Bluebird Shutdowns

Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by TAWS
I still have one account opened. I'm going to MS as much as I can. No use in playing it conservatively because we all get shut down eventually. If Amex didn't shut us down, it would have been kiosks being removed or $500 GCs being impossible to find/buy with a CC.
At this stage I'm just happy to load $200 Staples/OM cards..MO works better on $500 cards.

Weird thing is I had the same pattern on all 3 cards..if anything, I have more loads/transactions/potential abuse on the account that is still open...unless they are sending out emails in batches based on how old your account is and then I won't be surprised to see one by tomorrow.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 12three
is that the initial email? seems like you were suspended not banned... mine does not say suspended, it says effective immediatley no loads, please close account when balance reaches zero <it was already zero> then gives a mailing address for further inquiry... so far #on back of card yields a 20min wait and useless info from nonnative speaker
EDIT: nonnative speaker verified info and said i am free to load account as normal... i dont feel like driving to walmart to verify..
I received that email immediately after I tried to do a bank transfer load to see if I had been shut down.

I'll wait a few months, then will try to load a VGC and see what happens.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Beware: I had a single Bluebird card that hadn't gotten the banhammer email, and a few VGCs left to liquidate, so I headed to WM and got the dreaded "Debit not allowed" message nonetheless. So it seems that some accounts were suspended that didn't get an email (or at least not yet). I've checked spam and all the usual places to be sure I didn't miss it. So, I'd suggest that everyone test their cards that they believe survived before purchasing additional VGCs etc.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:38 pm

I've been monitoring this thread, a lot of the day trying to figure out what stage we're in. Seems to mostly still be shock. The acceptance and finger-pointing will probably begin in full force tomorrow. That will probably be a new thread.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:47 pm

one card got email but 2 cards did not
Went to walmart this morning and both cards would not load
checked spam and neither has received email
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:51 pm

no emails yet...
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
I never converted from Redbird to Bluebird. Perhaps now is the time?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by swimbaby
one card got email but 2 cards did not
Went to walmart this morning and both cards would not load
checked spam and neither has received email

Not a good sign.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:07 pm

No more futile trips to WM, only get stood up by a non-functional Kate.
I think my success rate was only 1 out of 6.

Too bad I didn't get to liquidate my last SM cards, during my most recent attempt.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
Yep. There's a teenager working at my local Simon Guest Services who probably won't mind having more time to play whatever game he always seems to be so absorbed in on his iPhone....
Actually, I think that the staff of Simon malls could now be facing layoffs. I know of one mall that had appeared to have added extra staff in the guest services desk just for processing gift cards. Last time I went in there, they had two guys tag-teaming it...they were kept pretty busy with the line of MSers.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
So you're saying Mr. Bowtie, after recently losing his wife, now will lose his business in short order too? That's a rough year.
Yeah, but do you really feel bad for someone getting exposed on AshleyMadison?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin

I hadn't heard about this. That's too bad.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:19 pm

One card of mine received the dreaded e-mail; the other card did not. I did a test $20 load from my bank account to that card this morning, and the load appears to be processing normally. (I won't know for sure until the load becomes available on Jan. 13.)

Fingers crossed. I need someplace to put my $5,700 VGCs that just shipped from the Staples deal on Dec. 28.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: All of them
I, for one, am shocked it lasted this long. We've been doing this for what...3.5 years now. All other reloadable cards have cracked down long ago.

AMEX might as well shut down the whole program. From my talks with cashiers at WM, very few legitimate customers were using it.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Are you serious?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.