but they did acknowledged that no activity been happening in my account for 4+ months. I'm thinking that loading with VGC only was the trigger for me. I still have multi BB cards to used before they are closed.
That's my conclusion as well. I've had my Serve/BB open for a few months only, and stayed away from paying any CCs or transfer to bank accounts. Strictly bills, mortgage and car loans. Did my occasional purchases and even signed up for direct deposit from my employer. Didn't help, I went to an FD and my load was denied, I tried loading online with my bank debit card and it said the load function was disabled due to unusual activities, on both BB and Serve. No e-mails, no letters, nothing, accidentally found out about it. Haven't called them yet, but sounds like won't do any good. Since loading with many gift cards was the only "frowned upon" activity I did with Serve/BB, I'm also thinking that must be the flag.

Since I'm now an "advanced" newbie, I would suggest to the newcomers to open up Serve/BB and keep them as Plan B only. If you find yourself with too many gift cards and no way to liquidate them, you can always unload them into Serve and BB.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DjRocket

Since I'm now an "advanced" newbie, I would suggest to the newcomers to open up Serve/BB and keep them as Plan B only. If you find yourself with too many gift cards and no way to liquidate them, you can always unload them into Serve and BB.
I just got the new Chase CSR card don't need to MS on the min spend and a new Ink Card, so my plan is do it ram as many VGC through the remaining BB cards I have until it gets shut down, I wonder if I can get to the 50K limit on the Ink card before they shut me down.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:46 am

DP: Loaded 2 VCGs from OM(floral ones) on BB yesterday
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: Alaska, Shell VC, Wyndham VC, Starwood, RCI, II--I bought it on eBay!
Our Bluebirds were shut down with the big shutdown months ago. I wish I could have that back. It was a great way to liquidate VGC's, and the Kates near us all worked great. I won't attempt opening a new BB, because I don't think I would get approved.

Ironically, we still get notices from Bluebird saying we have a payment due because I set our car payments to pay from Bluebird. When they shut down the account, you would think notices would just stop.

WM employees always looked at us as though we were criminals. Bizarre thing to offer Bluebird and then give the people using it the stinkeye!

I have had no luck in acquiring MO's from the local WM, and I am tired of trying. The CSR's are witchy women with nothing to do but be suspicious of everyone. It's time to figure out what to do next. Love my Ink Bold and spouse's Ink Plus for 5X, but we have been stopped in our tracks. If MS is really against some law, then why do they still have such cards with 5X at office supply stores and VGC's we can buy? What is so wrong with the entire MS system that requires such suspicion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.