Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by carofly
What kind of MCGC is this? I haven't been able to liquidate a couple I have and would like to try at Kroger. Thanks!
US Bank. Bought at Meijer when they were doing their $10 off sale.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
US Bank. Bought at Meijer when they were doing their $10 off sale.
I was so tempted to buy that one, but ended up not as I just couldn't figure out what to do with it and I have been warned not to use them at WM. Good to know, thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by pritomd
Does Kroger Bill Pay allow CC payments? Haven't tried, but website makes it seem like it's just utilities/rent and the like...a search for 'Citi' or 'Amex / American Express' didn't have any results...
Mine did, but wanted to keep a copy of the paper bill on file and wouldn't let me sharpie out any of the 16 digit card number. Took a pass.
Old May 9, 2018, 9:44 am
Suspended

Has anyone bought the $100 gc's for 4x and does it stack as there is an extra double FP this summer?
Old May 9, 2018, 9:47 am

are there less variables in other Kroger's? the 3 Krogers that I frequent have very little variable VGCs/MCGCs
Old May 9, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by lumangoy
are there less variables in other Kroger's? the 3 Krogers that I frequent have very little variable VGCs/MCGCs
No, enough supply of them in my neck of the woods. Visas on both, Black and Colorful designs for Variables. I really do not care about MasterCards, as I have never bought one and never will, as long as the Visas keep working flawlessly at Wally.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Has anyone bought the $100 gc's for 4x and does it stack as there is an extra double FP this summer?
I bought a couple $100 VGCs the last day of April to put my counter at 2,000 Fuel Points aprox to close the month, an had no problem getting the 4 X Fuel Points.
I then bought a $100 VGC on the last day of the 4X Fuel Points coupon on May 2nd, and only got 2X Fuel Points (Debating if I should call them)
After that, on May 4, I got a Customer Appreciation 200 Extra Fuel Points coupon on 1 X $100 VGC, one time use only, which I used and got 200 + 200 CA = 400 Fuel Points

No, they do not stack. Max I have gotten has been 400 Fuel Points for a $100 VGC, offsetting the fee via 5% cash back card (total cost of those 400 FP is $0.95)
Old May 9, 2018, 2:05 pm

At the start of this quarter, my local Kroger was out of $500 variables for 3 weeks straight. There's plenty now though.
Old May 10, 2018, 5:52 pm

I haven't had any shortage in my neck of the woods for my fuel point purchases.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Hi all, I have a question about fuel points and returns.

If I purchase something from Kroger and then return it, will I get to keep the fuel points? Asking because I need to know if I should get gas before I return some cleaning supplies.
Old May 11, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by brewdog11
Hi all, I have a question about fuel points and returns.

If I purchase something from Kroger and then return it, will I get to keep the fuel points? Asking because I need to know if I should get gas before I return some cleaning supplies.
only if you give them your kroger card or phone number will the take the points
brewdog11 likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by gshumaker
only if you give them your kroger card or phone number will they take the points
Can't they get that information from your receipt?
Old May 12, 2018, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia

Can't they get that information from your receipt?
dont think so

they have always asked for my card or phone number
Old May 12, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Originally Posted by gshumaker
dont think so

they have always asked for my card or phone number
It depends on the division. Some Kroger divisions (Fred Meyer, and certain Smiths) will scan a barcode on your receipt for the return. You will definitely have a fuel point adjustment for the return in those stores. So in those cases if you do what you describe, your fuel points will go "negative" and future purchases will work them back up to being positive. I'm not sure what happens if you close a month out with negative fuel points (if it takes from the next month or what).

Others, even if they take your phone number or loyalty card, seem to not take away the fuel points if you return something. However, if you return something, it would seem to me you owe the fuel points back to Kroger anyway... right?

Their policy, technically, is that a loyalty card is supposed to be input for all refunds. But the register doesn't force it (since some purchases are made without a loyalty card)...
Old May 13, 2018, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Nope, didnt stack...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.