Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Transferwise now accepts credit cards with 0.3% fees = Endless cycle of payment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferwise now accepts credit cards with 0.3% fees = Endless cycle of payment

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:57 am
inY

Verse has MCC 4829, same as Transferwise, and authorized as a cash advance against Bank of America and City National Bank. Don't know about posting yet.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
So I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know if Bank of America treats Transferwise as a cash advance or a purchase? I get 2.625% back on my card with them so the 1.85% fee would be worth it (it would cover their normal transfer fee as well).
For all practical purposes, Transferwise is not meaningful for US bank and credit card holders due to
1) Transferwise has increased their fees to 3.5% for US credit cards
2) Most US banks now consider Transferwise as cash advance and you would be charged 5% or $10 whichever is higher over and above 3.5% fees you pay to Transferwise

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.