Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flymax77
This is the 2016 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread. The previous 2013-2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Also - if you wait 30 minutes between purchase and loading, this usually avoids the loading error (some type of fraud control)

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:51 pm

My CVS in NYC started requiring cash to purchase mycash cards. Will try another location but this doesn't look good. It was coded into the register and the clerk had to call a number.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:12 pm

I'm having the hardest time tracking down a MyCash card
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:31 pm

Nevermind. I'm wrong.

Last edited by Phantom707; Mar 10, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
Nevermind. I'm wrong.
wrong about what?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by weaver808
wrong about what?
I thought you were located in one place but was very wrong (at least according to your post history and where that would suggest you are located).

I'd suggest you just look in the stock places. CVS, Walgreens, and Dollar General are known to have them.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by sedubby
I bought some at a CVS in LA (I live in SF). Loaded 2 fine when I was in LA and got the 203 as soon as I tried in SF.
Any idea of specific locations where these can be purchased in LA or NY. Havent been able to find at a single location in LA (incl CVS, Rite Aid, 7-11).

Many Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2016, 12:00 am

So I have two paypal accounts and two PPBDCs linked to each account.

I understand that I can not repurchase the same PPMC card twice in the same day.

But can I repurchase two used PPMC cards, each linked to the different paypal accounts, in the same transaction?

I hate to separate it into two sequential $503.95 transactions, the credit card company may not like it, that's why I am asking.

I have a blog post directly on the issue, but I think posting a link to it would violate the rules of the forum.

If you take a used PPMC card to CVS (the only store I've tested this at), you can basically repurchase it. You just need the barcode (the magnetic stripe is not necessary). The cashier will scan the barcode, and you can checkout as normal, including with a credit card. The only difference is that funds are automatically loaded to your account instead of you having to input the PIN.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by adobe
So I have two paypal accounts and two PPBDCs linked to each account.

I understand that I can not repurchase the same PPMC card twice in the same day.

But can I repurchase two used PPMC cards, each linked to the different paypal accounts, in the same transaction?

I hate to separate it into two sequential $503.95 transactions, the credit card company may not like it, that's why I am asking.
Yes, I've done this. It will be a very large charge, but as long as a large drugstore transaction does not look suspicious to your credit card company, this should work.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:41 pm

Can you have 2 PPBDCs with 2 Paypal accounts? Do they shut your down? I assume in order to get it you need to upgrade both accounts to have 1 Premier and 1 Business account?

I currently have 2 Paypal accounts (1 Premier and 1 personal regular account). Do I have to upgrade the personal regular account to a business account to obtain another PPBDC?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 8:06 pm

The on I bought from 7-Eleven does not have a bar code, can I still reuse it?

I have a blog post directly on the issue, but I think posting a link to it would violate the rules of the forum.

If you take a used PPMC card to CVS (the only store I've tested this at), you can basically repurchase it. You just need the barcode (the magnetic stripe is not necessary). The cashier will scan the barcode, and you can checkout as normal, including with a credit card. The only difference is that funds are automatically loaded to your account instead of you having to input the PIN.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by savingwizard
The on I bought from 7-Eleven does not have a bar code, can I still reuse it?
In guessing it's an older card. Do you mind posting a picture of it? Making sure to black out the PIN, of course.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:28 pm

I have ebay/paypal account (5+ years)

I usually buy ebay gift cards, simple to enter the code, buying this 'reusable Paypal mycash' $500 card is a 1 time mistake, is there a way to simply add 500 to my existing PayPal account without setting up something new that is asking for my SS#? or any other alternate use without registering?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
I have ebay/paypal account (5+ years)

I usually buy ebay gift cards, simple to enter the code, buying this 'reusable Paypal mycash' $500 card is a 1 time mistake, is there a way to simply add 500 to my existing PayPal account without setting up something new that is asking for my SS#? or any other alternate use without registering?
You can maybe get a refund if you contact Incomm.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:16 pm

You can maybe get a refund if you contact Incomm.
refundable? how
Old Mar 16, 2016, 7:22 pm

New to PPMC's, it took me ~10 minutes from discovering they exist to buying one from Rite Aid across the street

I'm planning on using PPMC's to fund my PPBDMC. My wife really likes this grocery store coop that only takes debit, so we spend ~$150 a month there.

On top of that, I think I want to pay rent with a money order now that Serve is dead.
Are there issues buying money orders with the PPBDMC?

I searched the 2014 and 2015 thread and couldn't find much info. That may be my answer ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.