Bluebird Shutdowns

Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:56 am

Wormer dropped the big one

Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by jimbaum
I used mine for the Godiva Amex promo (spend $50 get $10 back). Still was shut down

btw, we were grandfathered Softcards so was loading $1500/mo/card to meet spend requirements of churnable Citi AA Plat cards (was changing CC info every 2 months).
I addition to my 5k monthly loads, I used my Serve for plenty of Christmas purchases this year.
Still shutdown!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:57 am

I just go one for violating 22.d... but I can't seem to find in the T&C. Has anyone called them?

I just tried to transfer from my linked account. 'due to usage pattern, you can no longer add money'. I did what everyone else did as well
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Originally Posted by shadow520
Has ANYONE actually used Serve/BB as a credit card for purchases? Perhaps that was the trigger. I see plenty of people saying they didn't do max loads and only used some BP or checks, but no one has said they used it as a CC. Perhaps that was the trigger? No CC usage, bang, dead?

I know I used RB at Target, but never used my Serve as a CC.
I used by BBs as CCs somewhat regularly for purchases to take advantage of Amex Sync offers (though of course each such purchase has a credit attached to it, so they're not quite "normal").

yep, my Serve VIP has the fee, and was shutdown!

Originally Posted by BrownHP800
They shut down my serve and wife's Bluebird. Strange as she has only ever load 2 $500 cards on that account and has not been accessed in months.

I have a buddy with the new Blue Serve that charges the reload fee and he did not get the email, yet anyway.

Anyone get shut down that has the Serve that charges the fee? Just curious.
I was just billed my first $4.95 monthly fee for my Softserve yesterday and now I get dropped! My 2nd card was an older, regular Serve - also shut down.

However, a 3rd Serve did not (yet) get the email ... not sure why as I just loaded $5 this month and liquidated it already in one transaction.

I guess I should ask for my $4.95 back.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:01 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

I never load via gift cards.

I load 200x5 monthly via a citi amex and spend at a few stores and send the rest to my checking mid month.

In fact I just got amex offer refunds.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:02 am
jyx

looks like only one of my serves is still working. I was able to load $200 from credit card today. Got emails for rest of my cards
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
I just go one for violating 22.d... but I can't seem to find in the T&C. Has anyone called them?

I just tried to transfer from my linked account. 'due to usage pattern, you can no longer add money'. I did what everyone else did as well
Yeah, there's no 22.d. That's interesting.
https://serve.com/legal.html

Both versions have a last modified date of 1/5/16. Hmm, I wonder what they added?
EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread. This is BB. They're right, 22.d is the correct section of the BB T&C:
https://www.bluebird.com/legal/membe...ies-Suspension of Use; Cancellation; Closure
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by tridawg
Done here. Thank god I never have to step in a Walmart again.
THIS. At least I don't have to deal with the people of Walmart, the employees of Walmart, the lines of Walmart, and the parking lots of Walmart, ever again.

I'll add 2 data points:

Received the dreaded email on my 7 month old Serve account 5K a month only SM VGC used to directly pay off bills

Have NOT received the email on the wife's brand new Serve VIP account. Opened December 2015, loaded 5K, have not loaded in January yet. No email yet.

My only concern is if my new Amex Plat is in danger? Anyone know anything about other Amex cards, or should we be good?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by bargainhunter3

Section 22.d, more like Section 22, #4 Suspension of Use; Cancellation; Closure, which states:

"[...]We reserve the right to suspend or close your Account [...] if, among other reasons, [...] (iv) you structure purchases or conduct transactions with your Account, Family Account, SetAside Account and/or Card to manufacture spend [...]"

Wonder if this specific language was always there? As some say, the good die young.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
I never load via gift cards.

I load 200x5 monthly via a citi amex and spend at a few stores and send the rest to my checking mid month.

In fact I just got amex offer refunds.
And you were axed? Not a single gift card load ever in the history of the card? Do you have other Amex prepaid cards?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:08 am

seems to be a compelling case for a class-action on the grounds of discrimination--i would presume that data can show those who were shut down would tend to have a significantly higher level of income than any non-MS users, whom in likelihood were not shutdown.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:11 am

Just as a reference point... I opened a BB account last month (probably exactly a month ago) and have loaded 10x $500 Simon Mall VGCs each month. No shutdown email. I paid one $500 CC bill earlier this week, still have $4500 sitting in account from my January loads.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:11 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mh4ll
And you were axed? Not a single gift card load ever in the history of the card? Do you have other Amex prepaid cards?
Never loaded via a GC ever. Citi Amex for the past year and Chase Visa when that was allowed in the past.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.