Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Allowance Manager-A possible new MS option?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

I stumbled upon an Allowance Manager e-voucher on costco (http://www.costco.com/Allowance-Mana...100227399.html). It appears to similar to Visa Buxx; it's a service that allows parents to load money to cards for their children to spend. The website doesn't have a lot of information, but it looks like there is an annual fee ($49 with costco voucher), and a 2.5% charge to load with a credit card. There is no fee if you reload with Visa Readylink at ReadyLink provider store locations. Schedule of fees: http://allowancemanager.com/how-kids...edule-of-fees/

It is unclear if these loads will post as purchases.

Paying $49 + 2.5% to MS isn't super attractive unless you need an easy way to meet minimums, but I thought I would post the info here in case someone more creative than me finds use for it.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
I think they will shut you down pretty quickly with any significant loading since the card is for kids

Also the normal $98 annual fee they charge for this is absurd.

Last edited by TAWS; Oct 2, 2015 at 12:19 am
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:08 am

this reminded me of the crappy 0ink card with one personnel to deal with...
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by amberailene
Paying $49 + 2.5% to MS isn't super attractive unless you need an easy way to meet minimums
And even for minimums, it's still pretty bad. There are too many easy ways to meet minimum spend, then to use something like this.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
this sounds like a really bad product for people who are really bad at managing and understanding the cost of dealing with their money to pass on those really bad habits to their children.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by particlemn
this sounds like a really bad product for people who are really bad at managing and understanding the cost of dealing with their money to pass on those really bad habits to their children.
^

Just the thing for people with more money than sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.