FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Visa Gift cards at Staples (2016) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1737048-visa-gift-cards-staples-2016-a.html)

Steve in Olympia Jan 3, 2016 10:04 pm

Visa Gift cards at Staples (2016)

In-store only, Jan. 3 through Jan. 9, $20 Visa gift card rebate when you purchase $300 in Visa gift cards. See the weekly ad, it says limit 1 per customer. Happy hunting.

DaveInLA Jan 3, 2016 11:39 pm

My local Staples, which has been very reliably stock in the past, had nothing today.

ericdabbs Jan 3, 2016 11:58 pm

Looks like for this round, Staples is giving you the choice between a $20 Rebate VGC OR a $20 Staples GC. I think this is good that Staples is giving us the choice between a $20 Rebate VGC or a $20 Staples GC since some people do a lot of shopping at Staples anyways so this helps out. Hopefully Staples keeps giving us this option for the future instead of just dictating what type of rebate it is for each round.

danhouston Jan 4, 2016 7:44 am

bought 4 of the $200 but only got 1 rebate form / id. careless of me didn't check it at the store. anyone knows how to get staples to issue a second rebate id?

DeltaNeutral28 Jan 4, 2016 7:50 am

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 25958534)
bought 4 of the $200 but only got 1 rebate form / id. careless of me didn't check it at the store. anyone knows how to get staples to issue a second rebate id?

Break each transaction up into $400 (2 VGC's). They do that no problem for me usually.

lumangoy Jan 4, 2016 8:00 am

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 25958534)

too late now that you have purchased it.

next time break it in 2 transactions.

danhouston Jan 4, 2016 8:28 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy (Post 25958606)
too late now that you have purchased it.

next time break it in 2 transactions.

meant that i did break it in 2 but only got 1 rebate form / id. will call or check with staples to see how to get a 2nd rebate issued or confirmed. also, saw on DOC that some buyers had posted on tweeter something about not getting all the rebate forms/IDs

lumangoy Jan 4, 2016 9:02 am

Originally Posted by danhouston (Post 25958760)
meant that i did break it in 2 but only got 1 rebate form / id. will call or check with staples to see how to get a 2nd rebate issued or confirmed. also, saw on DOC that some buyers had posted on tweeter something about not getting all the rebate forms/IDs

if you have 2 separate receipts, just use the id in the bottom to submit online, that's all you need.

danhouston Jan 4, 2016 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy (Post 25958964)
if you have 2 separate receipts, just use the id in the bottom to submit online, that's all you need.

learned that rebate ids were sent to my email inbox, but was strange that only 1 paper rebate form was printed from the register. since GC doesn't earn staples pts, no reason to provide acct or phone # next time

xeal Jan 4, 2016 10:58 pm

I had an entertaining experience at Staples today.

I walk in and examine the gift card rack near the front door. After maybe two or three minutes of meticulously searching through each row and column, behind other gift cards, I only find one $100 VGC that already had its back ripped off. I'm about to walk away in defeat but a staples employee shouts at me from behind the counter like a dealer emerging from the shadows of an alley:
"Hey you looking for Visa gift cards?"
"Yeah," I reply as I walk over to him
"How many do you want?"
"Just two" (without telling him the denomination)
"Here ya go, I'm your Visa guy. She'll help ring you up over there" and he hands me two $200 VGCs from this cardboard box that he's holding behind the counter

Lmao it looks like the employees are aware of our tactics of clearing out the store of them.

icemule1 Jan 5, 2016 7:38 am

Bought two sets of 2x$200 VGCs from Staples on Sunday using Ink+. Used two different rewards account numbers. Went home, filled out the rebate for one and submitted. Started up TorGuard to change my IP. Submitted second rebate with same name, different address, different phone number, different email. Today I get an email that one of them has been invalidated for exceeding household limit.

Since I changed my IP and used all different information (except name and credit card) I think they must have caught me because I used the same credit card for both purchases. I doubt they would use name since plenty of people share the same name. The only other option is they used cookies in my browser somehow to catch me. Or my rewards accounts are somehow linked even though they have completely different addresses/phones/emails.

Should I have not entered rewards account numbers when I purchased the gift cards?

jeremybe Jan 5, 2016 7:42 am

Visa Gift cards at Staples(2016)

Anyone else still have their offers in a pending status? They haven't cancelled, but they're just sitting there- Thoughts?

tbradnc Jan 5, 2016 7:46 am

Same.. Charges were pending on my Ink+ then disappeared for a few days and now showing as pending again. Staples still says 'processing'.

DeltaNeutral28 Jan 5, 2016 8:33 am

Originally Posted by icemule1 (Post 25964881)

Should I have not entered rewards account numbers when I purchased the gift cards?

Correct, cookies/browsers/same Ink have nothing to do with it, at least not for me when I do multiple because I do back to back (on same Ink) all the time in the same browser.

satman40 Jan 5, 2016 8:57 am

Seems this is related to USA only. That should be specified in original post. I suppose I should have ascertained that from the fine print in the image. Shame on me