Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
This is the 2016 and onwards Bluebird thread.

The original discussion. The previous 2013- 2014 megathread. The previous 2015 megathread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read the wiki before posting a question.

The most recent huge wave of shutdowns occurred in May 2019.

Most accounts used for MS were shut down on Jan 8, 2016. Another wave of shutdowns occurred on March 4, 2016. Using Bluebird for MS is very likely to lead to account closure. There is no clear pattern as to how to avoid the account shut-downs. Some of the dormant accounts were not shut down.

Check your BB load limits BEFORE asking in this thread about "tender not allowed" or any other errors.

Bluebird website. There's no need to buy a Bluebird kit in-store; sign-up free on the website.

For information on switching from BB to Serve, see the Serve thread wiki.

Bluebird Load Limits:
  • Cash loading: $2,500 ($1,999.99 at Walmart) per card per day; $9,000 per day all BB cards combined; $5,000 total per calendar month each card; $10,000 calendar month and $100,000 per year all BB cards combined for each SSN.
  • Direct Deposit: $100,000 per year
  • Online Debit Card Load* - $200/day and $1,000/month
  • Checking/Savings Account - $2,000/month
  • Mobile Check Capture by Ingo® Money - $5,000/day and $10,000/month
  • ATM Withdrawals - $750/day and $2,000/month

The cash load limit for a temp card is $1,500 total.

*For online debit load, only use of bank-issued cards is allowed. The use of pre-paid debit cards (Netspend, Paypower, Univision, Paypal, etc.) and VGC/MGC/AGCs is not allowed. Your account will be flagged upon first/second attempt. If blocked, call Account Protection Services at 1-800-660-2454 to clear it (9am-8pm EST, Mon-Fri).

The day currently resets around midnight Eastern/11pm Central/10pm Mountain/9pm Pacific.

For online bill pay
  • You can pay the credit card that you used to buy reloads
  • Error 1302 means that you have 1 pending payment the same amount as the one you just submitted. For example, 1000 bill pay to sapphire preferred from Friday and then on Saturday you submit another bill pay for 1000 to sapphire preferred, you will get this error.
  • Tip: if using online bill pay to the same place multiple times, vary your amounts by $0.01 to make it easier to track since your confirmation number does not match the tracking number on your credit card statement

Loading with debit card at Walmart
Self checkout does not work for loading.

Many Walmart stores are enforcing a rule against the use of gift cards when loading, even though the register and the MCE do not enforce. Do not make your prepaid debit cards visible. Show them a bank debit card if asked. Otherwise, you may be asked by management to never visit the MC again to load with gift cards.

Loads at register over $500 will sometimes trigger ID requirement. There is a limit of four swipes per transaction; this means your card plus three payments.

If your card doesn't say "debit" on the front, it isn't a debit card.

Please see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...bit-cards.html for additional information on using prepaid debit cards.

Training a WM cashier:
  • If the WM cashier doesn't know how to load the card, advise them to enter "70" then press "action code".
  • If you are using a temp card that doesn't have your name on it, you can swipe the card from your side of the terminal. The WM rep never has to touch any of your cards. The screen will say "enter account." That is your prompt to slide the card.
  • The terminal will ask the WM employee if you are loading in multiples of $2000. Advise them to enter "no."
  • Avoid saying gift card. Always refer to your card as a debit card.

Error Messages:
DEBIT NOT AVAILABLE
Received when I used a card I thought I had activated but hadn't.

DEBIT NOT APPROVED
Received when the card's monthly load limit had been reached.

TENDER NOT ALLOWED
Card was incorrectly read, or wrong PIN entered .

HOST TIMEOUT
Connection problems. The GC may be drained but the transaction should reverse itself, and funds will become available again. Try again later.

Print Wikipost

Bluebird master thread (2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
Yesterday, my Amex Serve OneVIP didn't work at Dollar General. The cashier said the system wouldn't accept it. I assumed she was scanning the wrong barcode, but I didn't want to make a scene. Maybe there's a problem with the Serve network.
Probably you are right, I can login my BlueBird account and checked also if any emails from AmEx about account suspended or closed...........nothing.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:26 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Today got an error "Debit not approved. Call authorizer" with BB at MC @ WM. First time getting such error. Other BB is fine. Fund never came off the GC.

But is able to link a debit card to fund the account. So it does not seem the account is frozen.

