Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Ah, I thought the max discount at Shell was 10 cents per trip? I don't have access to a kroger gas station.
I think the max discount is 10 cents per gallon in most of the country (I know it is in the DFW area), but I remember people saying in the Pacific NW that Shell had a max discount of $1 per gallon, so apparently the max discount varies by region.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by BigYellowDog
A King Soopers limited my fill-up to 25 gallons today. The pumps still says 35 gallons max.
Did you fill up at night? My experience in the DFW area for the past couple of years has been if I fill up before 9pm the max is 35 gallons. If I fill up after 10pm the max is 25 gallons. Not sure about between 9pm and 10pm as I always try to get there before 9pm to be safe.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
Originally Posted by knopfler
Did you fill up at night? My experience in the DFW area for the past couple of years has been if I fill up before 9pm the max is 35 gallons. If I fill up after 10pm the max is 25 gallons. Not sure about between 9pm and 10pm as I always try to get there before 9pm to be safe.

Thanks for the feedback. I filled up shortly after 5am. Next fill-up I'll make sure it's a reasonable time of day and see what happens.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by knopfler
I think the max discount is 10 cents per gallon in most of the country (I know it is in the DFW area), but I remember people saying in the Pacific NW that Shell had a max discount of $1 per gallon, so apparently the max discount varies by region.
The max discount at Shell seems to be different for the different Kroger subsidiaries. You can search on google for "<store name> shell points" and look at the FAQ for your store. For Ralphs, it's 20 cents. For Kroger, 10 cents (100 points). For Fred Meyer, 1,000 points which would be $1.
And at Ralphs at least, when they have a special promotion offering 40 cents off per gallon, that works (even though it's more than the normal max); I don't know if Kroger/Fred Meyer/etc do that too.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Kroger (Smiths) in Nevada and Utah has posted numerous signs at its checkouts now saying all gift card purchases with Credit must show ID and must match the last 4 digits on the card to what shows up on the terminal.

I never ratted Kroger out for its old $100+ gift card transactions with Credit require ID policy which was a violation of Visa and MasterCard Rules but this new policy and all these signs they have posted all over the checkouts, self checkouts, and gift card racks has crossed the line.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:21 pm

My local Ralphs has removed all variables. I'm in LA area.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My local Ralphs has removed all variables. I'm in LA area.
I was able to get a variable today at Ralph's SFV area. Did you see your store remove them or they just out of stock?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by storewanderer
Kroger (Smiths) in Nevada and Utah has posted numerous signs at its checkouts now saying all gift card purchases with Credit must show ID and must match the last 4 digits on the card to what shows up on the terminal.

I never ratted Kroger out for its old $100+ gift card transactions with Credit require ID policy which was a violation of Visa and MasterCard Rules but this new policy and all these signs they have posted all over the checkouts, self checkouts, and gift card racks has crossed the line.
I suppose they could fix that by switching to cash only.

I'm not sure why you're complaining. Kroger treats us pretty nicely, as actual customers and not like criminals like at WM. Part of that is likely because they have this simple step to help protect themselves from fraudulent activity while serving legit customers like us.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:23 am

Why would you have a problem with this unless you are one of the scammers ruining it for the rest of us by using a fraudulent card?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:20 am

Wow why would you do this when multiple grocery chains are dropping variable gift card sales? Just be happy you can still buy at Kroger. I sure am. I'll happily give them my ID to keep being able to purchase.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver

Their policy seems perfectly reasonable to me. So, V/MC requires store owners to let people buy hundreds/thousands of dollars of merchandise, using a form of payment that is easily forged, without some sort of verification? Not requiring ID for a candy bar or a cart of groceries is one thing. But not for a handful of $500 gift cards? Or even one? That's a huge risk for the store. Frankly, I'm somewhat astounded that it's taken them this long to establish/enforce such a policy.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:55 am

Kroger has been asking for ID for any gift card purchases over $100 or so in the DFW area for at least a year. I always have my license out before I even get to the register so they don't even have to ask me for it. I always step up with credit card, license and kroger card in hand, and peel off the tabs from the back of the cards before I get to the register to make the purchase process as easy as possible for the employee.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 12:34 pm

Kroger in MI enters driver's license info (after credit card is swiped) before the transaction will go through.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: Too many to list
So what are those US Bank issued cards from Kroger good for? I wasn't able to pay for MO at Kroger with it, nor did it work at BB kiosk or WM money center.
I know for sure I was able to get MO with them this summer. Did something change?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:29 pm

I have no issue using US Bank VGCs at WM money center. ( No Kates for me. all my 4 nearby Kates have been disabled all functions except ATM button ). I never use US Bank GCs at Kroger for MO. I only use Vanilla GCs or Simon GCs since they are cheaper or easier to purchase.

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
So what are those US Bank issued cards from Kroger good for? I wasn't able to pay for MO at Kroger with it, nor did it work at BB kiosk or WM money center.
I know for sure I was able to get MO with them this summer. Did something change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.