Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by mcRib
is "not authorized" sometimes a timing issue? hoping really that's the case! i'll try some other time. got the ovvgc from WG (5.95 fee) and about 15 minutes later i tried to get an MO with it and got the "not authorized" msg. tried 2x. i had to use my real debit card as i requested 2 MOs. $998 and $498 and didn't wanna hold up the line, create a scene, raise suspicion or something. fwiw, the ones from 7/11 ($4.95 fee ones) worked without a hitch. *more than 1.5 hr after purchase.
I know Vanilla cards from 7-Eleven have a 30 min redemption delay built in. It is quite possible Walgreen Vanillas also have a similar restriction.
mcRib likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:08 pm

What gift cards earn fuel points? Bought a $100 fixed value visa gc today at fred meyer, didn't earn any fuel points for it!
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:26 pm

anyone knows purchase of online gc at kroger online will earn 4x fuel reward & category CCs pts? TIA
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by stormpelt
What gift cards earn fuel points? Bought a $100 fixed value visa gc today at fred meyer, didn't earn any fuel points for it!
Technically all v/mc cards dont earn FPs but sometimes they do. Its been an absolute crap shoot and nowhere to turn unless there is a specific promo.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by EL3V3N
Technically all v/mc cards dont earn FPs but sometimes they do. Its been an absolute crap shoot and nowhere to turn unless there is a specific promo.
Not true. The terms only exclude the variable load V/MC GCs and I've never failed to get fuel points on fixed value VGCs from Kroger in over 2.5 years of monthly purchases.

Currently there is a 4x digital coupon specifically FOR fixed value V/MC GCs, which also excludes variable load.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by shadow520
Not true. The terms only exclude the variable load V/MC GCs and I've never failed to get fuel points on fixed value VGCs from Kroger in over 2.5 years of monthly purchases.

Currently there is a 4x digital coupon specifically FOR fixed value V/MC GCs, which also excludes variable load.
I had that 4x loaded, and it still didn't work. I shop at Fred Meyer though, maybe specific stores are different?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by stormpelt
I had that 4x loaded, and it still didn't work. I shop at Fred Meyer though, maybe specific stores are different?
I have never had any problems with the 4X coupons at Fred Meyer. You are undoubtedly aware that the 4X for Visa GCs is typically a separate coupon from the 4X for merchant gift cards.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by mcRib
is "not authorized" sometimes a timing issue? hoping really that's the case! i'll try some other time. got the ovvgc from WG (5.95 fee) and about 15 minutes later i tried to get an MO with it and got the "not authorized" msg. tried 2x. i had to use my real debit card as i requested 2 MOs. $998 and $498 and didn't wanna hold up the line, create a scene, raise suspicion or something. fwiw, the ones from 7/11 ($4.95 fee ones) worked without a hitch. *more than 1.5 hr after purchase.
Originally Posted by svasandani
I know Vanilla cards from 7-Eleven have a 30 min redemption delay built in. It is quite possible Walgreen Vanillas also have a similar restriction.
There is definitely a redemption delay on ovvgc bought from WG. Not sure exactly how long it is, or if it is random, but I have gotten the "not authorized" a few times with different cards. Now I typically buy them on the way home from work and recycle them the next morning, so that I don't have to worry about getting the "not authorized" message.
mcRib likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:56 pm

Who is the issuer for the variable load GC's available at kroger?
Also, can these be liquidated easily at walmart?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by el_pistolero
Who is the issuer for the variable load GC's available at kroger?
Also, can these be liquidated easily at walmart?
US Bank. I just bought one today to test liquidation at local grocery. Worked for me. Others can chime in for Wal-Mart, but I want to say yes...
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:37 am

Question about Kroger Fuel Points -

At Kroger I can only redeem 1000 fuel points ($1 per gallon) per fill up. If I have lets say 3000 Kroger Fuel Points, am I able to use all 3000 ($3 per gallon) at Shell stations?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:44 am

"
https://www.kroger.com/topic/fuel-program

Last edited by atc1; Sep 22, 2018 at 1:44 pm Reason: edit
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:40 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by atc1
"
Question about Kroger Fuel Points -
At Kroger I can only redeem 1000 fuel points ($1 per gallon) per fill up. If I have lets say 3000 Kroger Fuel Points, am I able to use all 3000 ($3 per gallon) at Shell stations?"https://www.kroger.com/topic/fuel-program
Depends on the state but its mostly $1 off.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:49 am

Denied at two Kroger brands today for MO purchase. A sign was posted at one that said effective immediately no gift cards are allowed for MO purchase. Was able to unload them at a different one in a different part of the city. Definitely not hard coded, but I've never had a cashier look at my card.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:15 am

It was BAU for me at 2 kroger brands in the northwest on 9/24. Occasionally signs are posted stating they don't accept gift cards for MO but it's generally YMMV with or without the sign. Would hope this isn't the start of a nationwide crackdown on gebits like Kroger did a couple years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.