Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by knopfler
I got "Not Authorized" on two different Amex cards this morning at Kroger. I then used a Chase and it went through fine. Was your "Not Authorized" card an AMex? Was the card that went through fine not an Amex?
Odd. My Not Authorized was Visa and my Authorized was Amex. I had been using my Visa hard (on order of 10K a day for a while) so I was wondering if they banned that one card from being used. Maybe its something odd today at Kroger? Or maybe they went through and did a purge of high spend cards?

Did you use your Amex at a different store to test? How much were you doing on the Amexes? That was the first thing I did was head to the dollar store and make a small purchase that went through fine on the Visa.

Last edited by cdog999; Oct 10, 2017 at 8:40 am
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
Odd. My Not Authorized was Visa and my Authorized was Amex. I had been using my Visa hard (on order of 10K a day for a while) so I was wondering if they banned that one card from being used. Maybe its something odd today at Kroger? Or maybe they went through and did a purge of high spend cards?

Did you use your Amex at a different store to test? How much were you doing on the Amexes? That was the first thing I did was head to the dollar store and make a small purchase that went through fine on the Visa.
Both of the Amex's that were declined this morning were definitely high MS spend cards at Kroger, like you sometimes $10k a day. I have only tried the one store so far today. The Chase card that was approved I hardly ever use for MS so you might be on to something about the high spend card thing. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch. I'll try some more stores (Kroger and Tom Thumb/Safeway later today).
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:28 am

Both of the Amex's that were declined this morning were definitely high MS spend cards at Kroger, like you sometimes $10k a day. I have only tried the one store so far today. The Chase card that was approved I hardly ever use for MS so you might be on to something about the high spend card thing. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch. I'll try some more stores (Kroger and Tom Thumb/Safeway later today).
10k a day? Are you doing that in1 transaction?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
10k a day? Are you doing that in1 transaction?
No, usually $1500 per transaction.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:16 pm

Seems like the decline is too long for a velocity limit. Will check back in tomorrow but not looking good
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:17 pm

Seems like the decline is too long for a velocity limit. Will check back in tomorrow but not looking good
so no more VGCs by CC?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
so no more VGCs by CC?
Well at this point only cdog999 and myself have experienced this that we know of, and it was only on certain cards that we had both used fairly heavily at krogers. So it appears to be either a software update where kroger is blocking certain cc's or hopefully it's just some temporary glitch.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:15 pm

Programs: All of them
Well at this point only cdog999 and myself have experienced this that we know of, and it was only on certain cards that we had both used fairly heavily at krogers. So it appears to be either a software update where kroger is blocking certain cc's or hopefully it's just some temporary glitch.
You're in dire straits my friend
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
You're in dire straits my friend
Indeed...need another way to find some miles for nothin and points for free.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor

Kroger will absolutely block certain card numbers from their system. I did two 10 cent transactions and had one of my card numbers banned from Kroger for about three days. Why did I do two 10 cent transactions? I was in California right after the bag ban went through, and the self checkouts had no bags to take. So I went to buy one from a regular cashier and charged 10 cents. Repeated same process at another Ralphs the same day, went back the next day, card no longer would work there. Called issuer and was told they were not even seeing the authorization requests. Tried card again at Ralphs the next couple days, same, "not authorized" message, and finally on the third day it worked again.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by storewanderer
Kroger will absolutely block certain card numbers from their system. I did two 10 cent transactions and had one of my card numbers banned from Kroger for about three days. Why did I do two 10 cent transactions? I was in California right after the bag ban went through, and the self checkouts had no bags to take. So I went to buy one from a regular cashier and charged 10 cents. Repeated same process at another Ralphs the same day, went back the next day, card no longer would work there. Called issuer and was told they were not even seeing the authorization requests. Tried card again at Ralphs the next couple days, same, "not authorized" message, and finally on the third day it worked again.
Thanks for the info. I hope this is a three day ban...I can handle three days!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: Several dozen
I want my, I want my MSTV.

Indeed...need another way to find some miles for nothin and points for free.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:34 am

If the deal is dead, mind sharing what you were doing at $10k/day? Now I'm really curious.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:14 am

Thanks for the info. I hope this is a three day ban...I can handle three days!
Not Authorized again as of this morning. Day 2 for me right now. Hoping its just a 3 day ban.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
Not Authorized again as of this morning. Day 2 for me right now. Hoping its just a 3 day ban.

Ask your bank why it's declined. If they don't see the transaction, it's likely Kroger. If they do, they can explain why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.