Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Southwest RR, Alaska Mileage Plan™
Get 4x FUEL POINTS on FRI - SAT - SUN Only when you buy a participating gift card. Download the coupon from 1/22/18 - 1/28/18, then redeem from 1/26/18 - 1/28/18. *Restrictions apply, see store for details.

Exp 01/28 2 days left!

This is in addition to the Vias/ MC 4x fuel points mentioned above.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:27 am

Tried to buy a $490 MO with an OV yesterday and it got a "Not Authorized" on the POS two times. I checked that the card was loaded and activated and bought a bottle of shampoo for my wife with no issues.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by calmasahinducow
Tried to buy a $490 MO with an OV yesterday and it got a "Not Authorized" on the POS two times. I checked that the card was loaded and activated and bought a bottle of shampoo for my wife with no issues.
OV worked fine for me yesterday on MO purchase. South East USA.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:34 am

4x fuel points for GCs this weekend with digital coupon.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:18 pm

Had the same problem today trying to buy a money order at both a Kroger and a Martin's with a OV... hopefully it's just a "glitch"
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:16 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by shadow520
variables too?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by CDO
variables too?
Alas, no. It specifically excludes the variables. Doesn't mention the set $200 cards, but I don't think Kroger carries them.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by shadow520
not much interest on these fixed vgc unless the fee is waived
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:49 am

OV Visa or Mastercard? If MC, I don't think they work at Kroger.

Also, Metabank OV don't work at all.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:30 am

Does the Bill Pay at Kroger have any MS utility, similar to bp at WM?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by GreaterIndy
OV Visa or Mastercard? If MC, I don't think they work at Kroger.

Also, Metabank OV don't work at all.
It was a Visa and not a Metabank OV...anyone else have any recent success or failure DPs?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by shenvatele
Had the same problem today trying to buy a money order at both a Kroger and a Martin's with a OV... hopefully it's just a "glitch"
Had a similar issue at mine, but even at the self-checkout station, when trying to buy a candy bar, it would not work via PIN. It worked via CREDIT, so I wonder if there's a glitch or if something's going on? Never had this issue before.

Located in metro Atlanta.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:22 pm
CDO
Suspended

They have 4x on select GCs, not much use for me but figured to highlight.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
While checking out at Kroger today, I saw a sign that said "NEW: Cash your debit card in any checklane" and it had a $3 fee. Is this just getting cash from your debit card as normal, or is there any way to use VGC? It says in the fine print that it's only available with transactions using PIN...which could be possible. Since it was 'new' wasn't sure if there's some way to use this..
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by pritomd
While checking out at Kroger today, I saw a sign that said "NEW: Cash your debit card in any checklane" and it had a $3 fee. Is this just getting cash from your debit card as normal, or is there any way to use VGC? It says in the fine print that it's only available with transactions using PIN...which could be possible. Since it was 'new' wasn't sure if there's some way to use this..
I wonder if this has any relation to what happened to me last night. I went to my regular store to buy money orders and now I'm being required to fill out a form and provide ID. I'm hoping it is just because it was a new employee. I'm not sure if they lowered the limit for which they are required to file a report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.