Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread covers posts before 2018 only. The new thread is here.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/day (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days. Monthly limit is just 5k * days in the month.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen.

Visa issued by metabank.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.
Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by NoonRadar

Thanks. So you were able to hit cancel then select debit at WM, or did it somehow auto-process these as debit? I've also seen a couple of WMs with updated POS software so I wonder if they'd behave differently with these.
I definitely didn't have to hit cancel during the transaction. Cannot remember if I had to select debit, but it was pretty easy to do: accept the amount, key in PIN, transaction approved.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by jtav559
I definitely didn't have to hit cancel during the transaction. Cannot remember if I had to select debit, but it was pretty easy to do: accept the amount, key in PIN, transaction approved.
is it issued by meta? think the 1 issued by usbank will require pressing the cancel button
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
is it issued by meta? think the 1 issued by usbank will require pressing the cancel button
Yes, was a meta. Standard card from GC.com with my name customized on it. Has worked well for years, and continues to!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:01 pm

Does anyone have any recent data points about cash back tracking on portals with promo codes?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Diners Club
Does anyone have any recent data points about cash back tracking on portals with promo codes?
TCB worked, it took about 1.5 months after I entered a claim
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:23 am

I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it. When buying a metabank visa on gcm, is it recorded as a purchase or cash advance on a citi exec or citi plat? I'm just trying to meet a spend, not in it big time so I'm reluctant to make my cash advance 0. Or, should I not worry about it and it's easy to bump my cash adv back up later? Thx in advance.

Last edited by vbnet; Dec 5, 2017 at 9:40 am
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by notalent
Thanks. Is TCB paying 1% nowadays on GC.com for Visa and Mastercard gift cards? I haven't ordered from GC.com in a while.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by vbnet
I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it. When buying a metabank visa on gcm, is it recorded as a purchase or cash advance on a citi exec or citi plat? I'm just trying to meet a spend, not in it big time so I'm reluctant to make my cash advance 0. Or, should I not worry about it and it's easy to bump my cash adv back up later? Thx in advance.
Standard purchase. You are all good. Remember: 2.5k per transaction limit, 5k per month - including fees.
vbnet likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Thanks. Is TCB paying 1% nowadays on GC.com for Visa and Mastercard gift cards? I haven't ordered from GC.com in a while.
As of my last order in late November, yes.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by jtav559
Standard purchase. You are all good. Remember: 2.5k per transaction limit, 5k per month - including fees.
It's not $5K per month but per day, IME. The $2.5K includes the fees but not shipping and handling of $7.20 via USPS.

As of Dec 1 2017, there were revisions to terms as to maximum amount of orders, IIRC it's $30K.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
It's not $5K per month but per day, IME. The $2.5K includes the fees but not shipping and handling of $7.20 via USPS.

As of Dec 1 2017, there were revisions to terms as to maximum amount of orders, IIRC it's $30K.
That's not true. You can still order more per account, but only 30K will get cashback from portals. I'm looking for someone to provide a DP on when they get past 30K using multiple accounts...
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
That's not true. You can still order more per account, but only 30K will get cashback from portals. I'm looking for someone to provide a DP on when they get past 30K using multiple accounts...
Me too.. and a DP to see if they cap 30k per email address on the cash back portal or if its 30K per mailing address.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:10 am

Anyone having issues with Yazing/Mastercard and CB? I put in an order yesterday evening, ran a report today and they didn't have any transactions to report. I always thought GC.com was super fast on their reporting.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by notalent
Wait, so you are saying TCB didn't track when you entered a code? You had to do a manual claim to finally get the money? Seems like a major headache if what you said is true.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
Wait, so you are saying TCB didn't track when you entered a code? You had to do a manual claim to finally get the money? Seems like a major headache if what you said is true.
I placed 3 separate orders with codes, 2 tracked, 1 didn't.

I just submitted a claim yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.