Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Lets make a list of where to report banks/entities that hold our money.

Lets make a list of where to report banks/entities that hold our money.

Reply

Old Jul 15, 15, 8:14 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Posts: 672
Lets make a list of where to report banks/entities that hold our money.

I'm saying this because my PayPal account just recently went to limited. I haven't called them yet because i've currently on vacation and my PayPal card is back in NY. I figured it would be easier to report them for holding my funds if they refuse to reopen my accounts. I only know of the CFPB and BBB. What are some others, please?
Membersince2013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 15, 8:21 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,615
your state's attorney general's office
Mamibear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 15, 9:17 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 21,945
Id say its alot easier making alist of those companys that wont hold onto ones funds
craz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 15, 10:41 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Posts: 1,855
Originally Posted by Membersince2013 View Post
I figured it would be easier to report them for holding my funds if they refuse to reopen my accounts
180 rotations of the earth
Alcibiades is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 15, 3:09 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
180 rotations of the earth
You should probably find something better to do.
Membersince2013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 15, 4:34 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by Membersince2013 View Post
I'm saying this because my PayPal account just recently went to limited. I haven't called them yet because i've currently on vacation and my PayPal card is back in NY. I figured it would be easier to report them for holding my funds if they refuse to reopen my accounts. I only know of the CFPB and BBB. What are some others, please?
If one works, why not just go with it. I had a positive outcome within 10 days of filing my CFPB report for PayPal. I happen to think the BBB is worthless and they are becoming increasingly more irrelevant as people have lots of ways to share positive and negative experiences online.
ronnyk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 15, 5:01 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by ronnyk View Post
If one works, why not just go with it. I had a positive outcome within 10 days of filing my CFPB report for PayPal. I happen to think the BBB is worthless and they are becoming increasingly more irrelevant as people have lots of ways to share positive and negative experiences online.
I see! Thanks...I'll try that when i get back. I have $1500+ tied up in there.
Membersince2013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 15, 9:55 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: WI
Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Posts: 895
PayPal is NOT a regulated bank. So filing is going to do you no good.
davef139 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 15, 11:24 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Raiegh, NC
Posts: 300
Lets make a list of where to report banks/entities that hold our money.

Cfpb is quick and easy. It works. Any time I have a problem I file a cfpb complaint. And pp did hold my money for 6 months and still would not release it... until I filed cfpb complaints for all 5 accounts.
CrediPig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 15, 9:30 pm
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by davef139 View Post
PayPal is NOT a regulated bank. So filing is going to do you no good.
It actually did me a lot of good. They released my money about a week and a half after i filed the report.
Membersince2013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 15, 1:18 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 134
Originally Posted by Membersince2013 View Post
It actually did me a lot of good. They released my money about a week and a half after i filed the report.
check below for few success stories..

http://www.success.grownupgeek.com/i...omment-page-6/
anagoree is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 15, 6:52 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Posts: 672
Originally Posted by anagoree View Post
check below for few success stories..

http://www.success.grownupgeek.com/i...omment-page-6/
I see! PayPal is really on a power trip. You can't limit peoples account and also keep their money. That's unacceptable. Luckily for me, i knew exactly what to do when they limited my account. I didn't even bother talking to them too much. I called once and was told that they will hold funds -- went right ahead and filed my compliant.
Membersince2013 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: