Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Do you MS to meet minimum spend, or for "normal" points/miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

I'm curious what type of credit card rewards people here use MS for. Obviously you get the most bang for your buck by working towards signup bonuses. But when you don't have a new bonus to work towards, do you MS anyway for the "standard" rewards? If so, do you only do it when you get, e.g., 5% or greater (a la GCs at office stores)?
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:51 pm

The only hard and fast rule I have is to try not to buy anything unless I'm getting points, miles or cash back.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: Southwest RR
Southwest has a great opportunity through applying for the premier and plus cards to get you a companion pass for over 1 year. That's my current project and it looks promising.

Edit: sorry I misread the op. I still use my rewards cards whenever possible for miles and cash back reimbursement. A nice route is always paypal debit with 1% cash back and tie it to plastiq or onradpad to make rent payments etc. Charge the paypal card with your rewards credit card and you've got some easy points.

Last edited by Fredmc2020; Dec 31, 2015 at 8:02 pm
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:01 pm

I do it for both. But since i cant open any more cards, now doing MS for miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.