Update: mis-calculated the total load $$. Exceeding the limit for the month. Cards are all fine.

Last edited by RedSun; Oct 23, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
Today got an error "Debit not approved. Call authorizer" with BB at MC @ WM. First time getting such error. Other BB is fine. Fund never came off the GC.

But is able to link a debit card to fund the account. So it does not seem the account is frozen.

Update: mis-calculated the total load $$. Exceeding the limit for the month. Cards are all fine.
Exactly the same situation here. I was able to load $1000 yesterday but not 1999.00, just realised exceeded $5000 monthly cash deposit. Do you know the monthly means 30 days or the calendar month? Has the daily limit gone up from $1999 to $2500?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by prasha11
Exactly the same situation here. I was able to load $1000 yesterday but not 1999.00, just realised exceeded $5000 monthly cash deposit. Do you know the monthly means 30 days or the calendar month? Has the daily limit gone up from $1999 to $2500?
To me, it seems to be calendar month. I can load $2,000 per day, but never tried to load more than that.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:07 pm
Suspended

I tried to load a BB card I registered months ago, but never used. The first $500 is fine at WM. But the 2nd load is rejected, saying debit not authorized. The GC is fine.

Is this because of the new card? I tried to load $5 from debit card I added later and it worked. So the account is not frozen. But why the 2nd load does not work at register? I tried with two cashiers.

Updated 10/27/2018. I believe I hit the total BB limit for the month. So the additional loading was not allowed. WM should be just fine since I did load one GC to the new card.

Last edited by RedSun; Oct 27, 2018 at 9:26 am
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
I tried to load a BB card I registered months ago, but never used. The first $500 is fine at WM. But the 2nd load is rejected, saying debit not authorized. The GC is fine.

Is this because of the new card? I tried to load $5 from debit card I added later and it worked. So the account is not frozen. But why the 2nd load does not work at register? I tried with two cashiers.
I suspect some issues with AmEx network since last week.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:32 am

Brain fart moment. 10k monthly limit is tied to ssn and across both BB and serve correct? So I can't do 10k BB and 10k serve.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hb1500
Brain fart moment. 10k monthly limit is tied to ssn and across both BB and serve correct? So I can't do 10k BB and 10k serve.
I believe it is BB or Serve, not combined. I hit my limit, so only one GC was allowed and another declined.

There is nothing wrong with WM or DG. It is the limit.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:23 pm

Been out of the BB game for a while, read up, nothing has changed.

Tried loading 3 x 500 metas, debit not approved. Tried so's bb, 1 x 500 meta, debit not approved. Called up, my account should be a-ok, also logged in earlier to see if still alive, all is well. Operator said only 200 per day allowed ( which I know is not true), but whatever, I try 1 x 200, still debit not approved. Obviously loading limit has not been hit.

Any ideas??
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:25 pm

I suspect some issues with AmEx network since last week.
This would ring a bell with WM BP issues, see relevant thread...
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Can I load Bluebird at FD/DG same as my OneVip?

Do USB-MCGCs work for loading Serve/Bluebird at DG?

Originally Posted by Hb1500
I'm almost positive it is $10k to each per month. I just opened BB a week ago, but during October I'm currently at $5.0k on Serve 1, $4.9k on Serve 2, and $1.2k on BB

Do you know the monthly means 30 days or the calendar month?
Calendar.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by perkunas
Can I load Bluebird at FD/DG same as my OneVip?

Do USB-MCGCs work for loading Serve/Bluebird at DG?
There is fee to load BB at FD/DG.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:39 am

When loading using MCGC to load bluebird at WM do you need to hit the change payment key like when buying MOs?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by mensday
When loading using MCGC to load bluebird at WM do you need to hit the change payment key like when buying MOs?
Yes, you need to change payment, although we've seen recent developments with credit converted to debit in which you don't need to change payment.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by wyogold
Been out of the BB game for a while, read up, nothing has changed.

Tried loading 3 x 500 metas, debit not approved. Tried so's bb, 1 x 500 meta, debit not approved. Called up, my account should be a-ok, also logged in earlier to see if still alive, all is well. Operator said only 200 per day allowed ( which I know is not true), but whatever, I try 1 x 200, still debit not approved. Obviously loading limit has not been hit.

Any ideas??
Again today debit not approved. Nothing loaded so far. Any help? Anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.