Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$500 VGC and MGC at OfficeMax

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by efoss3
I bought 3 $200 master card gift cards, called to set my own password and loaded them easily onto my Serve card this morning.
But probably on a Kate. Some stores don't have Kates, or if they do, they are down a lot. MC don't process easily at a standard register.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by CWAL
Not sure if serious... I hate having to call to set pins, especially when I accidentally grab a handful of the old US Bank MC without the pin slip...
yep, took longer to call to set pin
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
yep, took longer to call to set pin
Just pay attention to the prompts. You'll learn them after a call or two. It takes me 42 seconds to call & set the PIN on a US Bank GC, half of which is also used to remove packaging, stickers, & rubber cement.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by ElPresidente
But probably on a Kate. Some stores don't have Kates, or if they do, they are down a lot. MC don't process easily at a standard register.
MCGC is fine at a CS register. Just 2 extra quick screen taps compared to a VGC.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by anubond005
I managed to get 4 ($200 each) yesterday. Store was strict on the limit. There was this Asian guy with 4 people with him. He said he's gonna buy for all from the same card in different transactions. Manager was called out and there was some argument. They ended up calling his bank and see if they are fine with a transaction like tat. He was allowed to pay for others. Some days I just feel....
I wonder why did you need the "asian" qualifier here.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by markr33
MCGC is fine at a CS register. Just 2 extra quick screen taps compared to a VGC.
Yep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.