Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: inY
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx
Stopped taking applications August 24, 2016.

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( PROMO CODE NOT WORKING)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $200
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000

From Jan. 11, the maximum reload value will be $200 per week.
and the maximum initial load is $100.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $2,000
•Max spend per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

Visa Buxx(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:35 pm

There is a minor possible loophole.

My letter states that the new restrictions are effective from the start of business on January 11.

In theory, a $500 load may be possible on the 11th if done before the start of business that day. However, I suspect that a some point their computers will be down to install the new software.

Possibly this will not happen until the wee hours of the morning, so one who stays up after midnight might get a load in.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by ed765
There is a minor possible loophole.

My letter states that the new restrictions are effective from the start of business on January 11.

In theory, a $500 load may be possible on the 11th if done before the start of business that day. However, I suspect that a some point their computers will be down to install the new software.

Possibly this will not happen until the wee hours of the morning, so one who stays up after midnight might get a load in.
I got the same letter that says it is effective Jan 11th.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by greasypig
Just checked NW Buxx terms again, and looks like they maybe changed the load limits? Now it's 200/week, not 500, and still 2/load. Knocks the profit off by more than half?

I loaded 500 onto 2 accounts yesterday no problem, with 500 onto my other 2 accounts scheduled next week. We'll see.

http://www.nationwide.com/bank-buxxcard-disclosures.jsp
starting Jan 11 2016
got a letter regarding this change
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:45 am
jk2

as usual - my next possible load should be on 1/13.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Citi will see collateral damage here from me.

Where I use my Citi DoubleCash card, I'll now go back to my Barclays A+ since I won't be paying the Citi card via debit. And I'll probably favor my other Citi cards less overall since I won't need that cashout mechanism for these Buxx cards.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:14 am

so now if we have 4 teen cards, we can do 1600$ per month of ms at the cost of 1% fee on two different credit cards right??
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by lkh5650
so now if we have 4 teen cards, we can do 1600$ per month of ms at the cost of 1% fee on two different credit cards right??
If I understand the new terms correctly, you can do $800 per month at 1%, or $3,200 over 4 different cards for a total of $32 in fees.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:23 pm

Gah, just got my letter as well. I'm guessing now I'd definitely need a second teen card to meet min spend?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:34 pm

Bah, figures this would dry up, I just signed parent card setup a few days ago waiting for my SW cards to show up.

I'm wondering though.. I have 2 SW cards, and no Teens added yet. It seems like I could pretty easily drop $500 on 4 teens today, and then just slowly drain them all over the next few weeks? Still a quick 2k spend, right? Any reason that wouldn't work?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 5:32 pm

im unable to load this with a chase ink plus.. i have set cash advance limit down to min. of $20 already, anyone else have this issue? Is ink plus not accepted?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by elementofice
im unable to load this with a chase ink plus.. i have set cash advance limit down to min. of $20 already, anyone else have this issue? Is ink plus not accepted?
it's because of your cash advance limit. On chase cards, the authorization is as a cash advance but it posts as a purchase.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by elementofice
This thread is 4 pages long. Your answer is on page 3....
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by esw30
If I understand the new terms correctly, you can do $800 per month at 1%, or $3,200 over 4 different cards for a total of $32 in fees.
This would only be true if they also remove the requirement of only 2 loads per CC card during 7 day period, which I believe still exists, as I just tried to do a 3rd load (3 separate teen cards) with the same CC today and that failed.

If the terms remain the same, you could certainly do $1600 on one CC, and $1600 on another CC with 4 different teen cards, though.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:47 am

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
1% fee is not terrible compared with the alternatives, and you can pull money from an ATM and/or buy a MO fairly easily.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by calwatch
1% fee is not terrible compared with the alternatives, and you can pull money from an ATM and/or buy a MO fairly easily.
I use Citi Double Cash and Chase United Explorer to load. Aren't I gonna make like $2 profit per double cash load now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.