Sunrise Visa Fraud Alert?

Old Aug 31, 15, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Sunrise Visa Fraud Alert?

I bought 8 Sunnies today at Walmart. 7 of the 8 I was able to unload onto Bluebird/Serve. The 9th one (was actually number 4 in order) I mistakenly tried loading onto a Bluebird that was already at $4600 for the month. I'm guessing this is what caused the decline. Tried another time on the same card (Bluebird) and then tried on my Serve (which had $0 debit loaded to this month). Same weird transaction load error. I see a balance of $500. I called the 1-800 number on the back and they said the card was frozen and needed to go through a fraud review. Said they would call me back within the next 10 business days after the review to unfreeze (gave them my phone number and name). This happen to anyone else?
Old Aug 31, 15, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Yup. Call back on the tenth day and they will unfreeze.
Old Sep 1, 15, 11:56 am

Happens when you make a mistake, after being a bit to greedy/eager to unload those cards.
I think it is you, that has to make that call after ten business days, the fraud/call center at that number on the back of the card won't be calling you.

It will be un-locked after you make that call, after ten (10) business days.
Old Sep 1, 15, 12:39 pm

I just had a similar rejection. I messed up the pin and couldn't use the card. I tried calling the number on the back, but no matter what option I selected I could not get a live person. What are you supposed to select to talk to someone. Frustrating.

I just went ahead and registered the card online and used some of the money for a Kiva donation. Wonder if the freeze is now lifted and I offload the balance.
Old Sep 1, 15, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by angiez628 View Post
I just had a similar rejection. I messed up the pin and couldn't use the card. I tried calling the number on the back, but no matter what option I selected I could not get a live person. What are you supposed to select to talk to someone. Frustrating.

I just went ahead and registered the card online and used some of the money for a Kiva donation. Wonder if the freeze is now lifted and I offload the balance.
Press 2, which is 'lost or stolen card'. You'll get a real human in 10 to 30 minutes. Plead your case, and in ten business days, they will un-freeze the card.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: