Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5x at Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2016 onwards)

Wells Fargo Platinum 5x at Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2016 onwards)

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 16, 19, 11:43 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RedSun
Wiki Link
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

The current WF cards that earn 5x Go Far Rewards points (WF points) are WF Visa Signature card and WF Rewards card. The 5x introductory period is 6 months, then they earn just 1x WF points. Each card is now capped the 5x at $12,500. (Updated Mar-2019)

Wells Fargo Visa Signature card:
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/visa-signature/

Wells Fargo Visa Rewards Card:
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/rewards/

Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on MS activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 23, 16, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by nfpa70e View Post
Just in last few months, the liquidation scenario have vastly changed.
Moreover, in just the last few days, the purchasing scenario has vastly changed !
Old Jan 23, 16, 6:47 pm

Programs: All of them
It appears the 5% window checking instructions are no longer valid. WF changed their rewards website and I looked all over, can't find a tab or blurb anywhere that would mention the window. I just signed up for my 2nd round of this card. The CSR confirmed at activation time I got the bonus for 6mo, but even he had no clue what exact date is the cutoff.

Anyone find this info?
Old Jan 23, 16, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by littlewinglet View Post
It appears the 5% window checking instructions are no longer valid. WF changed their rewards website and I looked all over, can't find a tab or blurb anywhere that would mention the window. I just signed up for my 2nd round of this card. The CSR confirmed at activation time I got the bonus for 6mo, but even he had no clue what exact date is the cutoff.

Anyone find this info?
Go to the rewards page and under "my rewards" click on "account activity". Should pop up right there with exactly how many days remaining.
Old Jan 23, 16, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post
Go to the rewards page and under "my rewards" click on "account activity". Should pop up right there with exactly how many days remaining.
Thanks! IT people in these CC companies need some serious user interface training. Almost all CC website are poorly organized.
Old Jan 24, 16, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet View Post
Thanks! IT people in these CC companies need some serious user interface training. Almost all CC website are poorly organized.
you think not being able to find rewards info is a coincidence?
Old Jan 24, 16, 7:37 am

Programs: SQ, DL, Marriott, UR
Today was my last day of 5x promo. However, unlike previous times, "expected redeemable date" changed to a month ahead (i.e. to the next statement date). Previously it was the next day after the statement closes. Anybody experienced that?
Old Jan 24, 16, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by wrinkle7 View Post
you think not being able to find rewards info is a coincidence?
Well the info is there , and not really hidden. Just poor website structure.
Old Jan 24, 16, 12:16 pm

How to stay off the radar? Mostly we have $500 thereabout charges, although I vary that a little like $490, $495 etc.

Also someone mentioned not to pay off the bill too many times in a statement period. If your CL is low, you have to keep paying the bills since you also don't want your available credit to go negative.
Old Jan 24, 16, 7:49 pm

My first month's points just went available. How does everyone redeem? Are you just having it go directly to WF Checking? Seems like the safest option... Set up auto-redemption?

Last edited by cdog999; Jan 24, 16 at 7:54 pm
Old Jan 25, 16, 7:23 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond
That is what I did..... means I do not have to think about it.... just get the nice redemption emails monthly and the money two days later!

Originally Posted by cdog999 View Post
My first month's points just went available. How does everyone redeem? Are you just having it go directly to WF Checking? Seems like the safest option... Set up auto-redemption?
Old Jan 25, 16, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by cdog999 View Post
My one concern would be potential clawback if they were to shut you down.
Seems like a check would forestall that possibility. Maybe this is not a valid concern...
Old Jan 25, 16, 12:56 pm
Suspended

My one concern would be potential clawback if they were to shut you down.
Seems like a check would forestall that possibility. Maybe this is not a valid concern...
I doubt they have the legal right to touch your money in your checking/savings accounts...
Old Jan 26, 16, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by AndrewTheMan View Post
I doubt they have the legal right to touch your money in your checking/savings accounts...
If they put it in directly, and then determine it was in error or against the T&C, I suspect they can and would simply reverse the transaction. I like the check approach because once that is deposited in a separate account, then I agree with your statement. Paranoid? Sure.
Old Jan 26, 16, 9:19 am

If they put it in directly, and then determine it was in error or against the T&C, I suspect they can and would simply reverse the transaction. I like the check approach because once that is deposited in a separate account, then I agree with your statement. Paranoid? Sure.
If you are that concerned about a clawback, why would you wait the time period it takes for WF to process the check request, issue the check, receive it by mail and then have it clear?

It takes about two days to redeem as a credit to your account of choice (checking or savings), and from there you can either withdraw at an ATM (assuming the amount is within your daily limit) or via the teller window.
Old Jan 26, 16, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by ronnyk View Post
It takes about two days to redeem as a credit to your account of choice (checking or savings), and from there you can either withdraw at an ATM (assuming the amount is within your daily limit) or via the teller window.
Isn't there a required minimum balance to avoid the monthly fee?

if you keep a minimum balance they might still be able to reverse the credit, right?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: