Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread covers posts before 2018 only. The new thread is here.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/day (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days. Monthly limit is just 5k * days in the month.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen.

Visa issued by metabank.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.
Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
I tried the eVGC. It cant be used for Paypal or Plastiq. I dont know what it is good for, except for normal purchases...
Plus it only tracks at 1% TCB, instead of 2% shown.
Old May 8, 2017, 4:45 am

How fast have folks been ramping up on GC.com?

Like first order on Day X, second order on Day X+7? etc

Do you wait till it ships before doing second order, or after it's done processing? It seems to take forever to ship out.

I know they are not as trigger-happy as GCM, but dont want to push my luck if it is also considered risky

Last edited by gnomey; May 8, 2017 at 5:03 am
Old May 8, 2017, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
How fast have folks been ramping up on GC.com?

Like first order on Day X, second order on Day X+7? etc

Do you wait till it ships before doing second order, or after it's done processing? It seems to take forever to ship out.

I know they are not as trigger-happy as GCM, but dont want to push my luck if it is also considered risky
No real formula to it. I ordered 1 single 500 dollar card, and then a week later, ordered another single 500 card using a different CC. Account was banned from that point on (though I never got any email or notification actually saying I'm banned. Its just that I can't put through any order with any card anymore). Don't assume they are any less trigger happy.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by brody24
No real formula to it. I ordered 1 single 500 dollar card, and then a week later, ordered another single 500 card using a different CC. Account was banned from that point on (though I never got any email or notification actually saying I'm banned. Its just that I can't put through any order with any card anymore). Don't assume they are any less trigger happy.
Thanks for the warning. Fickle company. Now that you mention it, I think I was once banned from GC.com many moons ago for buying a $500, then another $500 much later. So long ago that I have forgotten about it. Cos I have since jumped ship to GCM and was enjoying it for a long while until got kicked out recently. And now back again.

Like jumping between two unhealthy relationships
Old May 8, 2017, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
Thanks for the warning. Fickle company. Now that you mention it, I think I was once banned from GC.com many moons ago for buying a $500, then another $500 much later. So long ago that I have forgotten about it. Cos I have since jumped ship to GCM and was enjoying it for a long while until got kicked out recently. And now back again.

Like jumping between two unhealthy relationships
Any idea what got you booted from GCM?
Old May 9, 2017, 11:07 am

MCGC from GC changed from Bancorp to Metabank

Just read this post that says GC has quietly switched their MasterCard GC bank from Bancorp to Metabank:

http://milesperday.com/2017/05/giftc...t-card-issuer/

This is bad news for me because I was buying MCGC from GC and using at PO. I looked at GCM and they are only issuing VGC from Metabank.

Anybody know where I can buy VGC or MCGC issued by Bancorp? I'm looking for online sellers. My local CVS and walgreens don't take credit cards when buying giftcards.
Old May 9, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by mcooper7290
Just read this post that says GC has quietly switched their MasterCard GC bank from Bancorp to Metabank:

http://milesperday.com/2017/05/giftc...t-card-issuer/

This is bad news for me because I was buying MCGC from GC and using at PO. I looked at GCM and they are only issuing VGC from Metabank.

Anybody know where I can buy VGC or MCGC issued by Bancorp? I'm looking for online sellers. My local CVS and walgreens don't take credit cards when buying giftcards.
I believe both Sam's Club and Wal Mart sell Bancorp-issued VGCs online, though the fees are very high. Much higher than just buying from a drugstore for 4.95 per $500 card.

I'd also love to know if there are any online sources to purchase Bancorp-issued VGCs other than Wal Mart and Sam's Club.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:53 pm

I believe both Sam's Club and Wal Mart sell Bancorp-issued VGCs online, though the fees are very high. Much higher than just buying from a drugstore for 4.95 per $500 card.

I'd also love to know if there are any online sources to purchase Bancorp-issued VGCs other than Wal Mart and Sam's Club.
Yeah it looks like walmart.com sells Bancorp VGC, but the largest is $200 with a $6.88 fee and there's no cash back. So the fee cost is like 3X what it costs to use GC with cashback. Sam's Club is almost identical.

The pushback I get at WM each time I try to buy MO is getting worse and worse. The PO was such a relief and far more convenient. I hate going back to WM.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:33 pm

Yeah it looks like walmart.com sells Bancorp VGC, but the largest is $200 with a $6.88 fee and there's no cash back. So the fee cost is like 3X what it costs to use GC with cashback. Sam's Club is almost identical.

The pushback I get at WM each time I try to buy MO is getting worse and worse. The PO was such a relief and far more convenient. I hate going back to WM.
Easier to just buy VCGs at drug stores at that point. Lower cost and can be used at USPS.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:31 am

Easier to just buy VCGs at drug stores at that point. Lower cost and can be used at USPS.
Sadly I have not found any drug stores here in San Jose which will sell VGCs using CC.
Old May 11, 2017, 11:37 am

Sadly I have not found any drug stores here in San Jose which will sell VGCs using CC.
sad to say, your area is one of the so called "MS wasteland".

keep on reading though, there's a lot of other avenues you haven't explored that may work for you.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
sad to say, your area is one of the so called "MS wasteland".

keep on reading though, there's a lot of other avenues you haven't explored that may work for you.
Thanks for the encouragement. I've actually been MS'ing for many years now. I do keep up on most methods, but currently only the VGC -> WM (MO) -> Checking account is open and worth it to me as far as I know. The risk/pain dealing with WM keeps growing so I'm trying to avoid that. I'm not really excited about the buy stuff and resell it. So much work and risk.

If you have any pointers to methods I would greatly appreciate it. Please PM me if you wish to keep it quiet.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:43 am

First time ordering from here. I did the priority mail shipping with tracking and it arrived in a ripped open envelope placed inside a clear bag with a postmaster sticker on it apologizing for the damage. The individual envelopes inside containing each individual gift card were not ripped open but unsealed. Is that normal?

Either way I'm going to liquidate immediately to be safe.
Old May 12, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Spiral1
First time ordering from here. I did the priority mail shipping with tracking and it arrived in a ripped open envelope placed inside a clear bag with a postmaster sticker on it apologizing for the damage. The individual envelopes inside containing each individual gift card were not ripped open but unsealed. Is that normal?

The separate unsealed, yes. The ripped open postmaster letter, uhh no...
Old May 12, 2017, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Spiral1

if can't quickly liquidate, change pin #

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.