Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5x at Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2016 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

The current WF cards that earn 5x Go Far Rewards points (WF points) are WF Visa Signature card and WF Rewards card. The 5x introductory period is 6 months, then they earn just 1x WF points. Each card is now capped the 5x at $12,500. (Updated Mar-2019)

Wells Fargo Visa Signature card:
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/visa-signature/

Wells Fargo Visa Rewards Card:
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/rewards/

Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on MS activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5x at Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
No go. PCing a card also resets the clock.
Thanks for conforming.

I'm assuming you mean PCing to (not from) a 5x card resets the clock? I don't intend to PC either way with WF, just figured I asked so it is clarified for others if they intend to.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:24 pm

Have 3 months left. Thinking about ramping this puppy up. Does the warning ALWAYS come before the shutdown? Or there can be a straight shutdown. I'm talking in reference to MSing with WF card. Of course they can shut you down whenever they want but trying to know what the past history tells us. Did anyone get direct shutdown letter without warning?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:20 pm

Anyone have any recent data on applying for (2) Wells Fargo cards at once and securing the bonus/5x on both?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali
Have 3 months left. Thinking about ramping this puppy up. Does the warning ALWAYS come before the shutdown? Or there can be a straight shutdown. I'm talking in reference to MSing with WF card. Of course they can shut you down whenever they want but trying to know what the past history tells us. Did anyone get direct shutdown letter without warning?
Go for it.

I ramped up my sixth month to 5x my CL, wish I would have done it earlier. Cleared about $7k after fees that six months.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Go for it.

I ramped up my sixth month to 5x my CL, wish I would have done it earlier. Cleared about $7k after fees that six months.
this was post May/June '16 I assume?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:39 am

Go for it.

Unless you also cycled your CL the previous months, it would be hard to know if that'd had worked.

Then again some people have reported being able to cycle their CL for multiple months and survive the whole 6 months while some others have been warned or shut down without even cycling once.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow
Anyone have any recent data on applying for (2) Wells Fargo cards at once and securing the bonus/5x on both?
Supposedly no per terms, but I haven't actually seen recent data points of people trying to do this.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Unless you also cycled your CL the previous months, it would be hard to know if that'd had worked.

Then again some people have reported being able to cycle their CL for multiple months and survive the whole 6 months while some others have been warned or shut down without even cycling once.

My guess is that it would have worked, I believe that the defining factor was if you received a targeted mailer in the mail and applied through that.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:18 am

My guess is that it would have worked, I believe that the defining factor was if you received a targeted mailer in the mail and applied through that.
I'm guessing you're commenting on this:

I got a targeted offer with ref nr and a apply by date shortly aft I opened the card on my own. I'm on the fence abt trying to apply for it and give it a go, in part due to several recent new cards. I figured there's a chance it might work due to targeting, but prob slim chance. WF has got to have some kind of internal system that checks for previous 5x accounts, like only apply 4x additional promo bonus points if there is no this or that WF card associated with this ssn in the last x months. If so, this flag would/could override the targeted one.

My guess is there's at least a couple of people reading this thread who have tried this via a targeted offer and aren't willing to say, or at least aren't willing to say it worked for them lol.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:40 pm

20k sign up bonus not been posted after two billing statements

Hi,
I met the spending requirements about two months, but I still have not received the 20K bonus points after two billing statements. How long did it take to get the bonus? thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by tiger101
Hi,
I met the spending requirements about two months, but I still have not received the 20K bonus points after two billing statements. How long did it take to get the bonus? thanks!
have you checked your T&C? Mine says:
...The bonus rewards points will show as redeemable within 1-2 billing periods following the end of the 3 month offer period....
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
I'm guessing you're commenting on this:

I got a targeted offer with ref nr and a apply by date shortly aft I opened the card on my own. I'm on the fence abt trying to apply for it and give it a go, in part due to several recent new cards. I figured there's a chance it might work due to targeting, but prob slim chance. WF has got to have some kind of internal system that checks for previous 5x accounts, like only apply 4x additional promo bonus points if there is no this or that WF card associated with this ssn in the last x months. If so, this flag would/could override the targeted one.

My guess is there's at least a couple of people reading this thread who have tried this via a targeted offer and aren't willing to say, or at least aren't willing to say it worked for them lol.
I've been receiving regular targeted mailer from WF. There was a recent DP on reddit churning about receiving (2) separate signup bonuses from (2) separate cards applied for on the same day...
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by tiger101
Hi,
after 90 days is over IIRC
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:16 am

Everything is moving right along. No issues with 5X not posting etc. Only thing that happens is, you will see redemption date jumps by a month but then in a day or two you can redeem it. Received 20,000 sign on bonus points as well.

That's how the stuff should be, it should be as smooth as butter.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali
Everything is moving right along. No issues with 5X not posting etc. Only thing that happens is, you will see redemption date jumps by a month but then in a day or two you can redeem it. Received 20,000 sign on bonus points as well.

That's how the stuff should be, it should be as smooth as butter.
20k points or 200$ bonus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.