How much MS on PRG

Old Jul 17, 15, 1:41 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 54
How much MS on PRG

I have plenty of grocery stores that will sell VGC to me. My question is what type of volume of MS can I safely put through? I was already FR about 5mo ago and passed with 6 figure income
kmwrestle is offline  
Old Jul 17, 15, 2:20 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 908
I do only about 7k a month on the PRG. 7k a month on OBC (capped), 7k a month(Surpass), that's already 21k a month for AMEX. I might need to slow down.
sosamo is offline  
Old Jul 17, 15, 2:36 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 12
I always have this question in mind. Does AMEX look at your spend across all of your AMEX cards or just one by one, especially during the FR? That would change the view significantly how much to put on each of the month.
fancyfly is offline  
Old Jul 17, 15, 3:43 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 114
Why MS on PRG?! you can MS on EDP using AGC and get much more(2.25% cashback instead of extra 0.5MR)
vah4883 is offline  
Old Jul 17, 15, 4:34 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 54
Amex won't approve me for a EDP, I have 2 revolvers and both are stuck at 1k limits. I think my old charge off with them gives me a very bad internal score even though I'm a 687 with <1% util and 140k in limits
kmwrestle is offline  
Old Jul 17, 15, 5:39 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 908
Originally Posted by vah4883 View Post
Why MS on PRG?! you can MS on EDP using AGC and get much more(2.25% cashback instead of extra 0.5MR)
AGC are not as easy to liquidate as back in the days with Vanilla, CVS, etc.

yes, you get 2.25% cash back. But for me at least, I would have to convert the AGC to VGC to load into Serve/BB/or MO.

PRG at Supermarket is x 2 bonus. MR points are definitely worth more than .01 each.

What's EDP? I thought you were talking about Cash back portal like Topcashback, etc. buying AGC.
sosamo is offline  
Old Jul 17, 15, 6:14 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 168
Originally Posted by sosamo View Post
AGC are not as easy to liquidate as back in the days with Vanilla, CVS, etc.

yes, you get 2.25% cash back. But for me at least, I would have to convert the AGC to VGC to load into Serve/BB/or MO.

PRG at Supermarket is x 2 bonus. MR points are definitely worth more than .01 each.

What's EDP? I thought you were talking about Cash back portal like Topcashback, etc. buying AGC.
I easily MS AGC through Amazon, I will not mention how.
Pencegeri is offline  
Old Jul 18, 15, 7:51 pm
  #8  
xp0
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 774
Originally Posted by Pencegeri View Post
I easily MS AGC through Amazon, I will not mention how.
lol yeah, buying stuff unless you are still using their amazon register thing, which if you are, you arent MSing hard enough
xp0 is offline  
Old Jul 18, 15, 7:56 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 393
Originally Posted by sosamo View Post
AGC are not as easy to liquidate as back in the days with Vanilla, CVS, etc.

yes, you get 2.25% cash back. But for me at least, I would have to convert the AGC to VGC to load into Serve/BB/or MO.

PRG at Supermarket is x 2 bonus. MR points are definitely worth more than .01 each.

What's EDP? I thought you were talking about Cash back portal like Topcashback, etc. buying AGC.
EDP is Amex EveryDay Preferred which earns 1.5x for having more than 30 transactions per month. Vah was saying with EDP, you're earning 1.5x MR + 2.25% CB. With PRG, you get 2x MR. Most will value 2.25% CB more than 0.5x MR.
donuteric is offline  
Old Jul 18, 15, 8:39 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,831
The travel credit is $100 per calendar year right?

So technically if I was approved for the card now, I can earn $100 travel credit this year, then another $100 for 2016 before the annual fee hits?
lumangoy is offline  
Old Jul 18, 15, 8:40 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 393
That's correct.
donuteric is offline  
Old Jul 18, 15, 9:15 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South Florida, USA
Posts: 184
Originally Posted by donuteric View Post
EDP is Amex EveryDay Preferred which earns 1.5x for having more than 30 transactions per month. Vah was saying with EDP, you're earning 1.5x MR + 2.25% CB. With PRG, you get 2x MR. Most will value 2.25% CB more than 0.5x MR.
For first $6k, you get 4.5x MR at supermarkets with EDP. Not very good for high volume MSing.
markr33 is offline  
Old Jul 18, 15, 9:51 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 393
I wasn't comparing on grocery spends between the two cards.
donuteric is offline  
Old Jul 18, 15, 9:56 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Central VA/LYH/ROA
Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
Posts: 361
Originally Posted by Pencegeri View Post
I easily MS AGC through Amazon, I will not mention how.
You have me intrigued - only because hypothetically at one point every single method was only being used by a select few before they all became popular and ruined...so who knows...maybe you discovered a way to do it few know about...
air360 is offline  
Old Jul 19, 15, 3:10 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,699
Originally Posted by xp0 View Post
lol yeah, buying stuff unless you are still using their amazon register thing, which if you are, you arent MSing hard enough
now that you mentioned the amz register thing, those who got in on or before 10/31 got the 1.75% offer that runs till 12/31/15 or is it 1/31/2016? I have to check the end date. that is assuming, amz hasn't shutdown the HHs who used them to process their high value AGCs.
Mamibear is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: