Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by isriam
Been out of the game awhile and a friend is asking. Possible to buy vgc at Walgreens then use vgc at Kroger to buy carnival gift card for 4x fuel points? Trying to hit min spend and 5x chase along with fuel points and paying for a cruise.
Yes
isriam likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by svasandani
Yes
thanks
Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:12 am
CDO
Suspended

just a heads up that last gc promo was one per househould, i didnt know it until i did my second transaction and didnt get bonus fp's
Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CDO
just a heads up that last gc promo was one per househould, i didnt know it until i did my second transaction and didnt get bonus fp's
Some had multiple uses around here, last time around I think it was limited to one per account.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:06 am

I wish someone would have mentioned how simple it is to buy VGCs with a CC at any of the two dozen grocery chains that Kroger owns, and to immediately buy money orders at those stores with with the VGCs.

​Kroger owns Baker's, City Market, Copps, Dillon's, Food 4 Less (not all owned by Kroger), Foods Co., Fred Meyer (grocery), Fry's (grocery), Gerbes, Harris Teeter, JayC, King Soopers, Kroger, Lucky's Market, Mariano's, Metro Market, Owen's, Pay Less (grocery), Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralph's, Roundy's, Ruler and Smith's.

VGCs up to $500 are $5.95, MOs were 79˘ at my store, reportedly with a limit of $1,999.99 in total MO purchases per day. Any Qs should go in the Kroger thread.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by pdxuser
I wish someone would have mentioned how simple it is to buy VGCs with a CC at any of the two dozen grocery chains that Kroger owns, and to immediately buy money orders at those stores with with the VGCs.

​Kroger owns Baker's, City Market, Copps, Dillon's, Food 4 Less (not all owned by Kroger), Foods Co., Fred Meyer (grocery), Fry's (grocery), Gerbes, Harris Teeter, JayC, King Soopers, Kroger, Lucky's Market, Mariano's, Metro Market, Owen's, Pay Less (grocery), Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralph's, Roundy's, Ruler and Smith's.

VGCs up to $500 are $5.95, MOs were 79˘ at my store, reportedly with a limit of $1,999.99 in total MO purchases per day. Any Qs should go in the Kroger thread.
YMMV
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:32 am

Kroger owns Baker's, City Market, Copps, Dillon's, Food 4 Less (not all owned by Kroger), Foods Co., Fred Meyer (grocery), Fry's (grocery), Gerbes, Harris Teeter, JayC, King Soopers, Kroger, Lucky's Market, Mariano's, Metro Market, Owen's, Pay Less (grocery), Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralph's, Roundy's, Ruler and Smith's.

I really hope you aren't ripping open the package in store and buying the MO right then and there. Ruining it for everyone.
pilotb757 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:24 am

Too perfect to be sustainable long term. Best to at least buy at one store and liquidate at another.
pilotb757 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
YMMV
This.

It is well known that not all Kroger's (esp in the midwest) accept Debit for MOs. I'm fortunate that I have access to several WMs that are pretty easy to deal with regarding my MO purchases (and have a backup grocery store if needed), but it would be nice to be able to use Kroger's as well. Unfortunately, that option is pretty much only open to me on my trips to LAS when I can hit up multiple Smith's stores.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
I have a question regarding Kroger self-checkout. When purchasing GCs at self-checkout, does it automatically send a warning to the cashier's handheld? I've had the machine lock up on me while buying 2k in GCs, and have had the handheld prompt the cashier to come over at 1k.

Additionally, the cashier scanned my ID and said something about my purchase being "over government regulations." While I know that is mostly BS, does anyone know if I got entered into a database?

Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by brewdog11
I have a question regarding Kroger self-checkout. When purchasing GCs at self-checkout, does it automatically send a warning to the cashier's handheld? I've had the machine lock up on me while buying 2k in GCs, and have had the handheld prompt the cashier to come over at 1k.

Additionally, the cashier scanned my ID and said something about my purchase being "over government regulations." While I know that is mostly BS, does anyone know if I got entered into a database?

Thanks
keep it under 2k per transaction, I believe including fees.

you can do 2 1k (plus fees) transactions back to back.

even in regular check out lanes, I don't think it will let you do 2k in VGCs
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by lumangoy
keep it under 2k per transaction, I believe including fees.

you can do 2 1k (plus fees) transactions back to back.

even in regular check out lanes, I don't think it will let you do 2k in VGCs
Good to know, thanks. If I do more than 2 $1k transactions back to back, will the machine flag staff?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by brewdog11
If I do more than 2 $1k transactions back to back, will the machine flag staff?
Nope, it won't. And there's no need to do 2 $1K transactions either, instead you're fine doing up to $1999.99 including fees per transaction, just don't cross the $2K/transaction threshold.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Dardack
I really hope you aren't ripping open the package in store and buying the MO right then and there. Ruining it for everyone.
Do you mean buying the VGC and MO from the same person so they know what you're doing? You buy the VGC from a regular cashier, then tell customer service you want to buy a MO with debit. Two normal transactions that no one cares about.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:11 pm

Do you mean buying the VGC and MO from the same person so they know what you're doing? You buy the VGC from a regular cashier, then tell customer service you want to buy a MO with debit. Two normal transactions that no one cares about.
How sure are you that no one cares? I've read DPs where some careless MSers have done this and it didn't take long for someone to notice them and it didn't just end the gig for them but others as well. It takes just one keen store personnel to notice and then it's game over for you. Unsolicited advice, if you want to 'milk this cow' for quite sometime, just buy from one store and drain at another; if you prefer to drain at the same store, it's best to come hours later hoping the cashier who sold you GCs has taken a break or is already off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.