Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by knopfler
I tried to use one of my banished cards last night and still got the Not Authorized message so I'm thinking these cards are permanently banned from Kroger.
This is news to me... which cards have been banished?!

I found out yesterday I couldn't use my Kroger GC to buy a third party GC yesterday. A CC getting banned? How would they know? are you using your Kroger plus number with CC?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Ended up with 6x

I bought a normal GC and ended up with 6x with the weekend 4x plus normal 2x.

However, my market is one of those up to 20 cents off per fillup so there is no benefit to maximise unlike Albertsons.

The 40 cents used to be a separate reward so that it actually can be used all at once, but now they went to all one big pile of points.

Rasheed
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
This is news to me... which cards have been banished?!

I found out yesterday I couldn't use my Kroger GC to buy a third party GC yesterday. A CC getting banned? How would they know? are you using your Kroger plus number with CC?
Any cards that were used for heavy MS at Kroger, it's not specific to card type.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:31 pm

I live outside of Memphis TN and my local Kroger stopped excepting GC Am I missing something here? Can GC be used at some Krogers to buy MO?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by gohogs34
I live outside of Memphis TN and my local Kroger stopped excepting GC Am I missing something here? Can GC be used at some Krogers to buy MO?
Most Kroger's around DFW area stopped a while ago, but it's really YMMV. If you get the right employee and don't split payment you can sometimes leave with a MO.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Kroger timing

I still buy MO at Kroger, and WM. I usually buy my cards at Kroger and spend next day at WM. Years ago, I tried to spend the cards, right after purchasing, and some did not work right away. So I got in this routine. It would be more efficient use of my time to buy 4 cards a K , go out to car, unwrap cards , go back in same store, buy MO. Then go next door to ATM, and deposit.
do you have a routine of cycling your Kroger cards this fast, or do you find it often takes a little longer for the cards to complete the activation process.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by beachmiles
I still buy MO at Kroger, and WM. I usually buy my cards at Kroger and spend next day at WM. Years ago, I tried to spend the cards, right after purchasing, and some did not work right away. So I got in this routine. It would be more efficient use of my time to buy 4 cards a K , go out to car, unwrap cards , go back in same store, buy MO. Then go next door to ATM, and deposit.
do you have a routine of cycling your Kroger cards this fast, or do you find it often takes a little longer for the cards to complete the activation process.
Sounds like a good way to burn the store.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by rasheed

However, my market is one of those up to 20 cents off per fill-up so there is no benefit to maximize unlike Albertsons/Safeway.
Looks like Ralphs went up to $1 from 20 cents max per gallon off at both Shell and Ralphs Fuel Centers. This is much more lucrative and was primarily/only? done to encourage gift card sales. This promo is only a test through 2/28/18, but might be extended. I do not know if this applies to F4L fuel centers (there are a few of those) who had a limit of only 10 cents off, but you can accrue points at F4L to use at Shell and Ralphs on the same Kroger account. With survey and reusable bag points, Kroger/Ralphs has really made it easier to save at the pump (including no credit card surcharge at the pump and not needing to get a store gift card for fuel).

Rasheed
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:37 pm

Hi everyone,

1) my Kroger still accepts debit card for Money order purchase;
2) Kroger POS can auto drain visa debit card for standard pruchase;

My question: does Kroger POS in their money center also auto drain debit card? If it does, it will save me to ask cashier to split the total to several transactions every time. Anyone has experience? Thank you very much!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold
Meta VGCs still problematic? Haven't tried them there in a while.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:04 am

Get 4x FUEL POINTS when you buy a participating TRAVEL CATEGORY Gift Card. Exp 01/23/2018

load coupon

qualifying GCs
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by foolvivi
Hi everyone,
My question: does Kroger POS in their money center also auto drain debit card? If it does, it will save me to ask cashier to split the total to several transactions every time. Anyone has experience? Thank you very much!
Please don't irritate the clerk with a lot of split tenders or you will wear out your welcome (and burn for everyone else). Personally, I limit each visit to two $999.30 MOs, with 4X swipes. They need to key in the first 3 $500, the 4th swipe is for remaining balance. Takes about 90 seconds start-to-finish.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Henla
Meta VGCs still problematic? Haven't tried them there in a while.
My Kroger eats up anything I feed it, including Meta cards, also Vanillas from CVS.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:13 am

Meta Vanillas still don't work as far as I know.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by tuphat
Please don't irritate the clerk with a lot of split tenders or you will wear out your welcome (and burn for everyone else). Personally, I limit each visit to two $999.30 MOs, with 4X swipes. They need to key in the first 3 $500, the 4th swipe is for remaining balance. Takes about 90 seconds start-to-finish.
Very nice. Most of the Krogers I go to won't accept debit gift cards anymore, but don't notice if I do a single swipe. I've gotten into the routine of purchasing $494 gift cards through self checkout, and then doing $493 MOs (I vary the amount some).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.