Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by tuphat
Senior moment -- Can a One Vanilla Visa be used at Kroger to purchase MO?

Edit: Answering my own question: yes, they work fine.
u probably had the standard vanilla? one vanilla (OV) didn't work before, unless there's recent change
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:58 am

Anyone have problems buying Money Orders with Master Card Debit gift card issued by U.S. Bank National Association. I never had problems with them before. I tried at my local Fry's and it said invaild PIN, I tried three times. Then went to USPS PO and they said general card decline. Tried 2 times. Anyone else have these problems with these cards?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by cree
Anyone have problems buying Money Orders with Master Card Debit gift card issued by U.S. Bank National Association. I never had problems with them before. I tried at my local Fry's and it said invaild PIN, I tried three times. Then went to USPS PO and they said general card decline. Tried 2 times. Anyone else have these problems with these cards?
​​​​​​Have you checked balance on card?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 6:47 pm

Does Kroger allow gift cards to be purchased with Kroger gift cards?
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: US Airways Chmn,SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond,Club Carlson Gold,Hyatt Plat,Avis FP,IHG Plat,Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by GreaterIndy
No.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by GreaterIndy
I've used MasterCard and Visa GCs to buy other GCs, even other MasterCard and Visa GCs
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
u probably had the standard vanilla? one vanilla (OV) didn't work before, unless there's recent change
Hi there, fairly new to MS and wondering if it's possible to buy a MO at Kroger with GC? If so, which ones are most successful? Didn't see a list posted anywhere on what works/what doesn't. I have a few metabanks I'd like to unload somewhere...
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by carrie042882
Hi there, fairly new to MS and wondering if it's possible to buy a MO at Kroger with GC? If so, which ones are most successful? Didn't see a list posted anywhere on what works/what doesn't. I have a few metabanks I'd like to unload somewhere...
ymmv by region/state.

if you do to want to share your location, give it a try.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
ymmv by region/state.

if you do to want to share your location, give it a try.

sure I live in cincinnati, ohio and have kroger everywhere so if something like this works it would be pretty ideal. if I give it a shot, should I treat it like I do when I get MOs from walmart? for example, get a MO for 199.30 with a $200 VGC?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
sure I live in cincinnati, ohio and have kroger everywhere so if something like this works it would be pretty ideal. if I give it a shot, should I treat it like I do when I get MOs from walmart? for example, get a MO for 199.30 with a $200 VGC?
Since you shelling out 70 cents for the MO, why not redeem 4 $200 VGCs.
Tell the CSR , "I'd like a money order for $799.30." Let them type it into their machine. Then say "I'd like to split pay it $200 , $200 on 4 debit cards , til it's done". More efficient this way
Old Jul 4, 2017, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by beachmiles
Since you shelling out 70 cents for the MO, why not redeem 4 $200 VGCs.
Tell the CSR , "I'd like a money order for $799.30." Let them type it into their machine. Then say "I'd like to split pay it $200 , $200 on 4 debit cards , til it's done". More efficient this way
until bumping to some cashiers / stores that want to check the cards then refuse to sell
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:39 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by danhouston
until bumping to some cashiers / stores that want to check the cards then refuse to sell
Cincinnati is Kroger country. A lot of stores to sample, til you find the right one. I live in SC, only 2 Kroger in my area. One is no help. One is perfect for me.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by beachmiles
Cincinnati is Kroger country. A lot of stores to sample, til you find the right one. I live in SC, only 2 Kroger in my area. One is no help. One is perfect for me.
Yes, because making shady looking split transactions has worked so well at WM, USPS, etc. Stop being greedy and be patient before you ruin it for everyone.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt
what part of town?

I can give you the low down on the west side for MS traffic
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by shitrus
what part of town?

I can give you the low down on the west side for MS traffic
nice! I am central (norwood) - do you get MOs from Kroger here? tried a walmart in west chester last week and they denied me. trying to figure out the sweet spots

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.