Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

There is a drug store that may become more useful..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD

I noticed something today and would like to discuss it with the community, but this is a BRAND NEW change (less than a couple of days) and I fear too much info can kill it.

How would one go about discussing such a topic that is related to MS but without disclosing details that could lead to it being killed off?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:28 pm

I don't know what you're referring to but I saw a potential MS deal in one of the drugstores that I still have to try if it works as advertised in their ad. 'nuff said.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Do it either via PM, or do it elsewhere ie in a private forum.
Wide exposure here kills things.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:29 pm

Last edited by gloreglabert; Dec 6, 2022 at 1:38 pm
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:43 pm

There was one I wanted to try, but I've been holding off because the T&C's say otherwise, but that one was a little older. Post it in here, and it will surely not work in any case.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:55 pm

You can PM me your information, and I'll give you advice.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:02 pm

I'm sure this question may have been asked before, but here goes. Why not make the MS thread private or only accessible with a certain number of posts? I've never understood why FT doesn't do that. Maybe make it 1,000 minimum post count? I realize I'm new and would accept the fact that I can't get in, but that seems to make the best sense. I've seen it on other forums that I've participated on. Anyways, that's my two cents.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
How would one go about discussing such a topic that is related to MS but without disclosing details that could lead to it being killed off?
Depends on why you want to go about discussing it in the first place...

If you're looking for feedback on whether it will work, your best move is just to keep quiet and give it a try.

If you're looking to give back to those who have provided useful info in the past, PM them directly.

If you're looking to give back to FT as a whole, then you post it and hope people get some use before it gets shut down.

If you just want to show off your discovery, then you need to weigh what it's worth to you. Perhaps keep quiet and utilize it for a month or so and then share it here.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:23 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Moderator Message:

The issue of whether to make the MS forum private or semi-private has been endlessly discussed on other threads, so there is no need to repeat the discussion here.

OP, you can post as much or as little as you wish, in the thread associated with the correct drugstore. If you are concerned about "killing" the deal, then post only limited information. Some people like to post in a cryptic way, using acronyms that only seasoned MSers can understand. Again, it's up to you.

The moderators received a message asking if there are private subforums for selected members. There are not.

Last edited by cbn42; Aug 2, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:30 pm

Drop some cryptic hints OP! This thread is a tease
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by exoticfusion
Why not make the MS thread private or only accessible with a certain number of posts ?
the powers-that-be feel otherwise
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
I've decided against posting info until I test it out.

If it actually pans out, then I will possibly follow up.

Thanks for all the PMs, but I don't really feel comfortable sharing with people with low post counts.

To all those asking me via PM which drugstore, sorry, not going to divulge that just yet. It seems to be a very secret software update with absolutely ZERO ads anywhere for the change.

Possibly might be rolling out nationwide soon
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:51 am

Just FYI, it doesn't do much when you have multiple birds already assuming we are talking to the same stuff.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: Several dozen
Dunno who the moderator is referring to, but if you know about the First Bank of the Spook (CIA) or the Second Bank of the Spook (NSA) then you may want to check into the Third Bank of the Spook. Figure out where Casper also lives and check that institution for deposits by credit card. You can get in without having a decoder ring by membership in a group anyone can join (ala First Bank of the Spook). When you find it and test it, keep it off the boards. Go slow on PMs as I'll be overseas for a bit.

Originally Posted by cbn42
Moderator Message:

The issue of whether to make the MS forum private or semi-private has been endlessly discussed on other threads, so there is no need to repeat the discussion here.

OP, you can post as much or as little as you wish, in the thread associated with the correct drugstore. If you are concerned about "killing" the deal, then post only limited information. Some people like to post in a cryptic way, using acronyms that only seasoned MSers can understand. Again, it's up to you.

The moderators received a message asking if there are private subforums for selected members. There are not.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:03 am

The challenge of posting any potentially new MS to FT is that we have folks who abuse MS, which ruins it for those of us who have restraint. I realize that we live in an "it's all about me" era, but a little consideration goes a long way.

I was in my local Giant yesterday morning before 7AM, and all of the variable MC's were already gone. Two days earlier, the rack was overloaded with them. The same holds true when people purchase money orders and stand there with 20 cards, which ties up the associates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.