Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:46 am
Suspended

Hey Y'all, does the 4x vgc/mcgc going on now work on multiple gc's? Says one coupon per item which i think means can buy more than one. Not that this is a great deal or anything but need to scrape for anything i can.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
Hey Y'all, does the 4x vgc/mcgc going on now work on multiple gc's? Says one coupon per item which i think means can buy more than one. Not that this is a great deal or anything but need to scrape for anything i can.
Bought plenty of GC and VGC yesterday and they all coded as 4X FP. Also, still have the coupons in my app, so will continue to buy more on April 1st.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Bought plenty of GC and VGC yesterday and they all coded as 4X FP. Also, still have the coupons in my app, so will continue to buy more on April 1st.
The coupon says "Offer excludes Mastercard® and/or Visa® Variable Load Gift Cards" but you are saying VGCs did get 4X including $500 VGCs? Or are you saying the fixed Visa GCs got 4X?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by ncfinfan
The coupon says "Offer excludes Mastercard® and/or Visa® Variable Load Gift Cards" but you are saying VGCs did get 4X including $500 VGCs? Or are you saying the fixed Visa GCs got 4X?
Variable load VGCs/MCGCs never get fuel points. Only the fixed values do.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by ncfinfan
Who said I bought variables (well, I did, but those are for the OBC $50K cap ), I bought plenty of $100 VGC and got my Fuel Points replenished. Also, got 5% back on each $100 VGC, making the 400 Fuel Points cost me only $0.95 cents
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Who said I bought variables (well, I did, but those are for the OBC $50K cap ), I bought plenty of $100 VGC and got my Fuel Points replenished. Also, got 5% back on each $100 VGC, making the 400 Fuel Points cost me only $0.95 cents
5% from chase's mobile pay for this quarter?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:40 am

does vanilla vgc still work at kroger for MO? it showed not authorized / declined a vanilla vgc bought at HEB; know that OV doesn't work, but vanilla worked in the past
Old Apr 3, 2018, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
does vanilla vgc still work at kroger for MO? it showed not authorized / declined a vanilla vgc bought at HEB; know that OV doesn't work, but vanilla worked in the past
nvm, went back & worked for a MO this evening; guess that for some reasons, can't liquidate immediately after purchase
also, up to how much at cash register can we buy at 1 time? does kroger set an amount limit?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
also, up to how much at cash register can we buy at 1 time? does kroger set an amount limit?
Signs at my Kroger say that purchases greater than $2000 have to be done at the money center, but I don't think there's a hard limit beyond that restriction. Its at the discretion of the clerk and/or manager at that point.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Coming back from Kroger, first time purchasing a variable VGC; is it normal to not get ANY fuel points for these cards?
Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by carofly
Coming back from Kroger, first time purchasing a variable VGC; is it normal to not get ANY fuel points for these cards?
Thanks
yes, only fixed VGC earn fuel points.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
yes, only fixed VGC earn fuel points.
Oh well, live and learn.
Thanks, Lumangoy.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Does Kroger Bill Pay allow CC payments? Haven't tried, but website makes it seem like it's just utilities/rent and the like...a search for 'Citi' or 'Amex / American Express' didn't have any results...
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:23 pm

Bought a $495 money order at Kroger using a $500 MasterCard gift card. Looking at the receipt, it says "Remaining Balance: 4.15" (The other $0.85 is the MO fee). My takeaway from this is that the machine knows when we use a gebit instead of a regular debit.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
Bought a $495 money order at Kroger using a $500 MasterCard gift card. Looking at the receipt, it says "Remaining Balance: 4.15" (The other $0.85 is the MO fee). My takeaway from this is that the machine knows when we use a gebit instead of a regular debit.
What kind of MCGC is this? I haven't been able to liquidate a couple I have and would like to try at Kroger. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.