FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Buy MO's at Post Office[2016] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1729093-buy-mos-post-office-2016-a.html)

miker0206 Dec 4, 2015 11:33 am

Buy MO's at Post Office[2016]

I am able to generate almost $70K UR points per month. My wife and I have 4 Chase Ink cards. We spend $2400 with each Ink card on $300 VGCs at Staples.com. Entering through the UR portal gets 2X and the office product bonus gets 5X. Until recently, was buying MO's at WM but they stopped accepting VGCs. Went to my local post office. To my pleasant surprise, I had no problem. They gave me $900 MOs until I was done. Price was $1.60 per MO. A little higher than WM but no big deal. Interested in seeing if others are equally successful. Hint: go in when they're not too busy.

DeaconY Dec 4, 2015 11:36 am

Have you actually received the 2X UR portal bonus for purchasing the VGCs?

miker0206 Dec 4, 2015 11:39 am

Yes. A friend did also. I don't think there is an issue there.

lad2 Dec 4, 2015 11:41 am

Just wait for the portal clawback.

DeltaNeutral28 Dec 4, 2015 11:42 am

What is the OP talking about getting an additional 2X through the UR portal on staples VGC online???????????

miker0206 Dec 4, 2015 11:45 am

Instead of going to staples.com directly, you go to chase.com and enter the UR portal. From there, you link to staples.com. Chase gives a 2X bonus when you buy through them at Staples.com. You can get both the 2X and the 5X.

miker0206 Dec 4, 2015 11:49 am

We keep the MS purchases per card to $2400 per month and make sure to use the cards for other types of non-MS purchases each month. We also move the points regularly to airline programs. So far, no clawback.

mhdena Dec 4, 2015 12:08 pm

Is this just an "Idea" or an actual practice?

Up until this month I could get $2700 at Staples, this month I get this message,

"We are unable to complete your order for the following reason:
In order to comply with Federal anti-money laundering regulations, Staples does not sell more than $2,000 of gift cards in any order. Please adjust your order and continue to Secure Checkout."

miker0206 Dec 4, 2015 12:23 pm

Just split your order in half. You can do multiple orders as long as each one is below $2000.

mhdena Dec 4, 2015 12:59 pm

I have 2 Inks so I already do.

You made it sound like it was $2400 per order which it was not long ago, but no more.

alphakenny1 Dec 4, 2015 1:07 pm

According to the TOS:

Staples.com's Terms and Conditions
Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Shopping cart must be empty prior to accessing Staples through this site to be eligible. Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents including third party gift cards sold by Staples.com. Discount reward certificates and Copy and Print shop orders are not eligible. Staples Business Advantage orders are not eligible. Contact with Staples for price matching, sales assistance, etc. will likely cancel eligibility. Any return, exchange or other adjustment made at a physical store location for an on-line purchase may result in your purchase being deemed ineligible. Phone orders are not eligible. Not eligible on reserve online, pick up in store purchases. Not eligible on postage stamps. Not eligible on Staples Promotional Products.

You sure you are getting 2X on gift cards?

Falimz Dec 4, 2015 1:20 pm

I go to 2 different post offices around here to unload any Vanilla VGCs with no problems. I usually use 2x$500 GCs for a $998.35 MO ($1.65 fee).

abcpp Dec 4, 2015 1:41 pm

miker0206,

Could you perhaps post a screenshot showing your 2X earnings on the VGC spend? Mine doesn't show...

ctbarron Dec 4, 2015 1:52 pm

The portal clawback will take 30-60 days.

Buying a lot of MO's at the Post Office carries its own set of risks.

mikeyjones4652 Dec 4, 2015 2:11 pm

I'd like to follow this story in another month or 2...