Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: inY
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx
Stopped taking applications August 24, 2016.

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( PROMO CODE NOT WORKING)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $200
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000

From Jan. 11, the maximum reload value will be $200 per week.
and the maximum initial load is $100.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Visa Buxx(2016)

Old Oct 2, 2016, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by ManImCool
"Your order could not be completed. Please try again or change your payment method."

I have been funding with the same Chase BA card since March-ish, once a week. When I log into the Chase website, for today it shows the $202 pending, as well as a $202 reversal immediately following it. Is Chase blocking this?
I called British Airways and they said that they were approving everything on their end, and that it should be going through. They said to contact Nationwide because the error or whatever must be on their end. I'd prefer not to call NW because I have 5 teen accounts. I tried a different Chase card and it worked right away. Any ideas? I'd prefer to keep using the BA to hit a minimum spend!
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by ManImCool
I called British Airways and they said that they were approving everything on their end, and that it should be going through. They said to contact Nationwide because the error or whatever must be on their end. I'd prefer not to call NW because I have 5 teen accounts. I tried a different Chase card and it worked right away. Any ideas? I'd prefer to keep using the BA to hit a minimum spend!
A few years ago for some reason I was unable to load one of my Chase cards (either CSP or United Explorer can't remember which) to my TD buxx.

Never did figure it out so I just used a different card. Funny thing is when I opened my NW buxx I never had a problem using the card.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Using BUXX as a repository for pinless debit transactions required for a tiered yield checking account. The BUXX cards then buy money orders at institutions which have denied gift cards and the money orders feed back into the banking system. Enough said.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Using BUXX as a repository for pinless debit transactions required for a tiered yield checking account. The BUXX cards then buy money orders at institutions which have denied gift cards and the money orders feed back into the banking system. Enough said.
Isn't that rather expensive? since it costs $2 per load to Buxx, if you need to make 10 debit transactions, it would cost $20 per month. There are free options like Google wallet and Amazon reload that I use for this purpose.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Jetblue Mosaic, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive Elite
Anybody else's NW buxx get shut down today?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:37 am

Mine are still good
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:25 pm

Mine are good, but the website had a few burps while I was logging in and viewing statements.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 7:11 am

NW Buxx is a real PIA to do anything other than cash advances (I'm living overseas). Always getting blocked when trying to use online (address mismatch, etc) and got blocked when connecting to bluebird and failed multiple times on Google Wallet (blocked again today). They never closed both of my cards (teen and parent) since 2012 both under my name and social security. I've even gone through a recent security screening for a week with both cards locked and they still reopened despite them under the same data. Not really sure how I can continue to use them for minimum spend if I can't properly connect them to BB or GW.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 4:11 pm

NW buxx changed their web site today! It now looks totally different from yesterday.

To add/delete funding cards one has to go through "Manage Teens" => "Add Fund."
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Good catch! Very curious why they'd be re-skinning a dying product..

Edit: Silly me The change is site-wide on visaprepaidprocessing.

Edit 2: Okay maybe not site-wide but at least on some other daughter sites.

Last edited by sponge_gto; Oct 13, 2016 at 6:42 pm
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Tried adding a new teen to an existing master NW Buxx account today but couldn't get past the newly required "Promo Code" field. Appears to have been changed with the website redesign.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by lapointsguy
Tried adding a new teen to an existing master NW Buxx account today but couldn't get past the newly required "Promo Code" field. Appears to have been changed with the website redesign.
This one actually happened around the time they stopped opening new accounts.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:28 am

NW told me their card can't be used to load BB. Is this True?
What about loading NW onto Serve or Google Wallet? I wasn't able to get them to load on any so far.
Does the Serve/BB/GW address have to match the Parent address or the teen address when trying to load with the teen's card?
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
What about loading NW onto Serve or Google Wallet? I wasn't able to get them to load on any so far.
Does the Serve/BB/GW address have to match the Parent address or the teen address when trying to load with the teen's card?
Online debit loads with Buxx is no-go. You can still load BB with Buxx at Walmart I presume..
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
why would you ask them if you can MS with their card ? Rookie mistake. Dont ruin it for the rest of us please.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.